February 3rd, 2009

Obama: 'I made a mistake'

Program Note: Tune in tonight for Anderson's full interview with President Obama on AC360° at 10pm ET. President Obama says he takes the blame for the circumstances that led to Tom Daschle withdrawing.

1. Joseph Ross

Now we have a president that admits when he makes a mistake, I would like it if we get some CEOs to admit that they are greedy.

I do not think it would be a wise idea to background check the rest of the leaders on the Hill, I would hate to see who we would have left.

President Obama take control you seem to be only one with enough balls to drive this bus..

February 4, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  2. Gayle

Finally, a President who admits when he has erred. How long have we Americans been waiting for someone like President Obama.

February 4, 2009 at 11:09 am |
  3. ronvan

TOTALLY REFRESHING!! That the President admits "he screwed up".
    When is the last time we have heard anything like this from a leader of our country? And now everyone, especially the Republicans and the ones that can increase their ratings are going to jump all over it!
    BALONEY!! It is sad, and disgusting, though, that so many of our elected officials are so wishy-washy. I wonder who would be left standing if ALL our officials underwent a microscopic investigation of their past? I expect President Obama to have some stumbles and falls along time. Look at what he has taken over! The simple fact that he is keeping us informed about these situations is a BIG CHANGE!!

February 4, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  4. Diana

The President Obama is worthy. I want to cry as I listen to his coherence and integrity of speech and his apology. The President is sensitive to and considerate of the needs and feelings of the people. The President has right words in due season.

I am grateful for the President. Anderson is excellent in his work.

February 4, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  5. JohnnyBee

With all these congressmen and others admitting, only after being caught, to not paying income tax and/or employment taxes wouldn't it be smart to audit the pay and taxes of ALL congressmen, cabinet members and top government managers????

February 4, 2009 at 7:57 am |
  6. Richard

Hello AC,

First I must say you did a great job, with your interview. But on the other hand you did not, show any sign of respect for the president.

During the entire time of your interview, with President Obama, You Mr. Cooper have your shoe pointing towards him with your leg crossed. You should keep in mind that he his the president of the United State, and such should command respect when anyone conducts such interview.

I have seen, most of your colleages at CNN conduct their interview and honestly have never seen any show such disrespect in front of the United State President.

Please kindly take this advise, seriously because they say charity begins at home. Never wash your dirty linen outside. A word they say is enough for the wise.

February 4, 2009 at 7:48 am |
  7. Andrea Shankman

Terrific interview! Change has come! What a relief after so many years of defensive presidential behavior to hear President Obama say, "I screwed up."

February 4, 2009 at 7:34 am |
  8. Carla

FOR GOODNESS SAKE IT'S DAY 15. Think about it...this is the first time in history that a vetting process has uncovered the cheats. It's human nature and it doesn't matter what party one belongs to. All it means is that, the ones who aren't selected for a position, can hide and laugh they didn't get caught CHEATING on their taxes. Why is it that the very folks who can afford maids, drivers, diamonds and pearls don't want to pay taxes....OH my bad, that's how they get their riches.

February 4, 2009 at 6:28 am |
  9. Courtney E. > Cayman Islands

Watching from outside the ‘Ball Park’, I reasonably begin to feel that maybe there are more eyes on this President than any other President & for more than one reason. 1 – Being held to the genuine promises he has made (effectively to the world). 2 – Having, likely more critical issues to deal with than any other President previous. 3 – Being of African/bi-racial ethnicity. With what seems to be an increasing flurry of criticism and cynicism particularly from the media, may I suggest to all news media to try not to use or advocate cynicism in due course with ‘Keeping Them Honest’ or other. I see this as ‘chipping away’ at the morale and attitude of the President and those responsible and wants to bring about “Change”.

To President Obama: With all due respect, I ask on behalf of the world – Be careful in your decisions and actions, the world believes in you phenominally and is counting on you immensely.

My Kindest Regards.

February 4, 2009 at 5:46 am |
  10. Rev. Clinton A. Livengood

Please don't let the fact that Mr. Obama fessed up to a misstake make him out to be a good leader. A good leader does not make them in the first place. Perhaps the thin resume showing already?
    I pray for my President no matter what. I am pro-life, however, I am also pro- America!!! Can I get an amen?

February 4, 2009 at 5:23 am |
  11. Robert, Jakarta

Oops. My bad. You know, Anderson Cooper really grilled George Dubya, remember? Oh, that's right, he didn't. Never mind.

February 4, 2009 at 5:21 am |