AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
November 5th, 2008

Anderson talks with will.i.am via hologram

Singer will.i.am talks with CNN's Anderson Cooper about his impact on Sen. Barack Obama's campaign.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Hologram • Raw Politics • will.i.am
  1. Brandi-bottom of the boot

hmmm...i completely missed this whole hologram thing last nite.

cool, but still kinda creepy. definitely unnatural. :)

then again, can i have one? lol or can i come visit CNN via hologram?

November 6, 2008 at 1:35 am |
  2. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Hellooo Anderson!!!
    It was so cool to see hologram on tv!!! I agree with bloggers!!! It look like Star Trek have hologram.... I think it is beam up to ship and back to earth! I love this hologram!!! Congratulations for new thing technology program..... And guess what???? you're the number one to beat other networks!!!! Yay!! Yipppppeeee!!! Whoohooo! I am so happy for you and cnn team best cable network news! ;) I hope you love this hologram... it was so amazing to see beam up in the election center!
    ( Tomorrow, I will not be there live blog, I need break or vacation and fly to Hawaii for 7 days!) See you live blog soon!!!!!

November 5, 2008 at 9:18 pm |
  3. Rose from Muscoy, Calif

I thought I was watching STAR TRAK! Until I saw Anderson Cooper!

November 5, 2008 at 7:35 pm |
  4. Sara

The hologram thing was cool. I was very impressed. What will you guys come up with next?

November 5, 2008 at 7:20 pm |
  5. John R. Koslek III

I found it facinating and logical. It is the next step in journalism. KUDOS to CNN for being the first to do it with success!

Can you buy me one for my next birthday?

November 5, 2008 at 7:02 pm |
  6. Liana

That's SO COOL!
    Anderson – Star Wars is SO much better than Star Trek. And that was totally Star Wars.
    I love how CNN is utilizing cutting edge technology for the benefit of the viewers.
    Definitely look forward to seeing more holograms!

November 5, 2008 at 6:51 pm |
  7. Maria

New technology, new adventure, just something new, we always eager for new thing. Cool, but I noticed Anderson eyes bit distracted.

November 5, 2008 at 6:49 pm |
  8. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

I loved the cutting edge coverage you guys had. This was cool and of course we love the magic wall or map, whatever you love to call it. The virtual capital was also something different.

Most of all, I appreciated how you guys took your time to call the various states expediously but also with caution.

What are we going to do now... Is there other news???

November 5, 2008 at 6:34 pm |
  9. Jen

I didn't like the full-person hologram, thought it was a little weird. I liked the Capitol hologram though. I flipped through other channels, and thought that CNN had the best technology overall, and the best visual displays.

I don't think the technology is all there yet, though, for the full-person hologram - there was a purple outline that was glaring, and the image was fuzzy and jumpy. Nice try though. If you had to have a full-person hologram, it would have been cool to see Anderson jump through them.

November 5, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  10. Dee, New York

Way too creepy for me.

November 5, 2008 at 6:00 pm |
  11. Charisse Van Horn

I thought the hologram was way cool, and I love the fact that CNN is way ahead with technology. The hologram was awesome, in fact, it was an awesome night!

November 5, 2008 at 5:43 pm |
  12. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

I was impressed! Very exciting I'd have to say. I even liked Soledad's and Schneider's wall of drawers. But then again, I liked Anderson's pizza pie graphs too! You know what they say, to be the best you need to "lead" not "follow". Looks like CNN is on the right track and doing a great job with the election coverage. Thanks.

November 5, 2008 at 5:04 pm |
  13. Sonya

It was interesting but not something I can stare at too long. When a reporter is talking, I like to look at them in the face. I don't neccessarily need to see their entire body. This is cool if someone is at a noisy event and you need to separate them from the crowd, but for regular reporting from the field, I'd still prefer to see the person's face. I like the fact that CNN is experimenting with new technology though. Keep it up. I also like John King's capitol seating halogram. Very nice. I think halograms work best for that kind of visual display.

November 5, 2008 at 4:30 pm |
  14. Joy, Fort Gordon, Georgia

Um, okay not sure how I feel about the hologram, cool but at the same time it was like watching a bad sci-fi movie that happened to have political commentary, UM, maybe CNN should save the hologram for commentary dealing with entertainment news, Honestly I am not looking forward to the next White House press secretary being beamed up to CNN.

November 5, 2008 at 4:28 pm |
  15. Claire

I liked the hologram. I thought it was unique and different. I especially liked the virtual capital that John King used.

November 5, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  16. Cindy

I thought the hologram was cool! But I would have liked to have seen the person more from the front and maybe a bit closer up. But it did have a ghostly appearance going on.

Cindy...Ga.

November 5, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  17. Max

At CNN you NEED larger SCREENS, more MEGA ugly STRIPED posts and WAY you GO ...

CIRCUS all the WAY!!!!

You will GIVE Cirque de SOLEIL a run for their MONEY!!!!

November 5, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  18. Anthony

CNN jumped the shark, but why? You truly do have the best political team (even when factoring in Leslie Sanchez' inability to look at anything objectively). This was a gimmick. You tried it, it was just weird, pack it away in a closet and forget about it.

November 5, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  19. EJ (USA)

I saw this last night. Pretty cool. I didn't see the Jessica Yellin one – but I'll find that online.

November 5, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  20. Dee Stevens

The holograms utilized last night by you Anderson and Wolf Blitzer were like Star Trek, this is what you would call state-of-the-art-technology. CNN had the best election night coverage that was clear and concise. Well, Anderson your around the clock coverage was very professional along with the Best Political Team. Some of the print media also covered the CNN hologram experience with Jessica Yellin, you Anderson and Blitzer in the Daily News today. AC360 tonight should have some interesting commentary at 10PM from NYC.

November 5, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  21. Lilibeth

I thought the hologram was cool, although my husband thought it was weird. Way to go! I like it!

November 5, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  22. carmen

I didn't like that hologram feature. Spooky, phoney and a gimmick

November 5, 2008 at 3:43 pm |