March 19th, 2008

On the trail... with Clinton?

We've been getting a bunch of e-mails from viewers asking why I haven't gone out on the trail with Senator Clinton.

They say its unfair of us, that we are not giving equal time to senator clinton.

Well, I'd love to join Senator Clinton on the campaign trail.  We've requested it numerous times, and so far, nada.

So feel free to direct your e-mails to Senator Clinton's campaign.

– Anderson Cooper

1. Helen Gray

This is the worst election I have ever experienced, the Clintons are running the show as if they were in command. There are three of them, Hillary, Bill and Chealse all against Barback. Three to one is not fare. Hillary should be on her own without her husband and daughter doing all the work for her. They Clintons go ahead of Hillary, to warm the people up before she gets there. Its all unfair.

I, myself, certainly don't want to hear another word come out of Clinton's mouth. Her words are that of a raging fool. she is blind with jealousy of Barack. Why, she contradicts every word that comes out of Barack's mouth, then twists them and uses his words tof wisdom to feather her own nest.

My vote is for Obama, a calm man of culture, high intellegence, feelings for his country and fellowmen. Hip,Hip, Hooray!

March 21, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  2. Harris

Presently, I am still on the fence on which democrate I will vote for, however, I have always been leaning towards Sen Clinton. I am wondering if there was any outrage at the "Disenfranchisement" of the voters in Florida & Michigan when the decision was first made that the votes would not count. Not saying there wasn't, I just haven't heard of it and the media is not mentioning it. Also, in the Reverend Wright incident, where was the outrage from the First Lady when President Clinton invited and received Rev Wright at the White House during his term? If the Reverend was supposedly spouting this type of anti american sentiments for so many years, then the President and First Lady surely had to know. I am beginning to think the Clinton Campaign is using these two incidents to help her get elected. If that is the case, I may vote for Obama or not vote at all since those tactics are right out of the Republican playbook. Democrats need to stick to the issues and stop trying to destroy each other while McCain sits back and collects ammunition for the November general election.

March 20, 2008 at 11:07 pm |
  3. Fran Jemmott

Barbara Ehrenreich posted an article on the AlterNet today regarding Hillary Clinton's membership in something called The Fellowship. It is described as a fundamentalist, religious power-based group in Washington that sponsors the National Prayer Breakfast. It seems in fairness to viewers and to appropriately vett the issues of religious ties of candidates, that CNN might discuss this link to Senators Clinton and McKane and to Senator Obama if he or his wife are a part of it.

March 20, 2008 at 8:40 pm |
  4. Mini

As a Canadian interested in your politics I am shocked and disenchanted
    on how the media spins stories over over again and then basically destroys the candidate! Americans don't realize that there is a gem in the race - someone who will make Americans proud to be 'American' again. I say to all Americans – don't let the media change your opinions with disgraceful spin!

March 20, 2008 at 6:59 pm |
  5. joanne osinkowski

Hope all is well and taking care of Anderson. As for your interview with Obama all I can say is thank-you. Obama is a wonderfull and inspiring and honest human being. The more Americans are exposed to Barack the more they will come to feel secure and will ultimately want him as president. The Clinton campaign are acting like spoiled children. Anderson if they ever suddenly approach you to do an interview I would snub them as they have done to you. We are in the last days according to scriptures. The world is feeling the pangs of distress. The bible says that nation will rise against nation, earthquakes will happen everywhere, there will be food shortages and the ugly pangs of terrorism shall flourish. Americans need to come together now rather than pull apart and where I sit only Barack Obama can unite the country.

Take Care and God Bless!

March 20, 2008 at 10:38 am |
  6. Joseph Moody American in Singapore

So when to we get to see and hear the indepth analsys of Hillary and Johns pastor I dont know what Jon Mc Cain is but Hillary Clinton is a Methodist and as a former Methodist Pastor I garentee some Methodist pastors are as prophetic as Rev Wright Espercially the AME Congregation the Clintons attended
    I doubt that John's Church is as conservative as pastor Falwell who blamed 9/11 on the liberals and gays I would love to hear about their churches bring on the videos!

March 20, 2008 at 5:44 am |
  7. Betty Roddy

I am a Hillary follower and she is my choice for President. I intend to vote for her and attend a compaign in NY in April along with Elton John.
    I'm so excited, excited to see Hillary and Elton and I look forward to a wonderful night in the City.
    I live in Jamestown NY and I love it here. I am also Seventy Years old and I've been through what this new generation is going through now
    or maybe in the near future. Obama is not a MLK and doesn't know the half that he did for this country. I think He "Obama" would make a better preacher than a leader of our country. I say leave the trust in our nation to our very smart and a great lady Hillary Clinton.

