June 13th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 6/13/06

Tim Russert died today of a massive heart attack. He was just 58.

Tonight on the program you’ll hear from people who respected and loved him as a colleague, a mentor, a tenacious interviewer, a father and a friend.

And rising rivers in Iowa with entire towns underwater. Thousands have been evacuated. We’ll have live reports from our correspondents in the flood zone.

Plus, Anderson is on assignment in Africa. Tonight he’s investigating disease deep in the jungle as part of our Planet in Peril series.

We want to know what you think about think so we’ll start posting comments to this blog at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

And be sure to check out our live web camera from the 360° studio. We’ll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET.
LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Jana, Indiana

Good night all. Campbell stay strong. You did a great job tonight.

Looking forward to Anderson's report on Monday. I hope he and all the 360 crew stay safe.

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Lilibeth

Thank you all for the moving tribute to Mr. Russert.

Good night, Erica, Campbell, Megan, and all bloggers.

Lilibeth

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  3. Renee

Happy Father's Day to the Dads!

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  4. EJ (USA)

Goodnight – nice coverage on Tim Russert, Campbell. Very moving. Thanks. (Goodnight David Gergen, Erica, all!)

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  5. Ken in NC

Campbell, it's kind of funny in a sad way. Tim gave you your break and now you are demostrating your strengths and abilityies he saw in you tonight on the show while I am sitting in my home with tears in my eyes and thinking of how I have only had tears like this for two others. They were President Kennedy and Rev Martin Luther King Jr.

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  6. Susan - North Haven, CT

Okay Campbell... you have me in tears here. I can see that you will always cherish your memories of Tim.

You have your very own Guardian Angel now... Take care.

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  7. Megan Dresslar

Good night Campbell, Erica, Lilibeth, Gary T and bloggers!!!
    have a good night! Sleep tight!! 🙂
    Have a great weekend!
    @ Campbell,
    Hang in there, I will comfort for you and care of you....
    I miss Anderson so much....... Please come home Anderson....

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  8. Jolene

Hi David: I'm glad our comments inspire you as your comments do to us. Great show remembering a great man. Hope everyone has a reflective and inspiring weekend! Nite all!

June 13, 2008 at 10:58 pm |