August 1st, 2008

TONIGHT: 'Extreme Challenges'

Nobody knows who our next president is going to be, but the challenges will be immense, perhaps unprecedented … We’ll look at the road ahead on a special edition of AC360°, "Extreme Challenges: The Next Four Years." Tonight, 10 ET

JOIN:
LIVE BLOG Weeknights 10p ET

WATCH: Our Studio Webcam 9:45p-11p ET

Filed under: On TV
  1. Ninos Benyamin

How can I access the text of AC360's "Extreme Challenges for the next four years" that was aired on 08/01/08? Many thanks.

P.S. That was an in-depth investigation of US's challenges. Well done.

August 2, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  2. Chris Frandsen

I have told everyone I can that this(Extreme Challenges) is a must-watch, if they can find it. I suggest that you rerun this over the weekend. It is the best network show I have seen that lays out the major issues facing the next president. Barack will have his hands full. If he successfully navigates these issues he will go down as one of our greatest presidents ever.

Quite frankly this is why I support Barack Obama. He is the only candidate that I have seen in many years who would even have a chance to pull this nation together to make the sacrifices necessary to get through these trying times. In fact, I think that the McCain of 2000(whom I supported) might have had a shot at it but not the McCain of 2008. I suspect the Republicians really do not want any part of the next presidency. Their campaign is more about trying to make the next president in effective rather than trying to actually win.

I hope that you will make the full program available on your website for the remainder of the campaign.

August 2, 2008 at 11:21 am |
  3. Winfield Rose

I caught only about the last 15 minutes of last night's program "Extreme Challenges" with David Gergen & Fareed Zakaria. Can I order a copy?

August 2, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  4. Fred Gosling

The conversation tonight with David and Fawreed was one of the best I have listened to in a very long time. Thank you for giving us something to think about. Thank you for bypassing the tawdry partisan political crap.

August 2, 2008 at 3:12 am |
  5. John

Anderson,

Outstanding show, AC360 Extreme Challenges. Your guest were objective and showed no party or canidate bias. This is what I feel we should be hearing about so we can judge the canidates on how they will handle these issue. Not who made the latest flip-flop or the level of ones celebrity.

August 2, 2008 at 2:10 am |
  6. Ruth

Mr. Cooper,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for your excellent program, Extreme Challenges- the next 4 years. Mr. Cooper, you are truly an outstanding journalist and moderator. You and CNN’s new and professional format have restored my faith in the free press. For the first time in months the comments were objective and non partisan. Your guests were truly knowledge and outstanding professionals.
    Thanks again!