Bet In NY

March 20, 2008 at 3:23 am |
  8. tom

I think the press – and particularly Anderson – will end up being thoroughly discredited for unseemly partisanship in the handling of Rev Wright issue – obviously attempting to destroy Obama's chances by airing Wright's comments round the clock for days now and spinning the issue endlessly. It is as if nothing else matters in this election and that Obama and Wright had aggreed on the comments before Wright made them. Obama has repeatedly denounced the comments, but apparently those who have been looking for a noose any noose – to hang will not let up.

Just what the hell is the matter? If anybody out there believes he is doing it for white people he is wrong. You are not doing it for me. I am intelligent enough to see the motive behind all this. By the way, why is everything even tangentially negative about Obama played ad nauseaum on CNN while completely ignoring serious gaffes made by McCain and his association with Pastors who do not have legitimate anger like Wright but are just as bad. In the din and lunacy of it all, no one hears any longer what the candidates are saying about the real issues confronting the American people.

What is the real driving force behind these sinister anchor-men's misbehaviour and what is the hidden agenda? These are questions right-thinking men and women worldwide watching this incredulous mis-use of the airwaves are asking. Will sanity and fair-play prevail?

March 19, 2008 at 11:47 pm |
  9. Geri In Pennsylvania

I think you try to be more fair then other CNN programs, but I flipped all stations today and Obama giving Irac speech was on every single channel. Hilliary gave a major speech on economy which all of sane people are more concerned with then a guy giving a politcal speech to squirm out of going to a hate church for 20 years. Hilliary's speech showed a few minutes and cut off.

Let's be fair here, why should she trust the media, I don't anymore. I do think though Anderson you are the best one, but hard to accept anything the media says. Obama speeches are always covered, tomorrow will be the same. I would still like to hear Hilliary's speech on economy though as I am more interested in substance speeches then oracle skills as someone good oracle skills or acting like a nut case going to a church with a hate monger. I don't even want to listen to anyone try to squirm out of that one, no excuse of race hatred and supporting it. Let's talk about the economy and show substance speeches.

Iraq speech by Obama was more of the same, he seems to be running on one issue "Iraq". We know his opinion he sure tells it over and over and over, but does he know anything else? If he had voted on Irac it would have been his 40th "present" as the guy didn't vote in Illinois for anything that might hurt him later to run for President.

Note to the DNC – You dont' count my family members votes in Michigan and Florida and you won't get my vote or any of my family members. Do you know how many of us relatives in those states upset? Get with it DNC, no one cares but you what states votes when, we think it is rediculous and political and stinks.

March 19, 2008 at 11:32 pm |
  10. Anna

I don't understand how people can express fear or doubt about Barack Obama. I'm almost certain that if he looked like Mitt Romney or any other typical American politician, and had a typical American name, we would not be questioning his sincerity and patriotism. When people express fear of a person or a race it's because they lack love towards that person or race. The Bible says, "Perfect love casts out fear." And "the wicked run when no one pursues." We need to look into our hearts and allow the love of God to grow towards all people, every language and every race.

March 19, 2008 at 11:28 pm |
  11. Teri from Texas

To all the people who feel Senator Clinton is hiding or not being strong enough for an interview, DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT? Some comments are stereotypes of weak women. If there is one thing she has proven is her strength, courage and resilience.

She knows for a fact she will not be treated fairly by CNN.

March 19, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  12. Viera

I am really concerned on the way a concerned Canadian citizen expresses his point of view on what some are hearing Obama say.
    We have not had our primary but hope we do. I want them both to go to the end. I believe it is necessary. I know about Mrs. Clinton and do my homework on the issues. But I am finding out about Mr. Obama thanks to the news and the internet., I think Toby has a concern that should not be ridiculed. I cannot ignore Michelle Obama's thesis, I cannot ignore Mr. Obama's business with Mr. Resko and the deals made, I cannot ignore his pastor's manner and hatred. Mr. Obama cannot disassociate himself from him because he is like family. Jeremiah Wright has been his pastor for 20 years. How can Mr. Obama be President of the United States and request us to get past these issues so that we can unite as a nation? Has Obama told his pastor to get past it? I am of Spanish descent, and was mentored by a wonderful African American lady who was my Godmother. My people have suffered tremendously. But I love the USA and have always been proud to be American. It just did not happen today for the first time, as some would say. The jewish people were tortured and murdered, so were the indians who lost their land. The USA is a nation of immigrants.

