February 4th, 2009

President Obama on Tom Daschle's withdrawal

The first part of Anderson's interview with President Obama. The President gave his thoughts on Tom Daschle's withdrawal and more.

1. Mrs. Chen

Geightner is a crook - he tried to get away with not paying, of all types of taxes - INCOME TAXES!!! Who in America doesn't know that you have to pay taxes on your income??!! This is not nanny tax, not inheritance tax, not lottery tax...INCOME TAX!

At a time when Americans are bailing out the wall street crooks who pretended that they didn't know that real estate can lose value (!!), Obama puts a crook in Treasury who pretends that he didn't know he had to pay income taxes!

I AM SOOO ANGRY THAT I VOTED FOR OBAMA!!!!

February 5, 2009 at 11:07 am |
  2. hank

I think that Anderson did a good job with the interview yesterday until he asked the President about his smoking. That is none of his business and I thought was over the top. I've read plenty of times where Anderson doesn't want reporters to prob into his personal life, so why would he use a double standard when interviewing the President of the United States. Also, would he have asked President Bush about his having had a drink? I think not! Also Anderson, and forgive me on this one if I'm wrong, did you call him Mr. Obama or President Obama? The guy is President Obama. It seems like for whatever reason, some in the media are having a hard time addressing this guy as President Obama. Like him or not, that is his title. Again, I liked the interview except when you asked him about his smoking. If he does smoke in his own house [which the White House is for at least the next four years] that is nobody's business. I thought it was an ambush question.

February 5, 2009 at 12:28 am |
  3. James P Cahill Word from afar Nova Scotia ,Canada

And a good day to all, enjoy watching your program ,so different from Canadian politics, realize you have a lot to read so as to make selections for postings so I shall make this very brief, someone must explain to the President that nice guys finish last ,take the gloves off and a lot of the hawks ie: Mc Cain will show their real worth and fold ,next step would be for Congress,Senate and all persons involved in this house cleaning or make over to read Mr.Ross Perot's
    book Not for Sale at any Price ,seperate the wheat from the chaff and you have got a working plan ,no need for a ten million dollar study ,it is done , JPC

February 4, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  4. Sharon

Turbo Tim was not a screw up becaues he was able to get confirmed.

February 4, 2009 at 10:29 am |
  5. STEWART

So Turbo Tim is not a screw up?

February 4, 2009 at 10:25 am |
  6. Cindy

Daschle wasn't the only one with tax problems. There were Geithner and Killefer too. Not to mention Richardson and his mess. So Obama should be sorry that he tried to pass off these people as good people that are for change. He did screw up royally by trying to slide them in thinking no one would notice their mistakes. He ought to have apologized and more. If there is no difference in the rich and poor then he needs to do away completely with all of them that have not paid taxes or are caught up in scandals like Richardson was.

Cindy..Ga.