June 30th, 2008

Bill Clinton, Obama speak

Bill Clinton and Obama spoke Monday morning.

Bill Clinton and Obama spoke Monday morning.

Former President Bill Clinton and Barack Obama talked by phone Monday morning, the Obama campaign and a Clinton spokesman said.

Clinton said he is prepared to campaign for Obama after the hard-fought primary campaign between Obama and Hillary Clinton, the Obama campaign said...

Obama "had a terrific conversation with President Clinton and is honored to have his support in this campaign," said campaign spokesman Bill Burton.

Keep reading

Filed under: Barack Obama • Bill Clinton • Raw Politics
  1. Dinah l-h-k-Kolyvas

My observation is this : Former President Bill Clinton and Barack Obama
    will unite in some time and by November he will be on board as a possible vice President candidate with Hillary & Michelle by there sides.
    my opinion is this no mater whom we vote in there is going to have to be someone there with moral and back bone to take hold of our great nation and bring it into the time of a change. not only with the end of the war but also the environment and going green and securing fuel and resources here at home. as far as illegal aliens entering the country. There are proper step and procedures and if there names not on the list waiting to comply with those steps send then back home to there own country in fact let us first help our own veterans sleeping on the street our homeless our own aging. I think as well all should be held accountable for the throw away kids. we must as good citizens of this wonderful country become accountable for every action and step we take .let get back to the roots of “AMERICA THE HOME OF THE BRAVE THE LAND OF THE FREE”.
    IF YOUR PULLED OVER for speeding and written a ticket for speeding do you try and say I didn’t know . absolutely not the law is the law let us all stand up and seek our moral hearts for correct living . only if it brings improvement is it a just and proper thing to do . I miss the days of consistency . but we are a ever changing nation but let us first protect , defend and increase our own country wealth and not those of forgein countries. for if you give and you give and give soon the well runs dry and the pockets are empty. I would say we all need to dig in a place that not so obvious our own heart. thank you for your time.

July 1, 2008 at 5:56 am |
  2. Job Nettoh, Kenya, Africa

Clinton should get his groove on very fast if he wants to help Obama out.
    Because if he doesnt he wouldn't .

Obama is a preety fast Dude and he is slowing him down.

July 1, 2008 at 12:42 am |
  3. Felicia, Douglasville, GA

We are at a point in time when we ALL need to shed the prejudices we have and the selfishness that we all possess in order to survive in this world.

The state of this nation and the word beyond depends on the policies and practices of the upcoming presidential administration. Senator Obama is the first candidate I have seen that has a true desire to do what is for the greater good. He is still a politician and a human being which means that he is not perfect and no one will agree with 100% of his decisions. However, his positions and views shows he has the ability to see beyond his own selfish nature.

We will ALL suffer greatly if Barack Obama is not elected president of the United States in November 2008.

June 30, 2008 at 11:57 pm |
  4. Nigel R. Noel

Obama & McCain neither one has never been the President of the USA. So neither one has not have experience being the President of USA. Now what we have seen from our last two Presidents is, Clinton (D) has help the American people so much in the time he was in Office. And might I add that he have had no experience as President before he was elected. Now Bush (R) came in office and destroyed the economy for the American people with his experience.(none). I tell you what, all that favor this war in Iraq Sentors and Congress Person who really believe in this war should have a son or daughter in the line of duty, right next to the American people that is on the front line. Because they really believe in this war. The money that they will spend to help repair that country, could make this country so beautiful, and give people all kinds of jobs. Why is that when we look up the cheapest gas station is not in the Black neighborhoods, it is always out of the inner city of Milwaukee. I'm I the only one who catch that. Why can't the gas from each station be the same. Your President has put the American on a forced diet. We have to buy less food, and spend on high gas and everything else because to get everything else must come through the TRUCKS charge more to bring everything to the stores. God Bless I hope some caught that.

June 30, 2008 at 11:51 pm |
  5. Gregg ... Carlsbad

Historians will recall whether President Clinton was unwilling, or ineffective, in stumping for Mr. Obama.

Bill Clinton was a solid president but I hope his view of his approval rating when he left office isn't clouding his judgement. After this primary campaign, he needs to restore his luster by playing hard for the Democratic Team.

Hillary too, will have her political future impacted by the perception of how committed she was and how hard she worked to get Obama elected.

Bill & Hillary: Perhaps Senator Obama can win without you on the stump; but with you he certainly will win. History will be kinder to you if you back him.

June 30, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  6. sarah

I can't believe we are still talking about the clinton's. the primary is over, let,s get over it! although Hilliary was a viable candidate, obama won fair and square.he is the only candidate that i've ever seen that had four opponent,s at one time. bill and hilliary,maccain and president bush.the bottom line is hilliary lost because of poor planning{they underestimated obama} bill hurt her by the things he said and did, and he knows it. he also realizes he is no longer the black president,as he was coined, and that's why he is sulking.to help his image, and legacy and the dem. party he needs to rise above it, so we can start talking about things that really matter

June 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm |
  7. Bert

If Lieberman understands potential hazards of an attack to test new presidency, how much did he really know about 9-11 before and after it happened?

