December 22nd, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 12/22/08

Here's how you can be a part of tonight's program. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on the headlines.

But please follow our rules.  Here are some of them:

1) Keep it short (we don't have time to read a "book)
2) Don't write in ALL CAPS (we don't like screaming)
3) Use your real name

Don't miss Erica Hill's webcast during the commercials.  LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at our live web camera from the 360° studio.  LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Ken in NC

Great show tonight Anderson. Good night all. See you tomorrow night.

December 22, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Glen Up North

1 more comment via Paypal: what's to say online retailers don't store your card in a database as well? I agree, there's always a "leap of faith" you have to take with these companies, but after about 5 to 7 years of use (memory's hazy), I have to say I only have good things to say.

December 22, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  3. David, Indiana

Hang in there Anne, I've been unemployed for like forever, 3mos can drive you nuts, but it's not a long gap in employment and that's good. I'll say a prayer for you.

Good night everyone.

December 22, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  4. EJ (USA)

Goodnight Anderson & Erica. Very funny show tonight.

December 22, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Michelle Brown, I don't think this is a matter of choosing animals over people to punish Vick. Madoff is going to get his sooner or later, but Vick deserved to be punished.

You should try and learn some compassion.

December 22, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Good night Anderson, Erica, David Gergen and best bloggers!!!!!!!
    Have a great night and sleep tight!!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!!
    Day of the shot with Ed and Anderson!!!! Awww!!! That is so sweet see Anderson to swim and Ed is on the beach magum P.I. That is great shot!!!!!!!! Anderson, good job.... you were great swimming!!!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Ashley - Hamlin NY

Good night and happy Monday all.

Stay warm.

And Cooper, do some shopping already! (And buy yourself some new "bloomers"!)

Thanks to the entire AC360 staff!

December 22, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  8. EJ (USA)

I read that article at my hairdresser’s years ago, long before I ever watched your show!

I never notice his nail biting. Maybe because I have this nervous thing I do with my leg so it all seems natural to me. I'll have to check out the nail biting them in the 11pm show.

December 22, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Kris - Jacksonville FL

nail biters unite!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  10. Rikki, Fargo, ND

Its just mean to show those of us here in the cold that clip again...but Anderson's bloomers make me laugh...I don't think it matters what rules you set, I hate to say but Michael Phelps is gonna beat you every time! Great show tonight guys!

Good night Anderson, Erica and bloggers!

December 22, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  11. Brandi - bottom of the boot

ha anderson, i read that article, and i completely agree, there is a certain amount of satisfaction in a job well done, but how good of a job can you do between takes? lol

goodnite all. thank you very much for cheering up my monday.

December 22, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Ingrid from Northern VA

Don't feel bad Anderson, I sometimes rub my eyebrows when I watch tv:) We all have our habits...
    Night everyone, sleep tight...

December 22, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

I think Ed Henry and David Gergen need to team up and do some big time "getting back" at Anderson Cooper. However, we never tire of seeing Anderson's bloomers. Perhaps he's wearing them now since we never see him get out from that desk anymore!!!!

Great discussion and show tonight. Happy Holidays! Nite all!

December 22, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Monday's Shot..At least Ed Henry didn't take a dip in the sea..Sometimes we are blessed to be spared some sights..Night all..

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Matt - Austin, TX

Thank you team of GREAT producers and Erica!

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Candace from Canada

Wow Good Night Everyone!
    Great comments as usual!

Anderson & Erica you both Rock! 🙂

happy holidays!

🙂 cam_canada

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Maureen T

Anderson,
    great shot! Touche! Thanks Erica! Seeing Anderson swim is alright this time of the night! 🙂 Goodnight and thanks again!

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Lori from IL

Anderson, Erica & The 360 team -

Good show tonight. Enjoying all the laughs.

Quit picking on poor Ed Henry - I have a feeling Anderson in his "bloomers" with reappear every chance the team gets!

Good night everyone.

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  19. Maureen, Georgia

Tahe banks certainly are not helping us, is'nt that the reason they got the bailout? Does anyone know of anyone who has gotten a loan from any banks lately? Ed Henry looks so happy to be where he is and he looks comfortable with what he is wearing.

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Ashley - Hamlin NY

Have no fear AC! As a fellow nail biter, I feel your pain.

Thanks for embarrassing/humbling Cooper Hill!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  21. Joyce Hanly

suddenly Obama deserves a $3 mil $ house? couldn't he have toned it down just a bit and stayed at the 4 Seasons residences?
    He does look darn good without a shirt though. An encouragement to all American to cut down on the meat and fats. Go Vegan!

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  22. Marie Lussoro and Mom

Peta's representative view on the dogs is surprising. All animals deserve a second chance. The proof is what the rehab workers have done with these dogs,working with children,ect.It shows you how far patience and love will go.

