June 9th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 06/09/09

Tonight on 360°, new nuclear threats from North Korea. Plus, a rare and remarkable look at its border with China. That's where two American journalists were arrested for allegedly sneaking into North Korea. They've been sentenced to 12 years of hard labor.

Want to know what else we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Casey Jones, Palm Springs, CA

@Michelle..I think that's worse than The Village People!! LOL

Good night bloggers!

June 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. CAROLYN J

GOOD NIGHT Anderson great show as always.
    my first concert brothers johnson, and the commadors.
    strawberry letter 23, brick house

June 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Chris

First concert I attended was rock n roll show at the Cow Palace in SF in 1962... My friend's father managed the Cow Palace, we were in the 7th Grade... I got to go into the dressing rooms and met Marvin Gaye.. He was wearing white boxer shorts with red polka dots, changing for his show... he shook hands and said have a good time!

A few years later I got to go the Beatles last concert, at Candlestick Park.

I'm a songwriter because of those experiences...

June 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. Deborah McInerney

My first concert was ELO- It was a great first concert. I was 16. I even tried to be daring and buy beer but the guy just shook his head and told me to enjoy the concert.

June 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. Kristin from Sarasota, FL

My first concert was to see Tone Loc around age 17. We won tickets from a radio show. Funky Cold Madena.

June 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  6. Leslie

My first concert: 1962, Bobby Vee at the Enlisted Men's Club in Yokosuka, Japan...he got caught in traffic on the way from Tokyo, so the concert started late....I was so caught up in the excitement, I forgot to call my parents and didn't get home until way after curfew....grounded!!!! That was also a first....LOL

June 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  7. Mary, Montclair, NJ

Re: 1st concert

Classic 80s: Thompson Twins and The Eurythics at Radio City Music Hall. When I was about 13, with my cool older cousin, Monica.

8. concern/denver Colorado

Hi Anderson My first concert was James Brown's 50 cent concert ...only .50 to get in ...

9. Suzie in Van

My first concert was the Osmonds at Toronto's CNE on August 28th, circa 1973ish... it became a running birthday date for me every year... Unfortunately I was disappointed because I didn't catch the purple socks!

10. Mary in Arizona

My first concert was Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars in the early 70s in Phoenix. Who would have thought David Bowie would be around for so long!

11. Jayden

My first concert was the Spice Girls... Kind of embarrassing, but I'd probably go again.

12. Minda Bush

First, no relation to the former president.

More important, my furst concert was outside when I was about 6...
    My dad took me to see my absolute favorite band – HERMAN'S HERMITS, who just happened to be playing with the LOVIN' SPOONFUL.

thanks,
    Minda Bush

13. starr formerly known as vincent

It was not my first concert, but i honestly went to Woodstock! Was there for 5 days! It was amazing and on the way home (in a U-haul truck (all 16 of us), we were given free food and ice cream.

It seems that everybody saw the gathering on the news and wanted to be nice to the hippies.

I also remember when the army was sent in with the helicopters, all of the soldiers were hanging out of the copters giving us peace signs!

Love the Colbert bit with the president & the general! (loved the goat too)

Good night everyone, hope to see you on time tomorrow.

14. Maureen T, Canada

Okay so it was called the Police Picnic with the Police headlining, but on the bill were The GoGo's, Iggy Pop, the Specials, Oingo Boingo and that's all I can remember! It was a while ago! :)

15. Bill

My first concert was The Young Rascals! I wanted to go to the Monkees before that, but Mom wouldn't let me go... Rock (sort of) On!!

16. Linda

Oh my most recent concert John Legend- sweet.

17. The Wayne

First concert was Charlie Daniels Band in front of the toy department at Sears in Woodfield mall while waiting for them to get a delivery of Ataris

18. melody camas from colorado

my first concert was I ran away from home and got into the hollywood bowl and saw the Beatles in person 1964

19. Lori from IL

@ Casey Jones - thanks for the Village People reference - One of my favorite pictures is of my friends spelling out YMCA to the song at an event we all attended. Everyone is doing a different letter and the "C" was backwards because my girlfirend is left handed. Needless to say - I think we all had been over-served!

