AC360 Thursday 8p

Are crews preparing to move to "Plan B" in the search for Flight 370? The latest tonight live on AC360.
October 14th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 10/14/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Don’t forget to watch Erica Hill’s webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wondering why some comments are posted while others aren’t? Here’s a post that may help: LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog • TV
  1. Mike, Syracuse NY

Everyone is missing the point. Obama lied about his relationship with Ayers. He said Ayers was 'some guy from the 'hood' when in reality Ayers help Obama launch his political career.

October 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  2. Andrew Adepoju

Mcsame needs to do a better job with his economic plan...sorry I meant to say Mccain. The guy is honest not in touch with reality and Sarah Palin needs to show herself as a leader to be and not just a negative campaign messager.

October 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  3. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Great panel discussion. I don't believe McCain would win the debate if the Ayers topic comes up.

October 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

eyanna, atlanta
    Welcome to Live Blog on AC 360!!!!!! have nice to be here tonight! :)

October 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  5. Jim (Ohio)

Further, it is bold for Governor Palin to even approach the subject of balancing a budget if elected. The patriotism speach remains lackluster. Obviously, not communicating or staying on message with Senator McCain on playing down the attacks versus addressing the swing votes.

The message from McCain/Palin must be constant and consistent. "It's the economy stupid!"

October 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  6. Jud in Chicago

Roland Martin with some great comments tonight! its all about the ecnonomy. And bloggers, remember, we rallied 936 points yesterday, so 76 down today is not so bad. Gergen with a great comment too about where does the money come from. Keep in mind, the fed and treasury will print money, and that means long term inflation.

October 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  7. CAROLYN JONES

hi anderson&erica amen roland, to you anderson we will keep printing it. smile.

October 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  8. eyanna, atlanta

Robin, I hear u. If Ayers is brought up, then Palin's abusive power shoild be brought up.

I think the race is over. So I disagree with Roland. McCain has set himself up for failure. The first time he set himself up was when he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate. Bad choice!!!

October 14, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  9. Aileen

I dont care about Bill Heards or whatever his name. There are too much at steak in this country. McCain has to come up with some better strategy to win this election

October 14, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  10. ebony

Come on Anderson! Why does Obama have to be so specific about Ayers? Obama was 8 years old when he did that activity! The man has been rehabilitated and gone on with his life and I think the rest of America needs to move on from that foolishness! Tell me what is going to happen when you become President!!!

October 14, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  11. Brandi-bottom of the boot

I hope they read this....ISSUES ONLY PLEASE! no more mud slinging, it is so old at this point, there isnt much time left for them to get their ideas across to us.

October 14, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  12. Heather - Spokane, WA

Im with the Independants. I dont care about the Ayers subject, I care about what Obama is going to do.

October 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  13. greg in colorado

enough tit for tat ...if there going to "debate anything it needs to be about the issues , not the drama

October 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  14. Robin

Anderson,

It would be a bad idea for McCain to mention Bill Ayers, nobody else but his base cares about Ayers, if he uses Ayers independents will only be turned off. People only want to hear about the economy, that's it.

October 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  15. John from Tennessee

Roland Martin makes a good point. If McCain brings the past up in the debate it will not help his campaign. And don't no one care that he was a POW....

October 14, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  16. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

McCain's economic plan is a continuation of the Bush ideology, and that has failed up to this point (including deregulation).

October 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  17. Regine, Arlington, Virginia

Good evening all, this from someone who said he knows nothing about economics. 26 years in the Congress he should be an expert.

October 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  18. Jim (Ohio)

Anderson,

It must be strongly advised that yes, it is a bold move to attack and a very risky move to attack using Ayers, Wright...Senator McCain will solidify his base with the attacks, but the independents will rally to Senator Obama.

October 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  19. Paula, Colorado

Anderson,
    Hi! The Presidential campaign has gone on incredibly long–though it's still fascinating. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's debate. I'm voting early afterward.

October 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  20. Joan Pa

Hello Anderson ,we hear to much about the connection between Barack Obama and Bill Ayers... yet Bill Ayers is a professor being paid to teach our children. Am I missing something?

October 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  21. Minou, New York City

I think people are tired of the attacks on Obama. If McCain brings up Ayers tomorrow, it's gonna hurt him. They should both just stick to the issues instead of throwing mud.

