December 17th, 2008

Candy Crowley's interview with President Bush

President Bush talked to Candy Crowley about the bailout, shoe tossing, Iraq and the legacy he will leave.

President Bush tells CNN's Candy Crowley that sending troops into harm's way was his most important decision.

CNN's Candy Crowley asks President Bush about whether he will bail out the auto industry.

1. pati mc., camp hill, pa

@ JC in LA – Don't we wish!

Candy. excellent "get' and a fantastic job as always. It was apparent that GW respects you for him to open up as he did. Too little too late, but still as fascinating interview. Was he holding your hand???Regards!

December 17, 2008 at 4:41 pm |
  2. Mary V., Salt Lake City, UT

No matter how he spins it, the TRUTH will come out! Bush has been a disaster not only for our Nation but for the world. May God have mercy on his soul!

December 17, 2008 at 4:34 pm |
  3. Annie Kate

Great interview Candy! And what a beautiful room to have the interview – I had to listen twice – once to look at the room and then once to actually concentrate on the interview. I'm sure Bush will miss the White House and the people but I bet he is going to be ready to rest and not have the weight of the nation on his shoulders anymore. And of course he will have to build his presidential library. After that it will be up to historians in about 50 years to say just how good or how bad he actually was.

December 17, 2008 at 4:21 pm |
  4. Wren

The “shoe incident” really reflects the world's view of our current leader. I think it is a tragedy that this event has been met with cheers and laughter. It is a sad day when the leader of any nation can be blatantly disrespected and few find it offensive. What does it say of our leader that has made himself this easy of a target. I look forward to the day when I can be proud of a president and find him disserving of the respect of all nations.

December 17, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  5. Heather,ca

Well Candy its clear Pres Bush is sweet on you. The first thing he recalled when asked what he wouldnt miss about campaigning a while back, was getting a cold from Candy while on the plane. Now hes holding hands with you. I know you and him go way back. There was a natural chemistry in that interview. Perhaps a dance of questions and answers. I thought it was great to watch. He must really enjoy your writing and reporting. He seemed to be enjoying the quality of the interview. I thought it was excellent. Good for you Candy!

December 17, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  6. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

I still can't understand the words coming out of his mouth and I'm from Texas. Is he high?

December 17, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  7. JC- Los Angeles

I had no idea Bush was still around.

December 17, 2008 at 2:02 pm |
  8. Joanne, Solvay, NY

I think that in hindsight we will find Bush a very interesting character.

December 17, 2008 at 12:53 pm |