February 6th, 2009

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 2/6/09

Want to know what we're covering tonight? Read EVENING BUZZ

Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book")
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (there's no need to yell)
3) Use your real name (first name only is fine)
4) No links
5) Watch your language (keep it G-rated; PG at worst - and that includes $#&*)

It's floor crew Friday. It's when we let them take over during the commericals. Don't miss them on the webcast. Watch our WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio. Watch the WEBCAM

Filed under: Live Blog • T1
  1. Donna - TX

Erica,

Well I've had enough of the Mom. She obviously needs counseling and so do the MDS who impregnated her. That's who I want to hear more about. From the moment I heard that she was single and had 6 other kids, I wondered what kind of MD would have done something so unethical, stuipd and dangerous. The MD who did the in vitro should have his license revoked. He should have said "NO", find someone else.

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  2. Barry

Just wondering if the $15,000 tax credit for purchasing a home supposedly in the bill is really a tax credit or just a loan. The current $7,500 "tax credit" eligible only to first-time homebuyers has to be paid back! That is not a credit, that's a loan.

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  3. Ashley - Hamlin, NY

Having 8 babies when you already have 6 would still be news...even if you were married.

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  4. Maureen T

I believe this woman is being selfish and had the children for the wrong reason. I mean one can love children but this woman is looking for attention. And of course she's getting the attention for all the wrong reasons!

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  5. EJ (USA)

I heard that Nadya is in talks with TLC for a show.

I'd like to see the babies next week – and what they look like in a few months.

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  6. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

Erica,
    This mother is synonymous of exaggeration, then would not be bad to have more.

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  7. Dave - Pekin

I've had way more than enough of that baby making machine. I love kids and appreciate every parent that is a big part of there kids lifes, but there comes a time when someone with a brain needs to say enough is enough! Like a doctor maybe!!!!!!!

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  8. Brett Perry

I am sick of that woman. She's obviously in need of some serious help and shouldn't be raising any children. And the doctor who implanted the multiple embrios thus putting her and the babies life in danger should have his license revoked.
    Brett

February 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm |
  9. Megan Dresslar - Shoreline, WA

I wonder Does she can care of 14 kids at once one day?

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  10. Jon - Melbourne, FL

Erica...Totally had enough!! I think that it's terribly that she is seeking some sort of fame or publicity for these kids...and yet she is getting it every time she is on the news.

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  11. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Erica, I have had more than enough of the "baby maker!" That fertility "specialist" should be held responsible. If he or she thought this was such a great idea maybe he or she should help raise those kids.

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  12. Melinda

I am a mom of five, three of which are triplets. We had no fertility and were very shocked. I was asked about fetus reduction, but I could not. However, I am a true believer of choice. I think she may have made some comments taken out of context. However, I know the time and energy that is required of mulitples. I hope some people do step up to help her out.

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  13. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

Missing rules for artificial insemination.
    More stringent measures for physicians should be imposed.

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  14. dan in cleveland tn

i have had enough of this woman she is crazy who needs 14 children i would jump in front of a truck lol

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  15. mary

This young woman is sick. Get her out of the spotlight.

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  16. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

Too bad for the government workers in California who have to take an extra day off to help balance the budget. They should be using their time volunteering and giving back to their communities instead of walking around in a picket line.

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  17. DELSA LEISE

so who paid for the huge hospital bill of the octoplets

February 6, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  18. L Carilo, H.R. CO

Erica ~ I've had more than enough of 8 baby lady

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  19. EM-Fort Wayne, IN

The mother of 14 is doing interviews for money...

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  20. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

Son is the best thing in life, you identify its features in it, you realizes that he is a yours evolution, but the parents must be able to create them with everything a child needs (emotional and material).
    As a woman, without a clear source of income, can do this?
    How she can give a child (ups… 14 children) need?

Missing rules for artificial insemination. More stringent measures for physicians should be imposed.

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  21. Fay - California

Erica, I think I'm done with Octo-mom–she seems too happy to be in the spotlight–shouldn't she be recovering somewhat from her pregnancy?

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  22. Mike, Syracuse NY

Erica, I had more than enough of the mom of 14 by the time nmuber 8 was popping out!

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  23. biba, PA

please don't even show the interview of the mom with 14 kids...you are making her a star this is what she wanted.

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  24. Bethany-MI

I do hope that all the children grow up healthy though. Seems like all those fertility drugs could be bad for them.

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  25. Renee

@ Erica: The lady just had all these babies and she is doing interviews with Ann Curry. Enough already.

February 6, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  26. Brenda

So what if the President had a cigarrett. If you had to deal with all those haters, you would probably have a couple yourself.