October 14, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  22. Clarence Albuquerque

I'm wondering if the ongoing Wall Street situation will affect the perception of the candidates. If the Street stabilizes I'm curious about what becomes the issue for the day. Stay tuned.... I suppose.

October 14, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  23. pat

As usual David Gergen is right the economy will dominate the debate.

October 14, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  24. eyanna, atlanta

Oh, by the way, I am a new blogger. I love ur show Anderson. You always talk about great issues. Keep it up.

October 14, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  25. Robin SW Florida

Hi Anderson, When John McCain brings up Bill Ayers tomorrow, Barack Obama should bring up Sarah Palin abusing her power.

October 14, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  26. Daleen

Hi Anderson,

Good to see you tonight. Help us understand these politicians. I don't want to hear negatives, I want to hear ideas and policies.

October 14, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  27. greg in colorado

if mcain actually asks obama about his relationship with ayers...then he would'nt be able to bring it up anymore as an issue

October 14, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  28. Miles, Texas

I listened to McCain's economy speech and there didn't seem to be a unifying theme to what he was trying to do. It's a weird shotgun approach targeted at a variety of voter demographics. Despite what McCain says, Obama's plan has been well fleshed out and consistent.

October 14, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  29. kim-chicago

Cut capital gains tax...what is wrong with this guy...who has capital gains right now...Get with the program John McCain!

October 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  30. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Guy, I hear what you are saying!

October 14, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  31. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Hello Pat
    Welcome to Live Blog on AC 360!!!! Have nice be here tonight!!!! :)

October 14, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  32. Lisa L

Dear Anderson,

Hopefully countries remain open to what other countries are doing to address positive economic growth, and look at economic plans day by day.

Thank you for keeping me up to date with the news.

Sincerely,

Lisa L
    Sydney, Australia

October 14, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  33. Laura

I'm glad to see Anderson here. Thank you.

October 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  34. Guy

Anderson,

Why isn't there a "none of the above" selection to check on the presidential ballot?

October 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  35. Whitney (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

McCains economic plan seems short-sighted and touches on things that aren't, realistically, problem resolvers.

October 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  36. eyanna, atlanta

Hi Anderson,

I would like to know , why is it that when Barack Obama announced his plan yesterday, John McCain came back today with a similar plan? Then, McCain wants to say Obama's plan will not work.

Hmmmm

October 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  37. Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

Hello Bloggers! Glad the show tonight will be covering both candidate's economic plans.

AC is blogging with pic again....happy day!

October 14, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  38. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Finally Anderson!!!!!!!
    You got your picture back!!!! Yipppeeee!!!! ;)

October 14, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  39. pat

Hello Anderson I am looking forward to your show. I am a new to the blog.

October 14, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  40. Clarence Albuquerque

We got AC on the big screen, we don't worry about the small pics

October 14, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  41. Lori

Good Afternoon from Japan,

Happy to see Anderson's picture up today!!!

October 14, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  42. Whitney (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

Good evening Anderson and all.

October 14, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  43. Michael, Springfield PA

Good evening Anderson.

October 14, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  44. John from Tennessee

What up Anderson. It seems that the market has a flash back of last week

October 14, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  45. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Hellooo Anderson, Erica, and best bloggers!!!!
    Not good news for me to see big drop stock/market *whistle*, Including Asia.....But I can't wait see president debate tomorrow night.....

October 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  46. Olivia Dorsey

Anderson – I am so tired of hearing the republicans talk about Obama is not experienced enough to lead the country. As far as I am concerned, McCain is not educated enough to run the country. If people would be honest, the debate is like a first grader debating with a high school student. Educationally, Barack Obama and Joe Biden have the education and experience to run this country . . . there is no comparison to their edcation compared to John McCain and Sarah Palin. Go Figure!

October 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  47. Heather - Spokane, WA

Good evening Anderson and everyone. Glad to see Anderson got his picture working.

October 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  48. John from Wisconsin

I have run a small business for years. My experience is that if I hire a new employee, the salary I pay them is a tax deductible expense. So whether the tax rates on profits increase or decrease does not effect my ability to hire a new employee. Profits are what’s left after all expenses are paid. Why all the political talk that if Obama raises the tax rate on businesses, this will somehow affect my ability to hire another employee?

October 14, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. andersoncnn

yay, it worked.

October 14, 2008 at 9:55 pm |
  50. andersoncnn

evening everyone.. im hoping i can figure out how to make my little picture appear.

October 14, 2008 at 9:54 pm |