September 10th, 2008

The Shot: Fainting animals

Goats and dogs with different genetic disorders that make them fall asleep mid-motion.

Filed under: T1
  1. Heather

Marcus,

I agree with you on the cats. I have two and they think it's ancient eqypt and they demand to be worshipped. I hope whoever decides to buy one of these cuties knows how special they are and they need extra love and attention. Not unlike your average house cat who thinks the world revolves around them, and they actualy go out of their way to remind you of that. Yes the evil axis of paw.

September 10, 2008 at 6:55 pm |
  2. Eric

Hallelujah a holy rollin'polin' VP!

September 10, 2008 at 5:17 pm |
  3. Marcus

Forget the goats, that cat looks like it has a plan to take over the world. Dont let bush see this he will be like.... All cute and cuddly kitten are part of the KTO, (Kitty Terrorist Organization). This cat is now part of the Axis of Evil.

September 10, 2008 at 5:10 pm |
  4. vincent

When man takes control of evolution, we make creaturs that are easy to catch. Though they are humorus, on there own they will die. This gean should never be introduced to wild populations, recessiv or not.
    Id like one as a pet.

September 10, 2008 at 5:08 pm |
  5. Josh Dirckx

Anderson, check the history of these goats. In the 1700's sheep were valuable, goats were not. Sheep herders bred fainting goats and put them with the sheep. When the wolves came, the goats would faint and be taken by the wolves. The more valuable sheep would get away.

September 10, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  6. Minou, New York City

I feel sorry for these poor goats. Why would anyone breed an animal that has debilitating flaws? I don't think it's all cute and funny at all.

September 10, 2008 at 1:05 pm |
  7. Betty Ann, Nacogdoches,TX

These goats are cutie pie creatures but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to breed this species.
    It does however give new meaning to stop,drop, and roll! 🙂

September 10, 2008 at 1:01 pm |
  8. Heather

I have seen them before on any episode of the show Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe on the Discovery channel. Didn't you have him on your program? They are cute. You dont get to see that at your petting zoo.

September 10, 2008 at 11:40 am |