27. Sarah

I think this mother of 14 is desperate for attention. The country seems to be turned off by what she's done. So of course we should ignore the coverage of her. Let her go back home to her 14 children and raise them on her own with no attention and no help.

28. Stacy

@Erica: I am sick of the mom of 14! Please stop giving this woman airtime! To think that we're talking about her and not, say, our troops in Iraq is absolutely shameful.

29. Dulcie - Denver

Erica,

I'd kind of prefer if we didn't give this woman so much attention. Attention is what she craves and the media should deny her that. She did something kind of obscene in my mind (using children to feed her own psyche) and the less we reward that, the better.

30. JIM

Had enough.

31. MariaJR

I made over 180K last year have a fabulous and secure career, am able to send my child to college, and have become more conservative in my political views. And yet, I am still willing to let the PRESIDENT try his stimulus package. I am not surprised by Congress but as usual am very disappointed in their acts of partisanship and opportunism. I'm still behind the President.

32. Vanessa, TX

I think.. Erica....I would like to know how this woman plans to take care of the babies...other than that I could care less...this too will pass I just hope her 15 min are soon up

33. vanessa from silver spring, MD

Erica, I have had enough. I heard on another news station tonight the talk of social services. Leave her alone. She has 6 and obviously she has been taking care of them, so just let her be.

34. Esma

Why is gender even a debate? This is 2009 A.D., right?

35. CharlesJ

Personally Erica. I have had my fill of mom of 14. Its sad and sick at the same time. I raised one and had my hads full.

36. Carla

I think John & Kate Plus 8 started this multiple craze and the show lets everybody think that those with multiples will be taken care of with sponsors and such. They work hard to do what they do!

37. Senora, NC

Senator McCain just need to go somewhere and sit down...it is embarrassing.

38. Isabel Abreu, Brazil

Erica,
    This mother is synonymous with exaggeration, then would not be bad to have more.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  39. Lee Bradley

A conference at a 5 star hotel in Las Vegas is going to cost much less than having one at a 3 star establishment in New York. It is possible to stay at a 5 star establishment, like the Venetian, for as little as $120 a weeknight from Sunday night through Thursday night – typical conference days.

The money that comes to Vegas does not stay in Vegas. The Las Vegas economy is a part of the U.S. domestic economy. What makes having a conference in Las Vegas worse than having one in New York, Miami, or Los Angeles? Especially when the true costs will probably be less.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  40. Brandi - bottom of the boot

@erica,

im tired of hearing about her, but ill keep listening until i know the safety and well-being of the children are ensured. that is the most important issue to me at this point.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  41. LisaL - Canada

feet to the fire. nice!
    i think the stimulus bill needs to be passed, but i do agree that there are far too many projects for the house to be effective.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  42. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

In four years, it will be interesting to see the answers to that age old question "Are you better of now than when Barack Obama became President?"

I think more women work (vs. staying home for their kids) because of the greedy "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality we have fostered in the U.S. The best thing about all this economic fallout is that people are learning to be happy and thankful for each other, spending more quality time together (at home) and spending less $ going "out" in order to entertain themselves.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  43. JIM

"There is plenty of money to extend benefits to the unemployed"

Really, where? Nothing but a deadline extension.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  44. Ken in NC

HAPPY FRIDAY Anderson, Erica and all Bloggers. That mom with all the kids is a few bricks shy of a full load Anderson. Raising one daughter almost drove me crazy. 14? AIN'T NO WAY.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  45. Andrea H Macedon NY

He hasnt smoked on the white house premiss doesnt mean he hasnt had a smoke..........and can we please skip he baby machine...ugh

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  46. Pete CA

Had enough

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  47. Bethany-MI

I'm not really interested in the woman herself, but interested in the doctor.

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  48. Jack

The bill is 93% spending and only 7% stimulation. It stimulates the Gov't and not much else. It amazes me that when they say things like the waste is only 18 billion dollars and takes up one page of this bill do they realize how stupid that sounds to us in the real world. You give 18 billion dollars to housing the homeless in this country and the problem might be solved. All I see up on the Hill are elected officials who were too lazy to dig into the details of this huge bill but when the nation started to ask questions they decided to try to read the bill they were pushing. Shame on all of them!

February 6, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  49. Paul B

Anderson the mom of the 14 kids has a plan it's called get yourself a TV show and write a book!!!

February 6, 2009 at 10:46 pm |
  50. Chris Sosa - Boston, MA

We have more than had enough of the woman. Thanks for asking! 😉

February 6, 2009 at 10:46 pm |