February 19th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 2/19/09

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Clarence

Good night.... hope the lighter side of life is still alive.

February 19, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I just read about your surgery BettyAnn,....hope all goes well and you are back with us soon!

February 19, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  3. Jim Silks

On the home bailout. People should realize that when you help your neighbor you are also helping yourself. If you don't help them out you could find yourself in the same boat.
    Jim in Lamont ,Ok.

February 19, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  4. David, NY

good night everyone. Especially you Anderson!!!!

February 19, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  5. David, Indiana

The employees at Agriculuture, Interior, and Housing departments need the recognition. The first lady pointed out that many of the Agri. dept employee's behind her had something like 38 yrs exp. Gave me a sense of perspective.

The President's visit to Canada was very interesting. I watched that press conf. Complicate policy, but the friendship was obvious to see. The beaver tails look good.

Good night everyone

February 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Nattada, Houston TX

Good night Anderson. Good to see you.
    Good night Erica.
    Good night floor crews.
    And good night bloggers.

Have a good one!

February 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  7. bob

I think the mortgage problem stems from banks refusing payments when someone falls behind. if banks would have accepted these payments when people were trying to pay most people wouldnt be in the situation they are in. Instead banks tacked on huge fees and started foreclosure process which added thousands of dollars in legal fees to the banks lawyers how can someone dig they're self out of a hole when they keep getting huge shovel fulls of dirt thrown on them

February 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Glen Up North

Janice, glad to hear your experiences with GM vehicles were much better than ours. Don't take my word for Toyotas alone: depreciation in "the books" is much slower on a Toyota than a GM model. That speaks volumes.

February 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

Nice Shot of the Day. I love Hillary!

Good luck with your surgery, BettyAnn! Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back on here soon.

In case I'm not on tomorrow (going to be out of state), have a great weekend everyone!

February 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Sandra Stockton

As for the 9 year old that has been convicted for killing his fathIer and his fathers friend. I see a boy that came home from school to a situation. The shock of it could have made him think he did something that he did not. Officials should get busy and find who really killed those men and give this child his life back.

February 19, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  11. Emma

Obama made the right choice by selecting Hillary as SOS. She's doing a great job!

February 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Coco

I adore Hillary's laugh, because you know it's real. You know when she's really enjoying herself - and as an ardent Hillary supporter, it's wonderful to see that she IS really enjoying herself (stressful job issues aside).

February 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Don, WA

Well let's keep trying to get Hillary to sing.

February 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

It's nice to see HIllary Clinton laughing and smiling again and wearing her infamous pants suits.....

Have a great evening bloggers! Nite All!

February 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  15. Tom of Philly

New direction for me.... Lets hang the 9 year old murderer in the town square, lets evict the dead beats if they miss one payment, cut off unemployment and food stamps to keep taxes low, and keep our loaded guns at our sides to shoot people when they come near our property to break in for food, YEAH

February 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  16. Clarence

If Hilary sang would the sax be far behind.... or does the former prez not do seconds?

February 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  17. Maureen, Georgia

Goodnight everyone.

February 19, 2009 at 10:58 pm |
  18. LC in Wisconsin

There are still missing pieces to the puzzle. Why was the little boy's father suffering? I thought at one point in the interview I heard the boy say his father and friend was bloody when he came home from school. Since they were hunters–could it be that he applied the reasoning of an animal should not be left to suffer? Did the police ignore the rest of the boys comment once they heard him say he shot them? I am concerned about the child's rights.

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Lauren--NY

BettyAnn, good luck with the surgery and you have all my best wishes for a painless procedure and a speedy recovery.

Great show tonight, guys. Have a great evening and everybody sleep well. Night, Andy & Erica!

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

The Asia! Different Western culture!

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  21. Sharon S

Good Night all! Good Show guys Anderson, Erica and all!

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  22. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I thoroughly enjoyed the shot! I love the Beatles!...Is that your excuse, Anderson? You fear everyone would turn off the TV if you sang or danced for us? 🙂

Well its hard to believe that we've reached the end of another live blog! Good night Anderson, Erica, Jack and all my fellow bloggers! Have a excellent floor crew Friday and a wonderful weekend! I'll see you all on Monday!

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  23. Steve - southern Illinois

She sounded a little pitchy just refusing to sing, DAWG!

Good night all!

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  24. Zane

I think an 8 year old knows the difference between right and wrong, and life and death. I think the punishment was weak, and this kid obviously shows no signs of remorse. If this is his idea of appropriate behavior, he is not being raised correctly, and needs to be placed in an environment that teaches correct moral values. If this is the consequence bestowed upon him, and if he remains with this neglecting family, I fear he will be a heartless individual for the rest of his life. I only hope he doesn't go on a killing spree at age 28.

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  25. Jennifer - Michigan

Goodnight All – Good show tonight.

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  26. Esma

Goodnight, everyone! I for one will not be counting sheep...it's just more numbers!

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  27. Brandi - bottom of the boot

goodnite all. great show.

haha, hillary is a hippy! no singing for her, no dancing for anderson! lol

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  28. Maureen T, Canada

Well thank you Anderson for a great show! Have a great night, get some rest and take something for that cough!

February 19, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  29. Sharon S

Maybe Hillary can go on tour with the Jonas Brothers? Hanna Montana:?

February 19, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  30. Nattada, Houston TX

The number of people got arrested grew lower and lower; a boy yesterday was being charged with nude pictures in his cell phone, and today an 8 years old boy is being charge with murder. Hurr..

February 19, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  31. Emma

About the 9 year old boy, I'm actually wondering if he took the deal because his family didn't want to take any chances at trial. I'm hoping this is the case and he did not kill those two men.

February 19, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  32. vanessa from silver spring, MD

I saw that picture of that boy taking a pic of Sasha and Malia. Funny! Even the kids are crazy about the First Family.

February 19, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  33. LisaL - Canada

go Hillary go. she should have sung a little something..!

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  34. EJ (USA)

I don't want 360 to end yet. I'm not ready.

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  35. Steve - southern Illinois

I agree with everyone who is calling for compassion for those less fortunate. At the same time I'm hopeful that something will be done to bring some more direct financial benefits to people who are going to bear the brunt of the bill for all this.

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  36. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

Good night, Anderson, Erica, and AC360 team,!
    Good job.

Good night,
    bloggers.

Good rest for us all!

See you tomorrow, Friday of Carnival (in Brazil)!

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  37. Patrick

This 8 year old boy is extremely disturbed and should have this murder record with him for the REST of his life!

Normal 8 year olds DO NOT shoot their fathers! Can't our society accept and realize that some people are simply dangerous and need to be put away in prison??

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  38. carolyn cee yah

great show, good night!

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  39. Don, WA

Michelle Obama seems like a smart nice lady, and has a way with kids.....and is still very..vogue.

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  40. BettyAnn, Nacogdoches,TX

Good Thursday night everyone! this is my finale blog for a few days. Surgery tomorrow. Thanks everyone! You are my favorite cyber family!
    virtual ((((hugs)))), love, and peace~XOXO

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  41. Vanessa, TX

good night everyone..anderson, erica, jack gray, ac360 crew and fellow bloggers...
    Hope to talk to you tomorrow 🙂

February 19, 2009 at 10:55 pm |