June 11th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/11/09

Tonight on 360°, new insight on the man accused of killing a guard at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. Is 88-year-old James von Brunn a so-called "lone wolf", one who is filled with so much hate that he decided to take action on his own? We'll have the latest on the murder case.

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Tracy

The 'undocumented' college students are citizens of Mexico. They should apply for scholarships from the Mexican government to study abroad – in the US.
    Americans do this all the time.

June 11, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, Anderson and Erica
    Good night, friends, David (Indiana), bloggers, everyone!

A good rest for everyone...

See you tomorrow!!! Bye...

June 11, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Anthonia-califonia

Goodnight Everyone!

June 11, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

You guys always make me laugh. Have a great rest of the night and TGIF tomorrow.. Yippee..

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Mike, Syracuse, NY

What part of 'illegal' is hard to understand?

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Anderson, Erica, David G, Edurrado (Ed Henry) and my friend twitter/facebook bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight everyone!!!! 😀
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with Jeff Tobbin, Lisa Bloom David Gergen's comment were first concert!!! my was first concert Randy Travis!!!!!! Cool shot!!! and Ben too!!!

Anderson,
    Have a great night, good sleep at home after work!!!! See you tomorrow night!!! Have a plenty sleep! 😀

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  7. starr formerly known as vincent

Great follow up on everyone's 1st concert! Especially David Gergen!

Thanks for anothe r terrific show and goodnight.

Good night fellow bloogers, enjoyed you comments (as always).

LOVE the Ben W. was so interested in researching garbage dumps!

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  8. d. roberts

Mr. Cooper, I am an African American female 56 yrs old. Listening to your story about the young lady who is an illegal alien, wishing to attend college at the tax papers expense made me furious. I can't believe that the US would even consider allowing illegals to get federal tax paper money for college, regardless how smart they are suppose to be. We have thousands of young people who were born here of all races and can't get any help from our gov't for college, let alone an expensive one. We are in debt up to our eyeballs, legal citizens are losing their homes, jobs and lives and you have the nerve to entertain helping an illegal with college funds just because they are smart. Please, we do have smart kids right here in the US that desparetly need help with school. Dang, what is America coming to when it rather help others before it helps it's own. I might just go Republican where they seem to have more sense.

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Brian

David Letterman is not even funny. His boring rant puts me to sleep every night. If I ever listen to it .

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

Perry Como! For more than two decxase (maybe three) Perry Como had the highest TV audience rating for a TV special. (It was from a show int he early 60s–before I was born, ahem.) I wonder where that record stands now! Go David Gergen!

June 11, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Jennifer - Michigan

Hey, very funny exchange between both of you! Very funny – have a good night.

June 11, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Good night all! Have a great weekend! 🙂

June 11, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  13. chanice

lol that matress story reminds me of spongebob squarepants when he gave krabs a new matress! hillarious

June 11, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Shane (TN)

My first concert was Aerosmith, 1998 – Knickerbocker Arena. I was a poor college student, but managed to gather $110 to buy boat loads of t-shirts (3) and I wore them each until they were rags. Haven't been to another concert since – You rock Steven Tyler!

June 11, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  15. kevin hoover

i was wondering how she made it all these years without getting deported?

June 11, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  16. belenda

it just sad killing innocent people.

June 11, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  17. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

Goodnight everyone .Peace to all of you and yours.So it wasn't Bobby Darin...: (

June 11, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  18. Linda

The story made it seem like we should be so sorry for all these kids because they are undocumented. So should we not only take care of Nancy but all the other kids in that room. We don't even take care or try to help out poor kids born here in America, take care of our own first. They should see if their own country will help them out. I know Nancy thinks of America as her home, and she has been here all or most of her life but if she is illegal, I am sorry she has to try to get her money for education elsewhere

June 11, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  19. Isabel, Brazil

I think that can be The Velvet Underground, Monkees or Ike & Tina Turner. My husband already thinks of The Who.

June 11, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  20. Tom

Perry Como or Bo Diddley?
    Yeah, they are real similar.

June 11, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  21. Karen K

Thank you for spotlighting Stephen Johns for his professionalism and kindness. Heroes like Mr. Johns, his security team and all of their families deserve more supportive recognition and more balanced reporting about their life-long contributions. In comparison, criminals receive too much air-time.

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  22. chanice

diddo rikki! 😀 if not ppl woudnt come to america for a better life. & besides it was a mistake thats the reason shes not an official "american"

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  23. Nancy

It is news to me that bright students like Nancy are not provided oppurtunities to expand their education. I hope she gets the money she needs for college!

Nancy, Maryland

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  24. Anthony

I am sorry this story is crazy... American kids want to get into college, lets send an american to Mexico and try to stay ( without proper approval), then have the Mexican tax payers pay for thier kids elementary and high school education , then request loans from the state to go to college ( right good luck)

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  25. Shailendra

AC, thanks for bringing up the immigration story of the undocumented students. If you look around, immigration has been such a Looooooooooong road of Sooooooooo many of us. Thanks for bringing this to light. Appreicate it.

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  26. C. Harris

You have two anti-semitic stories tonight: the horrible tragedy at the Holocaust Museum and the vile comments from Reverend Wright. Why are you guys separating the stories when they have the same anti-semetic thread?

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  27. Tom

Doesnt Letterman have a kid?
    I wonder if he thinks its funny if someone made a sex joke about his kid.
    Didnt Letterman have a stalker?
    Did the stalker want sex?
    Its scary when the media allows this stuff to be said when so many sick people are in the world.
    I hope Letterman and his kid are not fair game !

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Caroline, Los Angeles

Peter, Paul and Mary are cool!

June 11, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Eric, Houston

Anderson, this Texas highway robbery is not the only one, I personally was pulled over in Farmington Hills, MI for speeding which I actually wasn't; and the police officer demanded for me to pay $100, else he will have to retained my drivers' license. Knowing I was on my way to the airport and needed my license, I had no choice but to give up $100 cash.

June 11, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  30. Charles - Athens, GA

The Dream Act would only add to the progression of our Nation; to deny Nancy her dream we deny the foundation of USA.

June 11, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  31. Minou, New York City

Renee: you can't just become "legal". you cannot "get in line" and apply for legal status. I've been through all this, and it is nearly impossible to get your green card!

June 11, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  32. Dulcie - Denver

Ha ha ha! I loved Brooke's caption! Meerkats are cute and so are Anderson and Erica.

June 11, 2009 at 10:54 pm |