August 25th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 8/25/08

Anderson is in Denver along with the best political team in television covering the Democratic Presidential Debate... Join the conversation! I can't promise Anderson will join in, but let's hear what you think so far.

Take a look at whats happening on the convention floor. LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Michelle

About Barack Obama being tough on John McCain. Michelle ansewered that question in her speech. They have values period. Treating people with dignity and respect even if they don't agree with them. Works for me.

August 25, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  2. EJ (USA)

Jeffrey Toobin just nailed it. This has been a love fest, but hasn’t provided one solid reason to vote for Obama. Sorry, but ‘hope and change’ doesn’t hack it.

Well, I could've sworn that the convention lasts 4 days...

August 25, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  3. Donna

Most of your pundits missed it - it's not about the opening night being hard hitting on the issues. It's about portraying and demonstrating change and hope. That is about a feeling, gaining trust. We all know the issues are there. Tonight we had to have a time to believe and hope, change is within our grasp.

August 25, 2008 at 11:09 pm |
  4. EJ (USA)

I hope one day I am able to give a speech like that. She is simply wonderful. I love that passion.

August 25, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  5. Mark Ferbet, Grain Valley Mo.

Linda- Houston....

Yes, they have... many politicians are to be suspect... but if we don't find one we can put our support behind, we might as well bury our heads in the sand.

The Obama family impresses me... Obama is highly intelligent, and his wife is equally intelligent. It is nice to actually hear people speak with regards to what needs done in this country. And to understand what they say...

August 25, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  6. Presley

*newbie to the live blog*
    I tuned in to CNN just a few minutes before Senator Kennedy spoke not knowing what I would be watching, but just enough time to become overcome with unexpected emotions.
    I cried through the speech and stood up in my living and applauded.

It was an epic moment. I can't imagine being there for it.

August 25, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  7. Kristen-Philadelphia, PA

Michelle was amazing. Really enjoyed her speech tonight. Hey on a side note can CNN remove that thing on the bottom, it takes up way too much of the screen. Thanks

August 25, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  8. Tish,NC

Michelle Obama was outstanding!!! What a beautiful family!!! ;o)

God Bless the OBAMA FAMILY!

August 25, 2008 at 11:06 pm |
  9. MaryBeth

Please stop griping about the lack of negativity!!! It is very refreshing to not hear bad things. The American ppl hear negative news all the time. It's nice to hear happy upbeat stuff once in awhile

August 25, 2008 at 11:06 pm |
  10. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Jeffrey Toobin just nailed it. This has been a love fest, but hasn't provided one solid reason to vote for Obama. Sorry, but 'hope and change' doesn't hack it.

August 25, 2008 at 11:05 pm |
  11. JImmy in California

Tonight was a great night for the Party. I can see a lot healing taking place and I think it was really nice of Michelle to mention the accomplishments of Senator Clinton. I suspect there will be a jump to in the polls in favor of Obama.

August 25, 2008 at 11:05 pm |
  12. Michele, Charlotte NC

Very impressed. First Class Speech!

August 25, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  13. Linda - Houston

August 25th, 2008 10:58 pm ET

With a Family like that, he’ll always know where he is, and what he’s doing…

hahah people have said that about other politicians....
    people have clay feet.

August 25, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  14. Hannah Storm

I agree with you 100% David Gergen

August 25, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  15. thais, washington, dc

Sasha is super-cute. But this whole night has been so scattered. I watched off and on all night and I don't know what it was about, other than we're all bummed Ted Kennedy is dying and Michelle Obama isn't a super-scary feminist.

August 25, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  16. diane

Iam a big Hillary fan, great speech.....but Kennedy tribute was very touching......but I will vote democratic and go for barack.

August 25, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  17. Fay, CA

I'm enjoying the speeches so far, but it would be great if viewers could hear from more of the scheduled speakers–it is possible that the speakers who weren't shown on air were delivering the "message" that David Gergen and James Carville said they missed.

August 25, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  18. Mike, Vietnam

I'm not Obama supporter, but his wife did put on quite good show. Impressive.

August 25, 2008 at 11:00 pm |
  19. Mark Ferbet, Grain Valley Mo.

With a Family like that, he'll always know where he is, and what he's doing...

August 25, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  20. Hannah Storm

Sasha is such a personality 🙂

August 25, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  21. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Pretty gimmicky with the Obamatron.

August 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  22. Linda - Houston

Who cares what Michelle LOOKS LIKE?
    good grief

August 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  23. EJ (USA)

Michelle is not only beautiful… but more importantly… brilliant.

That goes without saying. : )

She just looks so vibrant and gorgeous tonight! I am so proud of her – so proud.

August 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  24. Michael Maddox

Michelle delivered! No doubt about it!

