October 2nd, 2008

O.J. to CNN: No comment on the trial, plenty to say about Vegas

Paul Vercammen
CNN Senior Producer

In the halls of the Clark County Regional Justice Center, you can run into O.J. Simpson. He won't answer any questions about his trial.

But he will talk about his affinity for Las Vegas.

"The people in Las Vegas have just been tremendous. This is the first time I have come here that I have spent time off the strip in the neighborhoods. The people have been fantastic.

"A lot of people think I might move to Las Vegas. The truth is when I decided to move from L.A., It was between Las Vegas and Miami. Miami worked out well. Both kids (Nicole Brown Simpson's children with O.J.:Justin, 20 years old, and Sydney, 22 years old) are honor students and are in college.

"I don't want to say where they are. People at school don't know I'm they're dad. I was walking with my daughter (Sydney) and some radio guy says 'O.J. was spotted on campus with his new main squeeze and they just keep getting younger and younger.' They had no idea it was my daughter."

"But I now have a new respect for the citizens of Las Vegas. I like Las Vegas - great golf courses, great restaurants."

1. Rob Wilkens

The man is nothing but GARBAGE. I hope he goes to jail and someone there takes "care of him"

October 3, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  2. Dale

Here's my take. Simpson was tried and acquitted of murder. As a man who has sat on a murder trial before, I take offense to the fact that people have continuously disrespected the Califonia Jurors for their decision. It makes me want to never serve again. I realize it would be just as criminal for me to take that position.

As for this trial, I predict that the Jury will again acquit him of the charges file in Nevade. Believe me, his race has nothing to do with the decision of the Jurors. I would say that 98.% of the citizens that serve are all about justice. Prove your case and we will send you to prison.

Just my thoughts.

October 3, 2008 at 1:16 pm |
  3. Texas

From the instructions under the law given to the jury by the judge he is Guilty!! Now wheather he is found guilty thats another story.

October 2, 2008 at 11:24 pm |
  4. Tina

O.J. is innocent in these charges.

October 2, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  5. Bren In Atlanta

...uh, maybe because in Vegas they don't allow you to keep your assets hidden from a decision in a civil suit that says you are responsible for the murder of two people? What happened to looking for the killers OJ, are they hiding in the holes on the green? What happened to working to serve the black community who defended your name? Why would you write a book about describing the grosteque murder of the woman you say you loved with all your heart.

Fool me once, shame on me, Fool me twice, shame on you...
    By a man's signature he is known...and you have revealed your true character time and time again...

October 2, 2008 at 9:57 pm |
  6. Heather,Ca

You know I think I have a new found respect for Pete Rose! He can be found at the Forum shops next to Ceasers Palace sitting at a table signing his name. All he did was bet on baseball yeah he lied about it but he didnt hold a friend at gunpoint while the world watched or murder people. If OJ gambles and wins he also loses and the Goldmans may in fact collect the debt as his creditors.

October 2, 2008 at 8:56 pm |
  7. Dawn

Are the people in Vegas too drunk to realize they have a crazy murderer walking around, kidnapping people, stealing things?

October 2, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  8. cb

And steve why in the hell is Robert Blake not in jail for murder? huh?
    Oh I forgot he's white" so that dosen't count!

October 2, 2008 at 5:34 pm |
  9. cisco

also, your idea about celebrities is wrong, its anyone with enough money to hire a very good attorney or a team of attornies, so the poor people that i mentioned earlier are screwed which is why their convictions were incorrect.

October 2, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  10. cisco

I worked at a golf course in miami where he played often. he was a very nice guy. Plenty of people are serving death sentences and what not only to find out 20 years later that they are not guilty thanks to new techonology(dna testing). Im sure everyone was convinced 100% by the prosecution that they were guilty but guess what they were wrong. So how would you or any one know what actually happened with out being there.

October 2, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  11. Steve K

And why is it that he's not in prision for double murder? Oh that's right, in California, celebrities don't answer to the law. Now I remember! Damn, I should have gone into acting.

October 2, 2008 at 4:20 pm |