December 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  23. Sheila

Dear Erica,

You did an amazing story on Michael Vick's dogs! The pictures of those dogs playing with their new families are amazing.

I understand that Best Friends Animal Society in Utah has contributed to the rehab of the dogs rescued from Vick's property.

Let's remember there are always a thousand dogs up for adoption within a hundred miles of us.

"Your dog" doesn't need to be famous. Just loved. That love will be repaid in spades.

Whatcha waiting for? Go fetch your dog!

December 22, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Dulcie - Denver

Anderson,

I read that article at my hairdresser's years ago, long before I ever watched your show!

December 22, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

Does Ed need an assistant?

December 22, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  26. pamela klein

I don't understand why all the newspapers and magazines only focus about Rev. Warren being anti gay because of his opposition to gay "marriage".. Much more important for me is that is has stated that all gay people are at a level with pedophiles, incest criminals and all those "other" unsavory types. Why reach across the aisle to someone who believes that more than 10% of Americans including myself are people to be despised! I am so disappointed in Obama

December 22, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  27. Christine

That woman from PETA should be put down. Why destroy an animal that didn't choose their life.

December 22, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  28. Judith

RE: PayPal...All credit cards i.e. [debit/credit] are databased into PayPal. Your card is registered forever. I don't trust PayPal for reasons I won't go into here. But I would limit my use with their easy pay system. You don't have privy to what is going on behind the scenes and that is the scary partt.

December 22, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  29. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Anderson, Thanks for the update on the Vick dogs. I appreciate the work that PETA does, but I have problems with some of their ideas.

December 22, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  30. Jacqui Chan

ERICA I this is a perfect segmet for you! I am completely w you All 4 of my cats are rescues; 2 my friends found in the park and I also have a stray Mom and one of her (now adult) kittens I used to volunteer w a group in petsMart and loved it! I take care of the strays in my hood and have rescued 30 and hope to be able to afford to have many more...
    THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING UP FOR THE SHELTER ANIMALS ERICA!

December 22, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  31. anderson cooper

ah yes, the nail biting.. an old bad habit.. i once wrote about it for details magazine years ago....i dont do it as much as i once did.. but old habits die hard.

December 22, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  32. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Erica: Thanks for the follow-up on Vick's dogs. Glad to see they are going to good homes. With the economy the way it is, more and more dogs are in need of homes these days. That's why I've cut down my X-mas spending and have given instead to the local shelters.

December 22, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  33. Dale North

Thanks, we enjoy your show. (Thailand)

December 22, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  34. tim

wow, kill the dogs that need a little help....why not just kill everyone in rehab and prison then? get real peta

December 22, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  35. Rikki, Fargo, ND

I've never really understood PETA! They think that it would be better off for these dogs to be put down then to rehab them so that they can be loved and love others? I really enjoyed that story Erica! Thanks!

December 22, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  36. Bill T in Missouri

Good show Anderson and all....G'night fellow bloggers!!

December 22, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  37. Candace from Canada

PETA seems a bit out of whack on this.
    I think any dog saved is great!
    I can't believe PETA would have preferred these dogs be euthanized.

December 22, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  38. Ashley - Hamlin NY

Haha Glen. I don't think you'll find any AC-haters on this site.

As it is, I'm a journalism student/New Orleans humanitarian I utterly bow down to the man....

December 22, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  39. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

Anderson... don't get out there now and shop...It has gotten so crazy... I have never seen so many rude people out there pushing and shoving. I feel so bad for the retail clerks.. I bet they can't wait for it to be over. I'm ready for it to be over.

December 22, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  40. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, WA)

Hellooo David Gergen.....
    Nice see you on Live Blog tonight!!! I agree with your comment!!!

I don't like dogs to fight each other.... it is so bad...... I love dogs to quiet , peace not to mean......... I am support dogs.....

December 22, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  41. LisaL - Canada

if they can’t see the light, make ‘em feel the heat.

oh, now THAT was well put, david !! more people should be feeling more heat, i think

erica : good job on the singing – you have a nice voide
    erica : biden's 2nd dog will be a golden lab from a shelter 🙂

December 22, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  42. Mike, Syracuse NY

Great story on Vick's dogs. Hopefully when Vick gets out the NFL won't take him back.

December 22, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  43. Brandi - bottom of the boot

Jo Ann, go you! such a committment and it shows your great character. those poor dogs.

December 22, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  44. Bonnie

Is PETA ever happy?

December 22, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  45. Tracey - Boston

Anderson – remember your mom likes it when you make her a gift. It comes from the heart.

December 22, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  46. Glen Up North

Ashley : I don't know about the others, but I can speak for myself: I'm teasing Anders because I _like_ the guy! Respectfully, of course. 😉

December 22, 2008 at 10:52 pm |