March 31st, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 3/31/08

Anderson is back in New York tonight.

We're going to launch a new way to take part in the 360° live blog. Tonight we'll debut a live web camera from the 360° studio. The shot features Anderson and Erica behind the scenes on the set. We'll turn the camera on at 945p ET and turn it off at 11p ET.

LINK TO THE BLOG CAMERA (sorry – no audio – talk to the lawyers)

As for the live blog, we'll start posting comments at 10p ET and stop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Chad E. Burns

Hillary should stay in the race–it is far and open–but retail politics will be on Obama's side. Watch him to widen in NC and narrow PA before April 22.

Why not more coverage of FL's Bill Nelson's plan for "primary season and elctoral college reform"?

March 31, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  2. JT

Here's an early answer on why candidates are advertising on Wheel, Jeopardy, game shows - not who you might think - perhaps it's autistic children and their parents (like us... not your typical couch potatoes!)

March 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  3. Jennifer - Michigan

Hi Erica,
    The web cam is very cool. It's fun to watch everything going on.

March 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  4. Jolene

Erica: Yes, I noticed the delay on the blog cam, good thing there's no audio, I'd be a bit nutso by now.

March 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  5. Val in PA

Candy, my favorite CNN political reporter, is correct. These two candidates, not only don't like each other, they don't compliment one another. More importantly, Obama supporters don't want a disingenuous VP, but thanks anyway.

March 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  6. Megan Dresslar

Hi Erica,
    that is so cool for webcam.......... that is good idea!

March 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  7. lascelles

Can you clearify that Hillary lied about Bosnia

March 31, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  8. Chuck in Alabama

Wheel? It's on during suppertime.. LOL. Everyone is glued to the TV and in a good "comfort food" state of mind. No better time to woo a voter.

March 31, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  9. Kathy, Chicago

Cool web cam. Candy's right. The candidates don't like each other.

March 31, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  10. Kim

Hi Anderson, Erica, wow, so much to do know with the show, the new behind the scenes camera and the blog... doesn't that feel a little like 1984 for you guys, even being watched during the break? Great to see the show! All the best from Germany ;o)

March 31, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  11. Jim

Staunch Republican here with the hope that both continue to beat each other up for another couple of months.....however, why should Hillary step-aside? Obama doesn't have the delegates to secure the nomination, there are more states to vote, and the super-delegates (the party's own rules) can still be heard from. This ignores the fact that John Edwards still hasn't endorsed anyone as well.

If I'm Hillary.....given Obama's 'Wright Problem' and the possibility that Florida and Michigan delegates "could" still be seated at the convention.......I ain't going anywhere.

March 31, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  12. erica hill

Hi, everyone – hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

The blog cam is pretty cool, isnt it? Dont be alarmed by the delay - it takes a bit to get the video from the camera through the encoders and back out to you online.

March 31, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  13. Ronald

Hi Anderson, I live in NC and I am so excited that our vote in NC will really count in this election. Why does everyone in the media and the Obama camp want to take this right away from us? A couple months ago I was very excited about the Democrats chance to take back the White House and I was excited about both our candidates. At this point, I have lost my trust in Obama and our party leadership. The party leaders are fools if they don't believe voters like myself will vote for McCain in the fall. Hillary is not the candidate that is tearing the party apart. Obama's lack of judgement is the reason the party is being torn apart.

March 31, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  14. Maureen T

Cool webcam Anderson! Too bad there's no audio though. I can see you! 🙂

March 31, 2008 at 10:10 pm |
  15. Jolene

Well, if Hillary Clinton would agree to have 360 interview her or go out on the road with her, then, those bloggers complaining about bias on Obama would finally have nothing to say.

March 31, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  16. Genevieve M, TX

The live web-cam is fascinating. If I had to be on the 360 set with a live camera following my every action- I would be a bit nervous and feeling like I am being scrutinized under a microscope.

Just wondering...does this live cam thing mean you all will have to behave for the whole hour!?!?! LOL

March 31, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  17. EJ - Ohio

I think Obama and Mrs. Obama would be extremely annoyed if they had to put Clinton on the ticket. If he has to put her on the ticket due to party infighting that will be really unfortunate.

March 31, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  18. Megan Dresslar

Yeah, Really Concerned America...
    I agree with you....

March 31, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  19. Tammy

Is that a dream ticket or a nightmare? Candy is right. There is no balancing between these two.

March 31, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  20. Slater

Isn't it true that because Hillary is a woman the Dems are trying to bully her out of the race? I just heard one of your guests say that she feels that way, and I don't blame her! I feel it just watching.

Obama is over-confident if he thinks his toughest hurdle is jumping over Hillary. Wait till McCain gets his teeth into him.

I know one thing, I am going back to the Republican party after watching how she is being treated. Through this entire race she has been disrespected, and this is the final straw.

March 31, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  21. Bonnie

Hillary needs to stay in the race–like you say "keeping them honest"

March 31, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  22. LJackson

Don't undertand why it's Obama's fault theres no re-vote in FL & MI. I thought the states legislation/govenors decided not to hold re-vote.

March 31, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  23. Really Concerned American

Anderson, how can Larry's guests Joe Klein and Michael Reagan be so biased to say that Obama is great politician? What has Obama done to have such a title? CNN keeps pushing the Obama compaign to new heights every day and trying to convince the voters that he is the next president. Please! How about being fair to Hillary Clinton!

