September 23rd, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 9/23/08

For what’s in the program take a look at tonight’s Evening Buzz.

Don’t forget to watch Erica Hill’s webcast during the commercials. LINK TO WEBCAST

And take a look at Anderson and Erica on our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Wondering why some comments are posted while others aren’t? Here’s a post that may help: LINK TO COMMENTS POST

We’ll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Melinda

Thanks for all of you going 100%. You keep me coming back to CNN every day. I guess I'm an addict??? But that's okay.

September 23, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  2. Saera El Paso, TX

if i was in new york right nowand passed by david blaine... i'd probably just point and laugh

good night everyone

September 23, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  3. EJ (USA)

How about we set the bailout at a much lower 700 Million and call it a night?

September 23, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  4. Colleen M., Duluth, Mn.

Those repsonsible need to drive down the road to nowhere really fast and not come back..ever.

September 23, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  5. Jacqui Chan

fun blogging & getting posted so often!
    night all!

September 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  6. Maureen T

Good night Andy and Erica! Thanks for keeping things light and witty! Keep smiling! 🙂

September 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  7. Holly

Its funny how when a politician is honest about something, the media terms it a "gaffe" as if telling the truth is a political mistake. I thought being an honest politician was a good thing.

September 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  8. Caren in Nebraska/soon-to-be Boston

The guy with the unicorn looked like Sonny Bono. I will leave ya'll with that! Good night everyone! I'll be writing tomorrow from Chicago!

September 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  9. Genevieve M, TX

Re: The Shot

Am I the only one who feels nauseated looking at David Blaine hanging upside down? 😦

September 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  10. Deborah

Who was the contractor who made $9 million per mile for a road to nowhere?

September 23, 2008 at 10:59 pm |
  11. Patrick Esters

Thanks for listining everybody, vote no on the bailout! Get us out of debt!!

P.S Palin is a hoot, but I'm on the other side! Nice try Repubs.

Patrick–Iowa

September 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  12. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Good night Anderson, Erica and best bloggers!!!
    Have a great night!!!! Sleep tight!!!
    See you later!!
    Day of the shot best trick day!!!!!!!

September 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  13. Ingrid

Thanks Anderson and Erica, just spit out water and woke my dog from laughing so hard about David Blaine and the 'blood from a small animal'!!!:)

September 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  14. Anita

Why are you commenting on Joe Biden and Obama voting for the Bridge to Nowhere? Sarah Palin is the one who apparently has a problem with admitting that she wanted it. Joe and Obama didn't say it shouldn't exist.

September 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  15. CaseyJ - Palm Springs, CA

David Blaine has the career to nowhere. I wonder if he's from Alaska?

September 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  16. Caren in Nebraska/soon-to-be Boston

David Blaine may be on to something here- when the rest of us are worrying about the falling economy, he just has to worry about now falling on the ground. May not be so bad.

September 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  17. Heather - Spokane, WA

David Blane reminds me of a male version of Paris Hilton...he just wants attention. I love David Copperfield, now HE is a magician!

September 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Good Tuesday evening..David Blaine hanging upside down? Is the magic that he can survive the blood rushing to his head without advil..Night all

September 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  19. sylvia, chicago

give David Blane a break; the guy tests and actually pushes beyond what is accepted as the limit and/or norm for the human body...it takes ...skills (?) 🙂

September 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  20. kim-chicago

I am sorry but not all earmarks are bad. Although it has become a "dirty" word.

September 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  21. Janet (Chappaqua)

You know Anderson, this is why I shy away from politics. Every one of these candidates twists – some mangle – the truth. Bridges, pork, Biden , Palen, who can we trust? I

September 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  22. Mark Singer

Why doesn't congress just give every citizen over 18 years old a couple of million dollars each. It would be a lot cheaper and I bet the economy would take off. No fuss, no muss, no golden parachutes, etc..

September 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  23. Jacqui Chan

To David Gergan
    I truly hope you will be asked to advise the next president. You are very knowledgeable; I know that you have all of our best interest at heart. If anyone can help advise our next president I am confident it is you!

September 23, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Maya Lawrence

I think Drew Griffin's report is misleading. You failed to mention what the "other" parts of that bill were. Be honest without the spin please...

September 23, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Tiffany in Denver

Isn’t David Blane supposed to disappear or something? I can hang upside down for goodness sake...I can’t however pull a rabbit out of a hat.

September 23, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  26. Megan Dresslar (Shoreline, Wa)

Hellooo David!!!!
    I agree with your comment!!!!! I know what you mean to me that is very bad mortgage....

September 23, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  27. Margaret Wilson

This all seems like more fear mongering. Give Us 700 billion or else. Kinda sounds like a bad line from an Austin Powers movie!

September 23, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  28. mike - moreland, ga

wow, toll collector on the road to nowhere . . . sounds like one of those "big government" political patronship jobs the repubs like to say we won't have if they are in office, but we have anyway

September 23, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  29. mollie

sen. biden must really love bridges! ha, that made me laugh. i love the keeping them honest segment. it's extremely interesting and i always learn something new about what the candidates REALLY believe in.

September 23, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  30. Claire

I agree with you both, Erica and Anderson about David Blaine. He just wants publicity... he's a fraud.

September 23, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  31. Jason - Saint Louis

Why am I not surprised about this ear mark crap. "Keeping Them Honest" angers me almost daily. Thanks for the truth Anderson. Keep the hope alive.

September 23, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  32. EJ (USA)

David Blaine is an idiot. Doctors say he could go blind doing that. What a fool to risk his eyesight to pull off some dumb stunt.

September 23, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  33. Matt

Blaine's stunt PALES in comparison to the stunt McCain pulled by choosing PALIN.

September 23, 2008 at 10:54 pm |