Did you see Glenn Beck's news today on who Pastor Wright admires and follows in his teachings? How can Mr. Obama want us to get past serious issues when he cannot get past the empty comments about being against the war, about having good judgement? His judgement has shown through by his personal history and that is something that if we are looking at Hillary then we need to look at who Mr. Obama is.

March 19, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  13. julie

Anderson,
    I can see how keeping things even with the 2 candidates can make one crazy! However I'm stumped by 1 thing.
    I keep hearing about Sentor Clinton's considerable experience and wondered what it is. So, I checked online to see she's been in the Senate since 2001. NOw I also checked to see that Barack Obama has served in the Seante since 2004, previous to that in the Illinois State Senate 1999-2004.
    Today I read that, while first lady, Hilary Clinton picked out flowers for state dinners, handed out awards, and read to children. Is this the "experience" we are suppose to accept for someone who wants to become our next President?

March 19, 2008 at 9:58 pm |
  14. Lola Brown

Is CNN going to continue to allow the Clinton campaign to blatently ignore CNN? Where is the objectivity here? She obviously lied to the people in Ohio about NAFTA and stole their votes. I simply do not trust this woman. The Clinton regime is over, we have had enough of the lies and philandering by the Clinton twosome . It's time for CNN to put the tough questions to Hillary the same way you have done to Barack. What's good for the goose is good for the gander ( Pardon me for the reverse, but I'm trying to respect gender here!) No wonder she did not want these records exposed. Mmmph!

March 19, 2008 at 9:55 pm |
  15. Rose Hann

As a volunteer for Hillary, I sent an email asking her to join you. I guess Obama has a lot to answer for so he gets the attention.

March 19, 2008 at 9:51 pm |
  16. Greg S. in Chicago

Thank you for always keeping your viewers informed about what goes on behind the scenes. It helps to clear up any potential misconceptions. However, you've always been fair – and people should realize that by now. Please let us know when you get the news you are okay – I'm sure you will be, but we will all feel better when we hear it.

March 19, 2008 at 9:29 pm |
  17. Megan Dresslar

Hi Anderson,
    I am supporting Hillary, I can't wait to see you interview her tonight, she is best one I vote, I agree with her , our troops will bring home from Iraq. I am really praying so lot for our troops in Iraq. I feel that we lost more than 4,000 troops killed, made me more nervous on war in Iraq. my hearts go to our troops's family, friends, kids and parents. I can't email yet.......

And I found out you have little skin cancer, my dad had lung cancer too, he died almost 11 and half ago. I am praying for you beat cancer. Get Well Soon Anderson! I can't wait see you tonight. Thanks tell me about your skin cancer. Please don't scare of skin cancer. Hope you feel better soon....
    Megan D,
    Shoreline, WA

March 19, 2008 at 9:14 pm |
  18. Heidi, LOU.,KY

Ms.Clinton is atacing Obama's expirence, she said ,she is more expirience, but she is also older than he is,
    she had chance to get expirience , becouse poeople aroud her geve opportunity,
    SO IT IS TIME GIVE CHANCE TO YOUNGER ,

March 19, 2008 at 9:05 pm |
  19. Christina - Notre Dame, IN

I think AC360 is one of the few programs which has remained impartial throughout this campaign, and I know that many people really appreciate that given the fact that it is so easy for things to become distorted and overstated.
    Hillary is notoriously "colder" towards the media, and I think that is definitely a reflection of her as a politician. I like the fact that Obama seems to make himself more available to the media, even though it may only be to defend himself against attacks (which are a little excessive).

March 19, 2008 at 8:51 pm |
  20. concerned mom in PA

Thanks AC! I would love to see it. I thought she gave an excellent speech today. She usually does. It is sad how this Obama issue seems to be the only thing getting the bulk of the press because I really want to know how we are going to be bring our troops home and when. What we are going to do about the falling dollar and our failing economy and so many other issues.

However, it has come up and as much as we would like it to go away – it is not going to. Oh – it will for those of us that would rather talk about the real issues and get back to work on those. But for those that can and will swing the election vote – this issue has swung many votes right back to the GOP.