June 30, 2008 at 10:44 pm |
  8. Nike

Well There Thers Nothing Wrong With That,Vote Obama

June 30, 2008 at 10:43 pm |
  9. Gloria, Atlanta, GA

I am glad Bill is coming around.

Let us be honest here.

It is not that easy to recover from losing after winning most things for quite a while.

June 30, 2008 at 10:41 pm |
  10. Annie Kate

Bill Clinton is a class act. I'm glad for the Democratic party that he is going to come out for Obama if that is what it takes for there to be unity. I do think his foundation work is just as important and if you ever hear him talk about his foundation you can tell how important it is to him.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

June 30, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  11. Randal Day

About Barack Obama's patriotism: He is seen in a video not too long ago with his arms folden in fron of him while the National Anthem is being played. Everyone else in the footage has their right hands over their hearts. Also, Obama refuses to wear and display the American Flag pin on the front of his suit. Any red-blooded American would be proud to put their hand over their heart while their National Anthem is being played, and sometimes even shead a tear. I personally still get goose bumps sometimes when it is played. And why on earth would anyone running for President of the United States not want to proudly display an American Flag lapel pin on their suit. Something's wrong with this picture. Mr. Cooper, please get this message out to the American people so they can see what kind of man they are possibly voting for. Thanks

randy day

June 30, 2008 at 10:21 pm |
  12. lampe

Iam glad they finally talked,but I do not think Pres. Clinton needs to come out and endorse Obama. If Obama had lost, do you think for one minute Michelle Obama would be out on the trail for Sen. Clinton? I THINK NOT . I live in the great state of PA.

June 30, 2008 at 10:19 pm |
  13. Larry

As an African American and Democrat, I tweaked my Republican friends with a simple word - Clinton. Now they do it to me.

It is clear that I so misjudged the Clintons and their commitment to America. It is clear that their commitment is to themselves.

Bill Clinton has an arrogance unseen before in politics.

June 30, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  14. Loretta from California

President Clinton

I'm not surprised that the former President would come out in support of Senator Obama. He is a true Democrat, and has a record of supporting other Democratic candidates.

June 30, 2008 at 9:56 pm |
  15. Esbee C.

Great to hear the air is clear and Bill Clinton is on board.

The Obama campaign owes Bill Clinton a huge amount of gratitude. Were it not for Clinton's 8 years as an effective Democratic President, there is little doubt that Obama or the Democrats would have the credibility for Executive power today.

Go Dems!

June 30, 2008 at 8:44 pm |
  16. JC- Los Angeles

Bill is waiting for Obama's check to clear before showing "unity" for the party.

June 30, 2008 at 7:39 pm |
  17. Cynthia

Great, that they have finally had a conversation. Hopefully, everyone in the Democratic Party can come together for the good of the Party & the country.

June 30, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  18. Dawn

He shouldn't be courting Bill for anything......Clinton needs to move along like a good little boy!!

Dawn
    canada

June 30, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  19. Larry

Why does Mr. Clinton have to do anything for Barack?

June 30, 2008 at 5:15 pm |
  20. JIM....TEXAS

Bill is just HATING all of this. If he does campaign some for Obama it will be because Hillry's twisting his arm so as not to screw up her ambitions.

June 30, 2008 at 5:07 pm |
  21. Dr Wright

Bill Clinton should give his endorsement in public, I have not heard him say he endorses Obama

June 30, 2008 at 4:54 pm |
  22. Carol

I take Bill Clinton's delay in meeting with Obama as the height of arrogance and disrespect.

.....'Oh sorry, Barack, I'm just too busy to meet with you right now. You're not really in my league, y'know, so I'll get to you when I get around to it..... you just sit around and wait'....

Like it or not, Hillary lost and Obama is the candidate. The way that Bill (and Hillary) dragged their feet on meeting with Obama so they could stay in the news and inflate their egos, is disgusting.

I don't know how Obama has kept his cool after all the things they said and did during the campaign, and even now they are treating him like a second-class citizen.

June 30, 2008 at 4:44 pm |
  23. Larry

I'm still waiting for 'complete and accurate' biographies of Obama and his wife. I'm not gonna vote for someone just becaus he went to Harvard, or he can give a good speech or he was a community organizer; there has to be a lot more to him and his wife than that. I've read his wife's thesis and I hope I'm not the only one who has read it.

I'm not voting Republican; however, unless I get the whole jacket on the Obamas I will not vote in this election.

June 30, 2008 at 4:33 pm |
  24. Cindy

Well I wonder when Bill will get out on the road for Obama then? It should be really interesting to see their first face to face meeting. You can hide a lot over the phone but in person not so much.

Cindy...Ga.