February 3rd, 2009

Michelle Obama's role

AC360°'s Erica Hill examines the role the first lady may have during the Obama presidency.

Filed under: Erica Hill • Michelle Obama
  1. ronvan

Again we are conducting an investigation into what our Presidents wife is wearing, talking about, or going! WHO REALLY CARES! She is just getting used to her position and it seems that we are critizing her already! I did notice her "uh -umms" in her speech, which she needs to work on, however, I loved her answer about her wanting to be a mother first! Give her a break, I do believe once she gets settled down and adjusted that she will find something to support!

February 4, 2009 at 10:02 am |
  2. Denise Alden

Erica:

Are you from Waterbury?

February 3, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  3. Tina

All I want to know right now is, Is the First Lady pregnant. I think she is and I just want to know to ease my couriosity. Thanks.

February 3, 2009 at 8:21 pm |
  4. Mary V., Salt Lake City, UT

@ JC- Los Angeles........ CHECK your "facts" before you post! Mrs. Obama is not holding any board positions, nor is she being paid.

Stop listening to Faux News & Am-hate-monger-radio, for a change.

February 3, 2009 at 7:15 pm |
  5. Margo

BOTH Barack and Michelle Obama are making speeches and it would be a wonderful example to all, especially the second graders they visited today, if they learned that the words "ta" and "gonna" are slang. Properly used they would say "they are GOING TO" do or say whatever. Also, I counted at least 50 "ummm"s in Michelle's speech yesterday. Maybe some of the money in the bail out could be allocated for elocution lessons for both of them! Please pass this on! Thank you.

February 3, 2009 at 7:03 pm |
  6. Valerie Ryan

When Michele Obama speaks she uses the word an after every third or fourth word it is hard to listen to i wonder if she is just nervous ????

February 3, 2009 at 6:45 pm |
  7. Corey

The expectations that both Americans and the Media put on the first lady are derivative of both the Monarchy system and old views of the woman as an extension of her husband. We want to know where the queen is and in what way she is supporting her husband and what she was wearing. We would boo if a first lady decided to spend her time studying ancient archeology. We Americans should be spending our brainpower in other ways than analyzing proper role of the President's wife. By the way, Barack's suit at the inauguration was smashing. Who was that designer?

February 3, 2009 at 6:34 pm |
  8. JC-Los Angeles

Erica, do you mean the role aside from sitting on six high paying advisory boards?

Experienced, talented, hard working and ethical people are getting jettisoned from work every day while board members are lining their pockets and companies are being run into the ground.

Although I am willing to give Michelle the benefit of the doubt, my guess is the companies she advises are laying off while she's getting paid.

February 3, 2009 at 6:24 pm |