March 19, 2008 at 8:43 pm |
  21. Maggie C

Direct e-mails to Hillary's campaign? Done. Before your suggestion. In fact, the "papers" were my subject. Perhaps she will be able to take you up on that offer, one never knows. I used a different approach to mine. Aboveboard and legal, I assure you!

xtina- Yes, I find the same situations you describe somewhat puzzling. I responded to several of your comments prior. Guess they were too "late" to be posted.

Maggie C

March 19, 2008 at 8:35 pm |
  22. Raymond

I am a 30 year-old AA male from Philly. I have been watching both campaigns closely and working pretty hard to understand where each candidate stands in terms of the things that are important to me. Up until last week I was leaning toward Obama, but after reviewing Wright's videos, Obama's first statements to the press, and then listening to his speech I have decided that I cannot support him. I value integrity above all else and Obama contradicted himself in his comments on Friday and in his speech regarding what he "did" and "did not" know about his Pastor's controversial comments. I do not like to be played. I will not abandon my party and therefore my vote will go to Clinton.

March 19, 2008 at 8:31 pm |
  23. skm

Thanks AC. I just wrote to them. Would love to see you cover it and interview her impromptu moments.

Dont forget to rest some.. However small the surgery, the body needs some good rest to recover.

You know something.. it just occured to me that you probably asked for day with Barack long time ago... and when he fell on his face last friday, he knew he had to recover and CONVINCE YOU!!! Ha!!! HA!! And he is using you now to clean up the mess.. how does that make you feel? I just heard Candy say that they are getting a lot of reaction to Barack speech "INCLUDING FROM BARACK HIMSELF' well if that is not a way to become part of the defending party.. Show him that he needs to grow up and go clean up and get some credibility by serving the country first before starting to LECTURE to the country on CNN.. Makes me so angry... He has undone years of construction in just 45 minutes!!

March 19, 2008 at 8:21 pm |
  24. Tammy

I'd email her, but why? She's a grown woman running for president and should have the brains enough to realize free media exposure can only help a struggling campaign. It's ultimately her loss (maybe in more ways than one) for not using the press to her advantage. Obama sure has been these last days.

March 19, 2008 at 7:52 pm |
  25. EBC

Anderson –

Like the italians would say.... 'FORGET ABOUT IT".....

NEXT...

March 19, 2008 at 7:46 pm |
  26. Canada for Obama

Toby, up above, does not speak for all Canadians. Every single Canadian and American relative of mine is supporting Obama. And there are almost 100 of us. Toby must be from way up in the Yukon with a frozen perception.

March 19, 2008 at 7:33 pm |
  27. Lori McMaster

Dear sir,
    I hope that people are kind and do not inject hate in your forum. It seems like the people who support Hillary try to give facts but only to be attacked by Obama supporters. I hope she will join you; I really think that she likes you as a person. I can only imgaine how she feels after all these years being kicked to curb by all of the minorities. I was a single mother with two children in the 90's and I would of made if weren't for the help and dedication she and Bill put forth. Hillary in particular was champion and is still champion still, so for me I would be so hurt if I was talked about and the way some the young voter says about her. There parent remember and many they should share this with there no adult children. Again I hope she will agree to your request.
    Sincerely
    lori Mcmaster

March 19, 2008 at 7:17 pm |
  28. Hillaryspeaksforus@gmail.com

I AM WRITING TO THEM IMMEDIATELY!

March 19, 2008 at 6:54 pm |
  29. Judy

Anderson,
    Right now Hillary is playing a waiting game. She's just taking this fallout from the "lovely pastor," and letting the chips fall where they may, and they may all be falling in her direction. When Billary needs an interview, you can bet they'll come calling. Right now, things are looking pretty good and they didn't have to do a thing. Pennsylvania is all hers.

March 19, 2008 at 6:53 pm |
  30. Minou, New York City

Alright, I'll give it try no. 3 with getting my message posted, I really hope this one 'll make it. here it goes:

Hi Anderson,
    I've just seen a clip from the interview with Obama on the Situation Room. I'm looking forward to seeing it in its entirety tonight!
    I wish Hillary Clinton would grant you this kind of access as well...who knows, maybe she will after tonight. It could only be to her advantage to do so.

And finally, I'd like to wish you instant and complete healing!
    Don't be scared, you're young and otherwise healthy and strong. There's so much awesome info out there about foods and natural cures, that I hope you'll check out.
    Lot's of loving energy to you and happy healing!

March 19, 2008 at 6:51 pm |
  31. JUSTIN

do u think BILLARY would say NO if anderson was a SUPERDELEGATE? haha get real the clintons are only interested in business to their advantage.

