AC360 Monday 8p

There are growing questions about the ferry crew's actions. The latest on the South Korean ferry disaster live on AC360.
September 8th, 2008

OJ Simpson: The final chapter?

O.J. Simpson arrives for the first day of jury selection
O.J. Simpson arrives for the first day of jury selection

Editor's Note: You can read more Lisa Bloom blogs on In Session”

Lisa Bloom
AC360° Contributor
In Session Anchor

O.J. Simpson walked out of court a free man after acquittals in his 1995 double murder trial and his 2001 Florida road rage case. Today jury selection begins in his Las Vegas robbery trial, where he faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted. Will he be 3-0?
Based on what we know now, it’s going to be a close call. The prosecution case is built on the testimony of a colorful band of O.J. cronies, including a stalker, an arsonist, a thief, and an alleged pimp. Notice that I have to say “alleged” only as to the maybe-pimp. The stalker also has a criminal history that includes receiving stolen property, assault and battery, and he’ll be hauled in from prison to testify. And he is one of the two alleged victims.

This caper may be the most-taped alleged crime in history. There are three secret audiotapes of the planning of the caper, a tape of the incident itself (sold immediately to TMZ.com for over $100,000, reportedly), recordings of phone messages after the incident, and a surreptitious audio recording of OJ and one of the co-conspirators at a bar that night. Even the “You Ring We Spring” bail bondsman had the presence of mind to stick a recorder in his pocket and capture O.J.’s words as he transported him. O.J. Simpson should buy stock in Radio Shack.

Read More...

Filed under: Lisa Bloom • O.J. Simpson Trial
  1. Domingo J. Fernandez

O.J. Simpson will be tried and convicted of all charges. There is no "second chance" on this one. It will be plenty demonstrated that he is a thug and an outlaw. In this world, sooner or later you are going to get what you deserve. No question that he is guilty of robbery and assault. No more playing golf Mr. Simpson!!!.

September 9, 2008 at 1:14 am |
  2. Jeni, Evansville

I am tired of the press coverage of this man. I think he's addicted to hearing about himself. Let's stop giving him our attention...period.

September 8, 2008 at 4:06 pm |
  3. Heather

All I can say is I hope the legal system in Nevada works and does it's job. At the time I lived maybe a couple miles from the Brown's in Monarch Bch. I remember being at work and everyone was watching the TV and the funeral. I even know where the cemetary is. I didn't really understand till I was home what was going on with the car chase. I thought it was shameful when people were cheering him on. I knew how much of a circus this trial was, when I was in Chicago on vacation and the bouncer at a bar looked at my id and asked me if he was guilty or not. I said dont care. Like because Im live in Ca automatically that is all there is to talk about. I just hope no cameras and the judge takes this seriously. I don't care who you are you cant take it upon yourself to be judge jury and executioner. If and I guess this is for most reasonable law abiding people would go to the front desk and ask for the hotel manager who would have contacted hotel security and maybe the cops. But you are talking about someone who well does things outside the box the rules and felt he had the right to do what he wanted never mind that the hotel property belongs to someone else. Anyway I hope the system and the laws in Nevada do what is required.

September 8, 2008 at 3:59 pm |
  4. Melissa, Los Angeles

This will be hard to convict since jurors are suppose to go in with an open mind. It'll be hard to find someone with an open opinion of OJ. The other problem is that some of the defendants who already are crooked are only testifying because they got a break on their own charges so how will we know what they're saying is all true?

September 8, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  5. Annie Kate

What an assortment of miscreants. If I were on the jury I would have a real problem believing any of them. It will be interesting to see how the prosecution handles all the blemishes, so to speak, on the witnesses to come up with an account that OJ can be convicted on. I would like to see him convicted because of the murder of his wife – every time I read about some of the tricks his defense team used to make him appear innocent I am outraged – you are suppose to get the best defense you can receive but that defense shouldn't involve scamming the court.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

September 8, 2008 at 1:58 pm |
  6. Kent, Illinois

I hope it is the final chapter. Everyone knows he killed his ex-wife and got away with it. Now, he has the audacity to commit this robbery. Nail him to the wall and give the Goldman's the hammer to finish the job of pounding in the nails..................

September 8, 2008 at 1:25 pm |
  7. Cindy

OMG...not this again!! UUGGHH!!

Well the prosecution has no choice but to have these shady characters as witnesses because that's who OJ seems to hang out with the most. If it was just one of them claiming that it was OJ's idea then I could maybe discount it. But it's not. But he'll probably get off just because he has money and is a celeb.

I hope that this doesn't make the cut to be on 360 tonight!

Cindy...Ga.