June 7th, 2009
  1. karen

Abortion = Murder!!!!!

A baby inside the stomach is the same as a baby outside the stomach.

It's nonsense to make a case to end someones life simply because their inside the womb.

June 9, 2009 at 2:23 am |
  2. Peter

I am shocked how one or two issues can carry even Presidential Elections without taking in consideration all the other problems that affect Society and the propaganda that its used to make the job of politicians easier and promote laziness and irresponsibility too act in our elective officials instead to get any resolution.

June 8, 2009 at 3:36 pm |
  3. johanna

Perhaps if some of the pro choice fanatics could watch a video of a late term or even a regular abortion, they might see how horrible it is.I still believe in choice under certain circumstances,but women need to be counseled by an independant person.

I am ahamed to say that I have had 3 abortions in my life and I still cry about it.Im 53. It doesnt just go away;a woman w/ any conscience will be tormented by the memory of it.

I went to planned parenthood and was not counseled in any way. In fact, I felt pressured by them to "get it over with".I am a christian and know I am forgiven by God but I will never forgive myself for being so easily influenced by people who did not care about me or my babies. They were my babies! From the moment of conception, there is a soul that scientists and drs cant see.

Dr. Tillers death was unneccesary and evil but Dr Tiller was evil if u ask me.How could anyone take a living baby and throw it in the trash? Oh, first he had to kill it! The man who claimed to be a christian is not.Period! He should spend the rest of his life in prison. The death penalty is murder too.

Those drs who perform late-term abortions should be punished by law so they wont continue to do what is obviously wrong.(Unless mother or child is in danger)I guess some people have no conscience at all.God help this crazy world!

June 8, 2009 at 12:55 pm |
  4. Dori

It's really very sad.

June 8, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  5. Dori

He was a murderer, the people who killed him are also murderers. In the end nobody really wins.

June 8, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  6. Concenrn voter

It was interesting what I learned about how few doctors practice the third trimester abortion procedure threw this Anderson Cooper report “A Nation divided by Abortion”. At the beginning I thought “how a pastor let a late turn abortionist served in his church? Now I got back to my fundamental opinion; first I’m not a woman there is a time for us men (especially if we are not personally involved) to backed off of this unique issue from an experience that we will never have, been pregnant, second I am shocked how one or two issues carry even Presidential Elections without taking in consideration all the other problems that affect Society and the propaganda that its used to make the job of politicians easier and promote laziness and irresponsibility too act in our elective officials. Is easier to argue on live TV and yelled at each other to influence voters than do some work, any work. That’s why (in part) we are in this Word economic crisis now painfully realizing the leadership role of this nation yes, even in catastrophic failure. I’m not minimizing the value of life of neither of them, the Doctor and the fetus, realizing my convictions that conception if life, also realizing that the decision of ending a life is very personal and is up to the people involved, in this case all the people involved in the pregnancy and the termination of it, like I said the woman carrying most of the responsibility and the heavy load to make the decision and its consequences and the one who sell the fire arm to the potential shooter, an analogy not to hard understand specially when they collide, in this case a shooting of an abortion Doctor in plane site while he was serving our Lord in Church, look odd isn’t it? That is a news wordy topic that deserved to go deeper, as far as I know no interviews to the pastor from secular or Christian Media that I know, if you find one please twitted it to me.

June 8, 2009 at 10:16 am |
  7. Joe , bc canada

If the extreme right is so concerned about the sanctity of human life perhaps it would gun control would be a good place to start. You have three times the murder rate as Canada. Your justice sytem has the most people incarcerated per capita in world. Yet you pride yourself on being the greatest nation. You are now a police state that practices torture. I am still at lost to know what makes you great.

God please save us from the american christians.

June 8, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  8. Carmen

I've been with a friend as she found out 5 months into her pregnancy that her baby had severe genetic defects and was given less than 1% chance of survival to full term, much less through delivery. I saw my friend sink into depression because she and her husband had wanted this baby so very much.

It was a tough decision but they had chosen abortion at the 6 months mark. There were complications when they went to the clinic and ended up never getting the procedure. Her baby died in her womb as she had known would happen. I saw her struggles in giving birth – physically and mentally. I saw her struggles in answering questions asked by strangers, friends, etc. for the remaining 2 months as she carried the baby she knew would not survive. I saw her struggle psychologically and mentally as she carried a baby while planning the baby's memorial service.

It's been a couple years now but my friend is still very much psychologically affected by this sad situation. She has not tried again to have a child because she is so devastated.

For this, I strongly believe women need to have the choice.

All these people who are calling Dr Tiller a murderer haven't looked at how many women were helped because of him. I think Dr Tiller's murder was more gruesome than any actions he took. For that my decision that abortion is a necessary choice to be available to women is reinforced even more.

June 8, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  9. Helen

Yes, he performed late term abortion, but not because suddenly the mother changed her mind, he did it in extreme cases when either her own life was in danger or the child would live a short and painful life due to abnormalities.
    People who are pro life justify killing a man in order to make a point to save a fetus. People who are pro choice believe that a woman should have the choice to choose either.
    Before abortion was legal woman where putting their lives in danger, going to back street hidden safe houses and having dangerous procedures done in unsterilized conditions. Making abortion illegal will not stop the procedures, it will only set us back to an era when they were preformed under horrible conditions. LEAVE my body alone!

June 8, 2009 at 9:10 am |
  10. B Harris

I am so sick of this issue! Why do people think they have the right to judge how other people live? I have never had an abortion but it's not my place to judge people that have.

Anderson,
    Let's appeal to these "good Christians" to stop their OBSSESSION with the UNBORN and focus on the living. If they were such good Christians they would be Adopting one of the countless babies, young children or teenagers who don't have a loving family of their own. That to me would be the more Christian way of living.
    To give and NOT to judge is what I thing God would want.

B.Harris
    NOLA

June 8, 2009 at 9:02 am |
  11. Esmeralda Jimenez

this is very sad.

June 8, 2009 at 8:58 am |
  12. Isabel, Brazil

Abortion should be done in cases of complications for the mother or for the baby.

Abortion should not be used as an outlet for unwanted pregnancy, nowadays, where people have access to information and there are many methods of contraception.

After + or – 26 weeks of gestation when the fetus is considered viable, the process is called premature birth. The term "abortion", however, may continue to be used in general, when referring to the induction of death of the fetus.

The Respect for the life of each human being, from its beginning until its natural end, must be defended.

Abortion is a direct attack on human life, the life of a human being procreated in pregnancy and defenseless.

It isn't obedience to a doctrine, a rule church, nor the total failure of such guidelines. This is an issue prior to the religion, which part of our own life condition of being and existence like human being, this rational animal that thinks, decides and acts.

June 8, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  13. Terry, TX

Again with Tiller...no division here....he was late term abortionist....taking a live child from the womb at 7, 8, 9 months of term and killing the live child. There is no explanation or excuse for the choice of business he was in.

His murder was heinous and should be pursued to full extent of the law.
    Murder is murder...I disagree the Justice depart needs to intrude...it should follow the normal course of a murder. I personally do not believe in hate crime or special population crimes...it is just murder....
    Mr. Tiller will have to explain His Actions to His Maker.

June 8, 2009 at 8:03 am |