September 30th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 9/30/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Don’t forget to watch the 360 webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and staff on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 9:45p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wondering why some comments are posted while others aren’t? Here’s a post that may help: LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Kit, Canada

Oh my gosh – the dog, the hair on the dog – Anderson's reaction. Too funny.

September 30, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  2. jen rose

That dog looks like to me Vince Neil with the band Motley Crue.

September 30, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  3. Maureen T

Hey Anderson, maybe an Irish Wolfhound but not that dog with what's that a bow in it's fur! Good show and as always thanks for keeping me smiling! Life is good! Good night!!

September 30, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  4. Naissa, Texas, USA

Nanking is so cute!

But the poor thing does NOT need to have that ridiculous POOF on its head! :O

Anyway, it's a beautiful dog, and you're a beautiful man, Anderson Cooper!

September 30, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  5. Genevieve M, TX

I love how Randi so easily embarasses Anderson! Ha Ha! :)

September 30, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Good night Anderson, Randi and best bloggers!!!
    Have a great night!!!! Sleep tight!!!
    See you tomorrow night!!!!
    Day of the shot with my favorite dogs!!!! very funny!!!! LOL ohhhhhh Anderson is blushing!!!! ;)

September 30, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  7. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

I would be a daucschund. No question about it. I want to see Anderson with a beret (sp?) in his hair! Thanks 360 and bloggers! Great night!

September 30, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Saera El Paso, TX

cute dog... but i don't see the resemblence :)
    good night everyone

September 30, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  9. Heather - Spokane, WA

Anderson the Shih-Tzu

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  10. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

Wow that is quite a dog, but I don't think that is you Anderson. I see you more like a blue-eyed Siberian Husky.

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  11. Mary H. St. Louis, MO

Wow... you should feel honered AC...

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  12. Sue

Sarah Palin's comments about listening to Joe Biden since she was in second grade are becoming rude and annoying to we senior voters.....a rather large sized block of voters. She is beginning to sound like a smart-mouthed whippersnapper!!!!!!!

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  13. Thomas Riccobuono

UGH!! I simply cannot understand how educated Republicans can sit there with a staight face and praise a woman who obviously will not answer questions. They use the newest catch phrashes, they excuse her inability as "She speaks from her heart and not her mind". What exactly does that mean? Does she have a clue at all? If you ask me the reason she was tapped is because she wouldn't turn McCain down on a losing ticket.

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  14. Tracey - Boston

That dog looks nothing like Anderson!!! Doberman yes....

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  15. Roweena D'Souza, Seattle

wow... Anderson, you should be proud, a dog named after you!

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  16. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Good Tuesday evening..I guess the Shot proves that from morning to night on this day..Sept 30 has gone to the dogs..night all.

September 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Sergio Hernandez

I have foreign policy experience because Cuba is close to Florida

September 30, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  18. Yvonne

Does Sarah Palin know that the part of Russia that you can see from Alaska has no development or people for hundreds of miles? It's empty land.

September 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  19. Amina from TN

wow after she bragged and bragged about her foreign policy , and for what? this is beyond embarassment. i am surprised the media is not being hard on her about this issue, if she lied about this, i wonder what other issues she lied about also?

September 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  20. Fay, CA

Bay Buchanan does not do herself any favors by trying to defend Palin's obvious ignorance.

September 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  21. Roweena D'Souza, Seattle

nah, those dogs are not cute enough to be compared to you Anderson!

September 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  22. EJ (USA)

Anderson – I would not compare you to a dog. Maybe a fox.

September 30, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  23. CurtisJo

I think I'll move to Alaska so I can be an expert in foreign relations!

September 30, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  24. Kimberly

Just wanted to clarify that the morning after pill is not an abortion pill. It ony prevents contraception.

September 30, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  25. Uma in Liverpool, UK

'You don't reach the American people by talking about facts'.

Wow. I retract anything I might have said, about British anti-intellectualism rivalling that in the USA.

Wow. She honestly believes that.

Wow. Just... wow.

September 30, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  26. Cindy

AC,

I understand completely the financial crisis pretty much began with the bad mortgages given out to PEOPLE who could not afford them. It seems like people are begining to place a black face on the sub prime issue. ( the republican female congresswoman MN) America needs to understand this is ALL of our problem and it goes back farther than those mortgages. We need to STOP placing blame and simply realize it is a problem and fix it.

Cindy, PHI

September 30, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  27. Roweena D'Souza, Seattle

wow, this island looks amazing, thanks to Palin...it could get some visitors!

September 30, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  28. stuart

I can't believe that Babe B is definding sarah P. in such the way she is for potential VP. Come on Babe, Mccain made a huge error in judgement. Shame on you Babe, call it like it is.

