June 26th, 2008

North Korea's nuclear secrets

CNN's Christiane Amanpour reports on North Korea's planned destruction of a nuclear cooling tower

Filed under: 360° Radar • Christiane Amanpour • North Korea
  1. Victor in Saanich, B.C. Canada

Chris, it comes down to a matter of trust!! Can you accept the word of a one party dictatorship to improve in the future?? No matter what music is played for the N. Korean aristocracy, the misery and oppression continue!!

June 27, 2008 at 2:58 am |
  2. Dasun

Absolutely, this is result of very successful control over aggresive leader, PRESIDENT IS DONE his job well, all credits should go to him. This is very good example to world leaders, they can avoid any threats from extreamist with having UNITED FRONT like this....

June 26, 2008 at 11:19 pm |
  3. Annie Kate

I'm glad North Korea is dismantling this nuclear plant if it was meant for weapons. I wonder though as some countries opt for nuclear power instead of coal power will the US get bent out of shape on those choices as well? I hope that with North Korea's good example that the US dismantles all our nuclear silos, etc. Our emphasis should always be on peace and diplomacy instead of weapons of mass destruction.

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

June 26, 2008 at 9:15 pm |
  4. Susan

Christiane:

I have always loved your work. You are a fine journalist. I am glad that you are part of the round table for Fareed's GPS program. I DVR it and watch it on Sunday night.

The United States gets all bent out of shape when a particular country has a couple nuclear towers. How many missle silos do we have?
    How many real nukes do we have? We are the only country who actually nuked somebody if I remember correctly. Maybe we should destroy our stockpiles and then other countries will not feel a need to enrich uranium for dare I say non-civilian purposes.

Susan
    Phoenixville,PA

June 26, 2008 at 7:54 pm |
  5. Tracey - Boston

I have to say I'm shocked! Literally shocked.

and now Bust is working on lifting sanctions from the "Axis of Evil" North Korea.... I need a drink.

June 26, 2008 at 7:40 pm |
  6. skipper

Great report! This is great news also.

By the way, 360, you should use Ms Amanpour's talents more often on the program.

June 26, 2008 at 6:55 pm |
  7. Cindy

UMM...Ok on my last comment I meant North Korea!! LOL My mind is eleswhere!! LOL

Cindy...Ga.

June 26, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  8. Cindy

I love Christiane Amanpour's reports. She is the best reporter/journalist that CNN has! No wonder she can get in where no one else is allowed.

It seems a little diplomacy has finally worked. I am glad to see that China is doing away with it's nuclear program and is making every document available to prove it. It is also cool that they are going to blow up that cooling tower! Can't wait to see that! I hope you all show it on 360.

Cindy...Ga.