AC360 Thursday 8p

Are crews preparing to move to "Plan B" in the search for Flight 370? The latest tonight live on AC360.
September 19th, 2008

Beauty shots take some work

Randi Kaye
AC360° Correspondent

Hi everyone. Today is my last day covering Sarah Palin in Alaska – at least for this trip. I've been here 17 days and every minute of it has been exciting.

I wanted to leave you with a little behind the scenes look at how we get to the roof of the local hotel for our live shots. The photo you see here is the beautiful backdrop you see on television.

But it not so easy to get here. It's a bit of a workout.. especially on the way out...

WATCH VIDEO OF RANDI'S JOURNEY

Let me know what you think.. all for the magic of television.

See you back in the "lower 48"...

Filed under: Behind The Scenes • Randi Kaye
  1. DFrost

Barbara: The anti-Palin rally held in Anchorage was covered by the Anchorage Daily News complete with many photos. Do not believe Palin's background. Do your homework. She did not take on the "good ol' boys". That investigation started back in about 2004...way before she was governor. She supports aerial hunting of wolves and bears. She has sued to stop the listing of polar bears as endangered. Until recently, she did not believe that global warming was man made. She did not sell the jet at a profit as McCain claimed. It was sold at a .6 mil loss. Do the research. On Troopergate, she wants the Alaska Personnel Board to do the investigation, but that would be improper as the board is APPOINTED by the governor. That would be a conflict of interest, or they will be looking for jobs if they go against her.

September 19, 2008 at 7:26 pm |
  2. Heather,Ca

I always wondered why you went to the roof. Now I get it. It is a beauty.

September 19, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  3. Roweena D'Souza, Seattle

good coverage Randi, but 17 days for a VP, is that usual? or was it because of the Alaska, its got a mysterious almost exotic feel to it!

September 19, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  4. joy porter

What about talking and showing the "Alaska Women Reject Palin"
    Rally that was on 9/14/08.
    That was and is news too.

September 19, 2008 at 1:16 pm |
  5. Charlotte D

Randi,

I bet the air is cleaner up on the roof in Alaska than when Anderson shoots from a roof top in LA, as he is prone to do. And you have a much prettier view than the Hollywood sign and smog.

I know the purpose of your trip was to report on Governor Palin, but I honestly have heard enough for now. I hope I can make it to election day, this has been such a long campaign. However, the beautiful shots of Alaska included in your coverage do inspire me to dust off my Northern Exposure DVDs. Have a safe trip home. Ick, you will have to trade in your comfortable looking boots for high heels.

Charlotte D, Stockton CA

September 19, 2008 at 12:11 pm |
  6. Barbara Longo

I just received an email detailing a massive anti-Palin rally in Alaska complete with photos. Did you cover this and did I miss it? If it wasn't covered, why not?

September 19, 2008 at 12:04 pm |
  7. suki

Randi – thanks for the great work you have done in Alaska – you have presented fair and unbiased reporting on Palin separating the truth from her campaign rhetoric where she continues to embellish her record- keep up the good work

September 19, 2008 at 10:23 am |
  8. Annie Kate

Randi

That looks a little inconvenient – and for some it would probably be an accident waiting to happen. Glad you got up and down it ok. I've enjoyed your reports from Alaska. Have you gotten to just look around at the country any? I've always heard its quite beautiful up there – I hope you got some good pictures.

I'm glad you are coming back to the "lower 48" – I was beginning to wonder if you were going to spend the next 46 days until the election up there.

Annie Kate