September 30, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  29. Sonya

I agree with some of the bloggers here about Bay. I've watched her on Larry King and other CNN shows. She really has no ability to see things from another person's point of view aside from her own. I understand she's suppose to support McCain and Palin and there's nothing wrong with arguing her point. However, she has never tried to look at things from a different point of view. Ed Rollins for example is a McCain supporter but he's willing to look at things realistically. He expresses support but is willing to criticize McCain/Palin as well. Bay is so overly supportive of Palin, it seems disingenuine.

September 30, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  30. Bryan

It was Charlie Gibson who first mentioned the close proximity of Russia to Alaska. Palin simply clarified that statement with a few facts. Is that so wrong? Alaska and Russia are close....so what....lets move on!

What's foolish is the media and how they twisted the interview. CNN should replay that portion in full and see if it was really as they present it.

September 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  31. Robb, New Hampsha

Close enough to Russia? For one thing, I don't think that Little Diomede Island needs to worry about an invasion. Would you invade?!

September 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  32. Sue Scheibe

Why not use the $700 billion dollars to sure up the strong banks and let the weak ones fail? That way we could free up some credit and let the free market deal with the fallout of the failed banks!

September 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  33. Patty

Santa Claus is from up North. He must have foreign policy credentials too.

September 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  34. Maureen T

Anderson,
    I must say it's great having Suze O. on the show! Too bad she can't be on a little longer and answer some more questions! We have so much to ask and not much of an opportunity to get your question chosen! Much appreciated though!!

September 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  35. Marian

It looks like some of the citizenry are now catching on that this bail-out would not just help wall street but help all Americans because the current crisis is affecting the credit market. Why did it take so long for this to be understood by so many people. It is too bad that the no-vote Republicans in the House could not think beyond their noses.

September 30, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  36. Kent

Bay Buchanon just made the saliant point. The electorate is more interested in electing someone like themselves than someone who is intelligent.

September 30, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  37. david

i would like to know if my money is safe with merrill lynch? i have 55,000 there it seems that i am not getting any intrest, so i need to know if i ought to kee it there

September 30, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  38. Raquel in MD

I find it insulting that they say Palin represents the American people and also the voice of women. She doesn't speak for all women. Just because the attributes make her a woman it does not qualify her for the position of VP. If she can't take the questions people are asking her about the position of VP then all of you must have solid, secure jobs and not have had to interview in years. Have you forgotten that they are only doing what is done in an interview, asking what qualifies you for the job and those interviewing (in this case, those in media on behalf of those of us who do not have access to her) the questions we want answered. We just want to vote/hire the right person for the job. Nothing more, nothing less just the facts.

September 30, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  39. paul Lafata

Suze,
    My wife and I are in escrow on a house. We currently own a condo and have no debt and good jobs. We really want a house to start a family and get in on the lower housing market in san diego. We would plan to stay in this house long term. If we do buy the house we would subsidize the rent of the condo by $800 each month. It will most likely be 3-4 years before we could sell it to break even, as it has lost value. Refinancing the condo does not make sense. We can afford to do this now, but it will be tight. With the recent developments, is this a bad financial decision?

September 30, 2008 at 10:49 pm |
  40. Philip Supernault

To Babe Buchanan: Thanks but no thanks for that reference to Sarah Palin appealing to populists. I consider myself a populist and, frankly, I'm insulted that you link her with us. The inference one would draw is that to be a populist you must be ill-informed, possess a narrow view of the world, and embrace an over-simplified view of the issues and the problems we face.

September 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  41. Tessa Stewart

I like Bay Buchanan. She's darn smart. And straight forward.
    James Carvelle is kinda ridiculous, really. He couldn't answer Bay's question on who Obama or Biden have taken on in their own party.

September 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  42. Jackie

Anderson: As a 57 year old woman, who came of age during the days of Women's Lib, I find Sarah Palin embarassing. In doing damage control after the Katie Couric interviews, the McCain campaign ha tried to say it was the media's fault. Give me a break. Katie just asked the questions, and let Sarah hang herself. She should resign the ticket, for the good of the country.

September 30, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  43. Amy

How does the economic meltdown affect healthcare jobs..?

September 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  44. MaryBeth

Margaret Wilson: so it's just my credit score? I didn't know it had a name. I wonder how many ppl are checking the credit right now. I've already checked mine for the year...

September 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  45. Leslie Olesen

Anderson, you just pointed out that Governor Palin was the Commander in Chief of Alaska's National Guard and that she seemed to lack knowledge of the surge....but why could you not point out that she in fact traveled to Iraq?? Does that not show and interest in the topic?

September 30, 2008 at 10:47 pm |