March 2nd, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 3/02/09

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Norman Phillips age 74

This is a first for me but at my age many computer things are a first.
    My comment is about AIG.
    It is my understanding the AIG holds ther retirement funds for the congressmen and I belive Senators and most likely many other government inities.
    It seems to me this is a very large consideration for it's survival.
    If this is true why isn't this made information publized?
    Norm

March 3, 2009 at 9:55 am |
  2. Glen Up North

11PM, and time for bed. Evening Anderson, Erica, David, CNN, and all you bloggers out there. Thanks for the fun! 🙂

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Marium

@ Dave yes it is possible. My father worked incredibly hard to make it out of welfare and he did. And we're not alone. Unfortunately those aren't the people/families that get the spotlight.

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. David, Indiana

Hope they find those three guys from the boat in Florida

Good night everyone.

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. Bob, Orlando FL

Hey, I heard one of the commentators (sorry can remember the name) tonight mention how Rush, as a private citizen could, could pretty much say what he wants. But if Politicians attacked the President that would just be reprehensible...(words to that effect). I heard a string of nasty attacks on Bush on the radio today from Democrats... is that what he's talking about?

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  6. Sharon S

Well David you do your piece and I will check in to see it tomorrow!

Good Night all!

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  7. Deborah, Bettendorf, IA

Hello Mr. Cooper,

Please, Mr. Limbaugh is laughing all the way to the bank. Don't think he didn't charge CPAC for his hour over the contractual time of 20 minutes. Republican women..."anchorette"...pay attention, he is the same thing we've seen for years, an angry white aging man, banking on fear.

As an independant, I'm listening Republicans...waiting for you to stop worrying about 2012 and start joining in on the solution of fixing this country. If you do that, I will look at what you have to offer come election time. Right now my committment is to President Obama, he is offering hope!

P.S. When is David Gergen going to get his own CNN show. He can give honest answers and keep it positive, we need more of that.

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  8. Jill

People..

Rush is just an entertainer, no different then Larry King, or David Letterman. If you do not like Rush then don't listen to him.
    I, myself think the guy is a big fat puppet. I listen to his hate a couple of times and then turned him off for good.

However, I am glad he has the opportunity for free speech even though it's a bunch of hot air. If he is so smart what is his plan to fix the economy?

I am not on food stamps nor do I have a real budget. I do however, stock up on buy one get one free and use computer coupons.
    My food bill before coupons was 30.40 and then after coupons
    it was $9.90. Healthy food too. Green Giant always has coupons
    available. One can really eat healthy cheap. Just takes a few minutes to google "free food coupons".

I tell people I have no budget because there is nothing I need.
    Need and wants are two different meanings in todays economy.

Have a good Tuesday everybody.

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  9. Gladys

I knew people got very little money for food stamps but $175 a month? That is not nearly enough money of you have kids.

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  10. EJ (USA)

There should probably be a class that govt offers to help people get the most from their food stamps

March 2, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  11. Casey Jones - Palm Springs, CA

Thank you , bloggers. Have a great day, Sean (in IRAQ).

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  12. Samuel

also about the maddoff situation-my Dad once told me more money means more trouble. If you have 1 million dollars...and have no idea how to control it. It shows you that maybe being rich is not a good thing. This man has caused people then any other Democratic leader
    more problems. He has no idea how to budget. He also has no idea how to put money into market. He should be locked up in a federal prison with his orange jammys on. in some of the government programs that are available there is an application called Exception to policy. He needs to treated as a criminal that he is. Thousands of people have lost money because of him. He needs to feel the rain and realize the reality of what he did. He should die for what he did.

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  13. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

Good night Sean IRAQ!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  14. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Good night Anderson. Great show tonight!

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  15. Mike Syracuse, NY

@David Y, emergency beacons that activate when a boats sinks or capsizes exist. This boat seems not to have one.

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  16. Brandi- bottom of the boot

goodnite everyone!!!! great show tonite.

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  17. Dwight

Hey Anderson,

Great show tonight! Keep it coming! God Bless our President!!

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  18. Maren in Oregon

Another good show. Good mix. High energy. Yea! looking forward to tomorrow.

March 2, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  19. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Nice Shot. Haha. Poor dog. Seems like something my idiotic dog would do! Actually, she did do something like that when she was a puppy. Ran into a wall and was semi-conscious for about 20 mins. Thankfully, she survived. 😉

Have a great night everyone! Hopefully be seeing you guys tomorrow.

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  20. Bridget, TX

Hi David G., I look forward to reading your blog, because there are so many crisis facing the president and with so many varying voices saying what he should or shouldn't do, I'm just confused.

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  21. BKspirit17

@mandy – yes, Obama needs to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  22. Maureen T, Canada

Good night Andy and thanks for keeping me informed and smiling, always smiling! Rest easy!

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  23. Gladys

awwwwwwwww poor doggie!!!

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  24. David, NY

Poor dog!!! ran in to the wall...

Good night Anderson, Erica Hill.

Get home safe, stay warm, and dry.

See you tomorrow night!!! Get a good night sleep!!!

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  25. Esma

I've woken up like that...usually hours before I need to be anywhere.
    Goodnight everyone!!!

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  26. vanessa from silver spring, MD

goodnight all! See u 2morrow.

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  27. EJ (USA)

Anderson you're cute – have a good night

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  28. Jasmine-Spokane,WA

Nice Anderson, a butterfly. I picture it to be a yellow one....LOL! 🙂 Have a good night, bloggers, Anderson and Erica!

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  29. Barbara Pacheco, Gaffney South Carolina

About the dog sad but very funny. Maybe you should send that clip to Rush and let him have a laugh.

March 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  30. Nattada, Houston TX

Prey for the missing to be found safely and soon.

Oww..good to hear he is fine.

My cat dreams and sleep walking, too. She is so cute when doing that. I always want to see what she dreams of. Probably chasing a rat. 🙂

Good night everyone.