June 10th, 2009

AC360° Contributors' first concerts: Can you guess?

AC360°

Erica and Anderson have been reminiscing about their first concerts. Anderson couldn’t remember if his was Grandmaster Flash, the Furious Five or Elvis Costello. Erica admitted she saw Peter, Paul, and Mary with her dad.

That got all of us thinking about our own first concerts. What was yours?

And can you guess David Gergen's? Post your guess here and we'll tell you the answer tonight.

1. Roxanne

My first concert was The Cranberries. I loved it! Talk about letting yourself loose...concerts sure have an overpowering effect on you! It did on me and it was an awesome feeling! Woo-hoo!

June 12, 2009 at 9:10 am |
  2. Laurie R.

LOVE this topic. What memories. My first concert was REO Speedwagon at Michigan State University when I was a freshman in high school in 1981. I remember when they started playing "Keep on Loving You" I gazed down my line of friends until I spotted my on-again off-again boyfriend and vowed to myself at that moment that it would be on-again. Still have fond memories of the concert....the on-again off-again boyfriend,....not so much!!

Guess for Davids......I will go with the Rolling Stones.

June 12, 2009 at 6:20 am |
  3. Rick Bates

At the ripe old age of 15, I saw Herman's Hermits in the big city of Ash;and, Ky. At the ripe old age of 57, I am still looking for Mrs. Browns' lovely daughter

June 12, 2009 at 6:16 am |
  4. Lisa Venske

My first concert was the BAY CITY ROLLERS when I was 11 in Tarrytown, NY. I over-reacted to the excitement so much so that security guards escorted me out of the audience to a quiet room where I spent the rest of the concert alone.

June 12, 2009 at 6:15 am |
  5. Sharon

My first concert was in 1956 or 1957. In those days they were still dances instead of concerts. I was lucky enough to see Little Richard. A few weeks later Fats Domino came to town and I not only saw him but also got to meet him.

June 12, 2009 at 2:37 am |
  6. patrice in mansfield tx

My guess for David's 1st concert is The Rolling Stones. Mine was The Jackson 5! For the next 5 years my goal in life was to marry Michael!

June 12, 2009 at 2:14 am |
  7. Sharon

My first concert was Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.in the late 60's. I remember cryying and screaming right along with all the other little girls!

June 12, 2009 at 2:05 am |
  8. MaryAn Stanley

my first concert was Van Halen 1977, they played at my HighSchool, Rowland High, Winter Formal!! Yeah that's right! We Rocked it!!!

June 12, 2009 at 2:02 am |
  9. Tim

David's first concert – Herman's Hermits? 😉

Mine was Zappa at the Felt forum in NY. Heck of show...

June 12, 2009 at 1:50 am |
  10. J. Kingstrom

The Grateful Dead maybe?

My first concert was Andy Gibb, when he appeared at the Michigan State Fair in 1978.

June 11, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  11. Kathy - Clearwater, Idaho

David G? I guess Glen Campbell or Jerry Reed?

June 11, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  12. jo peters

david gergan mmm bill monroe or beatles

June 11, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  13. Chris, Ohio

My first concert was back in the 70's – KISS at Cobo Hall, Detroit. I couldn't hear for 2 days! The next one? Beach Boys (new boyfriend). Those WERE the "good old days".

June 11, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  14. Kate

My first concert was Hillary Duff. My second was Onerepublic. The second one was a bit more "rocking."

June 11, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  15. Rick

Black Sabbath with an opening act featuring a young guitarist branching out on his own named Peter Frampton. He stole the night.
    1975

June 11, 2009 at 10:27 pm |
  16. Terri

Elvis or Jackson Five?

June 11, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  17. Minou, New York City

oh, so David Gergen's first? maybe this Cash guy?

June 11, 2009 at 9:40 pm |
  18. Minou, New York City

my first concert was some obscure punk band... then I had tickets for Madonna, but she canceled the show, then I had tickets for Nirvana, but a week before the concert Kurt Cobain transported himself into Nirvana..so no luck with concerts here..

June 11, 2009 at 9:36 pm |