March 25th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 3/25/08

Anderson is anchoring the program from Los Angeles tonight.

We plan to begin with the growing war of words between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. A major shot today from Senator Clinton. The subject: Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Sen. Obama's former pastor.

We'll also hear about Sen. John McCain's comments on the housing crisis.

And a CNN Special Investigation Unit report – where are the air marshals. Drew Griffin already blogged about this story today.

We'll start posting comments at 10p ET and close up shop at 11p ET.

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Brian Persaud

Good show, the blog is getting so heated! Hope you blog more next time AC!

March 25, 2008 at 10:58 pm |
  2. Michele, Douglaston NY

Erica...you are very funny!! You have a good sense of humor on blogs.

You know, 1% of Air Marshals doesn't surprise me. I flew quite a lot and think that every airlines should have Air Marshals.

Well.. good night to all.

March 25, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  3. Genevieve M, TX

Happy Birthday Michael Ware!

March 25, 2008 at 10:57 pm |
  4. Megan Dresslar

Way to go!!!!! Conrad and Kathleen!!! Congrats!!!!!!! good night bloggers, Anderson and Erica!!!

March 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  5. Jeronimo Colon

Erica,
    To answer your question I never liked when the media exposes our insecurities. I think it gives an advantage to our enemies.

I always think back to the story that leaked about Bin Laden using sat-phones and our snooping of them. He stopped as soon as the story broke. From time to time I thinking about would have happened if the story never got out and about how many lives could have been spared.

March 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  6. Independent in DC

In regards to the Hillary Bosnia story...you mispeak a couple words. She told an entire story (on a few different occassions) that simply wasn't true. That, my friends, is not mispeaking. That is lying. Not a simple mistake or a blip. I'd imagine one would remember coming under sniper fire pretty vividly. Had Obama done the same thing the Hillary camp would have his head on a silver platter. Let's be honest here.

March 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  7. Sandi

Erica:

I always think it is better to know the truth. At least you are aware of the situations and can be more cautious. Also maybe it will open the clouded eyes of Homeland Security (a joke), We are paying to be secure and safe. Our whole economic situation can be traced back to a government that is self serving and just plain stupid.

Great to see Michael Ware tonight. At least he is in a safe place. On Bill Maher's show the other night, he was so scared he was wringing his hands. Maher asked if he was cold, and he replied that he was, in fact, worried about his safety in the area he was in at that time. Glad CNN keeps him safe,

March 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  8. Jolene

Loved the panel discussion tonight. Great show. Nite all.

March 25, 2008 at 10:56 pm |
  9. Brian Persaud

"A gentleman never reveals his age." Haha Erica 😀

March 25, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  10. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

And Anderson, Don't you also know it's impolite to ask for the age of anyone...Shame

March 25, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  11. Michelle N San Diego

Dude,

Is Ware a U.S. citizen? Does he have a right to the 5th??

Glad to see you both on the air tonight. You too Erica.

March 25, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  12. Kristina, Hammonton, NJ

I don't want to hear about the lack of air marshalls... It's as pointless as the color coded terror alerts- why should I be made afraid about something that I have no control over?

March 25, 2008 at 10:54 pm |