June 9, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  20. Donna Babb, Sequim, Washington (state of)

first concert at 70 years old - Fleetwood Mac in Tacoma May 2009

21. Miss J

Oh – Colbert's hair will grow back.

22. cathy

regarding first concerts.....my first was in in 1967 at the Boston garden my older sister took me to see the Monkees it was great Even better... the warm up band was Jimi Hendrix yes Jimi Hendrix It was better than unbelieveable

23. Wendy

Nite all....take care. <3

24. Isabel, Brazil

Good night, Anderson and Erica

Good night, friends, David in Indiana, bloggers, everyone!

25. MaryJane Cannabian

My Dad took me to my first concert at about age 7 – Anne Murray! First rock concert though – John Couger, before he put the Mellancamp back in his name.

26. Ken- Las Vegas

Ok it wasn't really a concert , it was at nightclub. At the Red Dog Saloon in Scottsdale AZ. in 65 the group was the Called the DOORS. This was before they got well known. Otherwise the concert was the DOORS again in 69.

27. Suzanne

My first concert was THE BEATLES!!
    In Detroit, sometime in the 60's. I even have a photograph I took of them WAY in the distance on the stage.

28. sue

I've got you all beat. My first concert was Elvis.

29. Rikki, Fargo, ND

That was awesome! If anyone can order a haircut the President can...Maybe he can order my little bro to get one! :)

Good night Anderson, Erica and fellow bloggers! Have a good sleep and a wonderful tomorrow! Catch ya later!

30. kelly petritsch

Wooo!! My first concert was when I was 11....and it was the Spice Girls Baby!!!!!!!!! I waited 8 hours in the 90 degree weather with my mom to see them. Unfortunately, Ginger Spice had already departed :(

June 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  31. Gayle McCauley Malden,Mass.

I was happy to see so many people in their 40's ,like me, who wrote about their first concert.See Anderson, ALL of your viewers aren't 'kids'.Goodnight everyone.Peace to all of you and yours.

32. Alan - Yodaman5472

Harry Chapin – Cats and the Cradle became the basis of my life with my daughter

33. Kim Terry Phoenix

I saw my first concert in 1976.Kiss Bi-cenyennial tour

34. colleen

My first concert? Jimmy Dorsey in Sioux Falls, SD ballroom 1945

35. Linda

My first concert was way back in the day the Motown review with Stevie Wonder when he first came out with Fingertips, I think it was his first tour, the Miracle, Martha and the Vandellas, and I forgot who else. Back then they all appeared together. What a show in S.F. at the Cow Palace.

36. Karen

My first concert was the Carpenters. I was in seventh grade. We sat in the second from the last row in the back of the auditorium, up in the rafters. It was great.

37. Nancy

First concert, Neil Diamond. I was 40 something, a mother of 3. He still had IT.

38. BettyAnn,Nacogdoches,TX

Well, I took my kids to see the backstreet boys and had to sit through that mess. but, it was fun!

June 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  39. carrie johnson

my first concert was country singer bryan white when he came to the fair 10 years ago

June 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  40. Mac

First concert: 1965, instead of attending my high school graduation ceremony - Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis - eat your hearts out, kids.

June 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  41. Maggie

My first concert was Diana Ross with Ray Charles as the warm up!

June 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  42. Peter

You may laugh, but my first concert ever was also Peter, Paul, & Mary at Fordham University in the Bronx, when I was 13. Yikes.

June 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  43. Ross

My first concert was Milli Vanilli, but I am not sure I can really count that one...

June 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  44. Jenn

I have everyone beat! My first concert was a double bill from Phillip McKeon (Tommy from Alice) and Scott Baio when they both tried their music career in '79.

June 9, 2009 at 10:57 pm |