March 31, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  24. Brian Williams from Texas

Anderson, you once again neglect to point out that all of these crys for her to get out are from OBAMA supporters!! Why?

March 31, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  25. Jack

Correction Anderson: Hillary has held a MID to HIGH double digit lead in PA, not a LOW double digit lead, like you said on the air.... check realclearpolitics.com

March 31, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  26. Susan, Seattle

Anderson - Why have there been no polls taken in PA since the 24th? In THIS election that's a LONG time! We got NC today but why no PA? I should think that would be tracked daily with all the controversies going on withing the Dem Party these days.

March 31, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  27. Jill

Anderson,.

Why do you not have the "behind the scenes" video's on your website, a link would be nice...I missed some of them and I'd like to see them. Great idea...

Lawyers....Yeah!

Jill

March 31, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  28. Michael in Lafayette, IN

To Chuck:

The DNC does not proscribe primaries after March (there are still some 10 primaries remaining). The DNC did not want early primaries.

March 31, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  29. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

oh there is Erica....so far from the main desk

March 31, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  30. Yvonne

Florida and Michigan were disqualified. A ball hit out of the playing field is called a FOUL. Michigan and Florida were out of the playing field. Those points don't count. They can have a seat in the mean time, but they'll have to wait for the next game in order to count.

March 31, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  31. Paolo

Hi Anderson,

Nice camera! She can run but has to keep it real that it is mathematically very hard to overtake Obama. Ironically, this is supposed to be called the Democratic party but honestly, the primary, at least this year has been all but democratic.

March 31, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  32. Christine

I guess I will watch paint dry – I can't get the live feed on my computer anyway.

Plus watching the 360 crew fall all over Obama just turns me off

March 31, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  33. Michael in Lafayette, IN

Gov. Cuomo suggests that Obama and Clinton forge a united ticket. I am considering voting for Obama, after voting Republican for years. Adding Sen. Clinton to the ticket would stop me from doing so.

March 31, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  34. Megan Dresslar

Hi Anderson,
    Welcome home!!!! and hello Bloggers!
    Wow! Hillary and Obama have to stay in race....

March 31, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  35. Jana, Indiana

With the web camera and the live blogging, I don't think I will be able to watch the show. I am not good at multi-tasking. ha

March 31, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  36. Julia Glennville, Ga.

Good evening Anderson, Erica and crew. Nice addition. I wish we had more time to blog and that some feedback was possible during the show. I know time constraints prevent that. I know, how about a live two hour show instead of just an hour??

March 31, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  37. barry

This election year appears to be politics as usual. Our countries challenges have never been greater. The Economy, 2 Wars, Healthcare, Social Security and Education are serious concerns.
    I find what is occurring in our democratic process problematic for the voters. I have voted democrat for more years than I care to think about. I have never been so disenfranchised by my party. It would be nice if there were an easy answer as to which candidate will be representing the party come November. But a party that is trying to silence the vote is not a party I want to belong to. It is obvious that the party leaders are trying to force Hillary Clinton from the race so they do not have to deal with not counting the votes in FL and MI. If the party leaders continue to go try and push Senator Clinton from the race they will do more to disenfranchise voters than anything either one of the two candidates could possibly do. Come November I very well may be a registered Independent voting for John McCain.

March 31, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  38. LJackson

Clinton should stay in the race. Gives everyone a chance to vote.

March 31, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  39. Chuck in Alabama

ALL votes counted, Clinton is less than 1% behind. In the Electoral College she is up 219 to 202. If the DNC doesn't want primaries after March, they ought to have a rule to the effect.

March 31, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  40. AHM

The webcam is cool! Great idea.

March 31, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  41. Alma Sheykhani

Anderson,

You look great. Come back to California. We miss you. Glad to hear you are doing well. We were worried about you. Love you. Have a great week. Congratulations on the awards. You deserve it.

March 31, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  42. Sarah, Atlanta, GA

Anderson I like the bog camera. I think it's interesting. Looks like a good program tonite.

March 31, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  43. Duck

Hi there,
    Very cool new toy. good luck with it tonight!

March 31, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  44. Carly,AL

ok who's idea was this......the camra thing....they are genuis

March 31, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  45. Jolene

Hey, the cam is cool! Nice addition to the Live Blog.

March 31, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  46. Diane N.

OMG! the cam is friggin coooooool!

March 31, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  47. Rose from IA

Hi Anderson........have to check out the Live Cam..........like we don't have enough to do watching your Show AND following the Blog.......now we got a camera to watch??!! ha. Have a great Show........as for me, I'm gonna' watch ya.

March 31, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  48. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Anderson, no offense but the live feed is like watching paint dry...

March 31, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

Wow always something new on the 360 blog. One step closer to getting our dry cleaning done on the 360 blog.

Anderson and Erica.. .don't forget to wave at everyone watching at home 🙂

March 31, 2008 at 9:57 pm |
  50. anderson cooper

good evening everyone. Have you checked out our new -fangled blog camera? it'll show you what we're up to even during commercial breaks. Truth is, we're not up to much, either preparing for the next segment, re-writing some up coming copy, or blogging, but you never know. Sometimes the crew stages a big dance off competition during commercial breaks. Kind of a Sharks vs. Jets thing.

March 31, 2008 at 9:53 pm |