August 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  25. Mary

What a great speech. She may have touched on topic where people had doubts about her. But still, what does it really mean to the voters?

August 25, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  26. cortney bowman

Michelle Obama is very well spoken and will be a lovely First Lady

August 25, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  27. Hannah Storm

WOW.....Michelle Obama's speech was amazing. I seriously hope America was listening because she hit the nail right on the head with what we need.

Malia and Sasha are just sooooo adorable

August 25, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  28. EJ (USA)

Whew – watch out Barack! We have a new inspirational speaker on her way up!

August 25, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  29. glory

I agree. The evening so far has been very dull. Most exciting part so far was seeing Teddy Kennedy, which has overshadowed Michelle. So far I have not been impressed with her at all.

August 25, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  30. Dee F

EXCELLENT SPEECH!!!!

August 25, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  31. Danita

Michelle is the American Mom. She will definitely compliment Barack and ensure that issues that impact women and Americans are addressed. She has embarked on this journey with her husband and will definitely be there until the end. Michelle is awesome!!!! Barack is our next President. I can't wait until November!

August 25, 2008 at 10:53 pm |
  32. Mary

These are all great things to hope for but how are they going to become a reality.

August 25, 2008 at 10:52 pm |
  33. Georgene Cachola

Wow! I'm so impressed with Michelle Obama, and I'm imagining what a gift she would be as First Lady .Is America ready for this intelligent, vibrant, well-spoken woman?

August 25, 2008 at 10:51 pm |
  34. Mark Ferbet, Grain Valley Mo.

Hillary, Biden, and why Michelle loves America... VERY Good... as I said... brilliant.

August 25, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  35. Mike, Vietnam

I think it funny I know more about US government than my own. I have gotten crash course in politics last months. Can't get enough AC360!

August 25, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  36. Linda - Houston

August 25th, 2008 10:39 pm ET

At first I didn’t want to hear from Michelle Obama. What a great introduction made by her brother. This really makes her much more personable. I appreciate this insight to her but I still wonder if they shouldn’t be talking about more political things.

I TOTALLY agree...this is the Democratic convention......these people act like they are royalty.

August 25, 2008 at 10:48 pm |
  37. Mike, Syracuse, NY

I have to agree with James Carvelle's comments earlier. So far tonight has been a grade of C at best. Teddy K. was emotional, but the rest of the night hasn't had any moments to talk aboou at the water cooler.

August 25, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  38. Damarise Alexander-Mann

Michelle's speech was outstanding this evening. I look forward to hearing the commentary following the speech. Nice touch honering Hillary!

August 25, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  39. Mary

Nice touch mentioning Senator Clinton.

August 25, 2008 at 10:46 pm |
  40. steve

cnn, thanks for being unbiased ,and fair and not being a one sided network ,bless you

August 25, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  41. Rebecca

What do you think – Is Obama getting over-exposed??? I'm a supporter and even I'M tired of him. Maybe Biden will enfuse new vigor.

Rebecca
    Washington DC

August 25, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  42. Mark Ferbet, Grain Valley Mo.

Michelle is not only beautiful... but more importantly... brilliant.

She will make one hell of a First Lady.

August 25, 2008 at 10:40 pm |
  43. Mary

At first I didn't want to hear from Michelle Obama. What a great introduction made by her brother. This really makes her much more personable. I appreciate this insight to her but I still wonder if they shouldn't be talking about more political things.

August 25, 2008 at 10:39 pm |
  44. Hannah Storm

It was awesome to see Ted Kennedy at the convention.

Michelle Obama is amazing......love her and she looks so at home and beautiful right now

August 25, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  45. EJ (USA)

Michelle is very beautiful.

August 25, 2008 at 10:37 pm |
  46. Lilibeth

Hi Anderson and Best Political Team, I don't normally live-blog because I do other things at home at this hour, but tonight being a special night, I wanted to devote this time to the convention and just be in the moment. Michelle Obama will speak in a few minutes. I can't wait! Thanks for always giving us the best political coverage!

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

August 25, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  47. Jo Ann, North Royalton, Ohio

I was surprised to see the live blog up tonight.

Well, it is a very emotional Obama lovefest , but I doubt it will do anything to pacify the Hillary Clinton supporters after months of divisiveness and dirty politics.

After listening to Anderson and Wolf all evening one would think that the Hillary supporters have all packed up and gone home or are now in favor of Obama, but that isn't the truth.

August 25, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  48. EJ (USA)

That introductory video to Michelle Obama made me cry. It was so sweet.

August 25, 2008 at 10:33 pm |
  49. Mike, Vietnam

Whoa. Anderson all way in Denver Colorado! Thats long way from New York isnt it.

August 25, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  50. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I'm watching the Michelle Obama clip. So far it's interesting. Michelle looks just like her mother.

August 25, 2008 at 10:29 pm |