March 19, 2008 at 6:39 pm |
  32. Tammy

Hillary's loss. That's all I can say about her not wanting to allow you to spend a day with her. I almost gag every time I try to watch other networks for a different perspective. I'm not sure why I still bother. Here's the deal (and I do call things as I see them). AC360 is about the most neutral thing out there. Anderson Cooper is one of the best journalists (not teleprompter reader boys) out there. He's not simply a commentator. He knows his stuff. He's a highly intelligent man (not something you can always say for media types). He knows how to interview. He needs to be trusted that he knows what he's doing. If the Clintons can't see that, shame on them. And again, if you don't like CNN, find another network to watch. I'm a McCain supporter. I was a supporter when everyone else was a hater the last time he made a bid for the presidency. CNN works fine for me because overall they are the best out there covering this day in and day out. If there is something to be known about any candidate, these journalists will figure it out. Again, it's Hillary's loss for not trusting Anderson. And yours as viewers for not trusting the network you're choosing to watch.

March 19, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  33. xtina

no need to explain !

p.s. did you ask Barack yet why he voted "Present" instead of "yea " or Nay" on Senate votes? Doesn't anybody else think this is crucial?!

March 19, 2008 at 6:28 pm |
  34. Marti

Anderson, I love watching 360 and hope you heal quickly from your skin cancer surgery.

I don't really blame Hillary for being media shy. For the last few months, all people have heard was good things about Obama and negative things about Hillary.

Obama is a slick talker and a slick politician right out of the Chicago play book. He must know a person can't run with the rabbits and hunt with the hounds for very long without being caught in the middle. He was very content to be under Rev. Wright's wing while soliciting votes in that district, but he was a turncoat when the Rev, Wright's words became known. In denouncing Rev. Wright, he angered a lot of people who had campaigned and voted for him. Now, he gives a "major" speech to address racial issues and hopes to pacify both the "rabbits" and the "hounds". Fat chance! Now people see him as just another say anything to get elected, and do another in your private life politican. His judgement and lies on NAFTA, his church, Rezko, his home purchase, and his voting record have come back to haunt him, and these things should have been known to the public long ago.

Hillary has her faults, but at least the public knows everything about her. The media has made sure of that. Americans have to be wondering what else Obama is hiding. With all his free press coverage lately, I'm sure the media will try to smooth things over for him. If the news decides to be kinder to Hillary, maybe she will want Anderson to spend a day on her campaign trail after all.

March 19, 2008 at 6:27 pm |
  35. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Hey Anderson,

I think perhaps Hillary is afraid of you! LOL. Seems so weird that she will not allow you to come with her for a day. Oh well, it would have been truly interesting. Makes it hard to be fair to both sides when one side will not cooperate, huh? Frustrating.

Cannot wait to see you with Obama this evening and also so see the coverage on Iraq. Sorry you had to miss the trip this time. Surely you are anxious to go back.

Oh another note, I join everyone else in sending warmest wishes to you. So sorry to hear that you have skin cancer. Please be safe and wear sunscreen. I am so pale I am virtually "clear" so I know what you are dealing with. All the best Anderson! Take care! See you tonight!

March 19, 2008 at 6:12 pm |
  36. Tricia

Let's face it. You can't make everyone happy. Obama's been in the lead for months, and people still won't accept it when people put Obama above Hilary. That's because she's losing, not because the media has a vendetta against her.
    When Hilary was winning near the beginning of the primary seasons, you didn't hear any of this "Hilary bias" being spouted. What do you expect the media to do, flock to Hilary the way they have been? There is a 142-delegate gap between them in Barack's favor. Why should the media ignore that to satisfy the Hilary supporters' every whim?

March 19, 2008 at 6:08 pm |
  37. Mary H - St. Louis, MO

All I can is.. That is very disappointing to hear. Come on Hillary staffers get with it and agree to invite AC360 to the campaign trail.

March 19, 2008 at 6:08 pm |
  38. EJ - Ohio

"So feel free to direct your e-mails to Senator Clinton’s campaign."

Oooh, I can hear the snippiness in that line.

Just kidding – We know you/AC360 have been 1 of the only ones to feature Chelsea campaigning so I think its all fair. In fact, we probably see too much of the candidates day after day on many news channels - although not enough of the real issues.

I do want to hear more about health insurance and more details on how Clinton or Obama's plan can work. Universal healthcare may sound good to many Democrats but what has to happen for that to accepted? Is it even probable? It seems like Obama's plan would be more accepted since the only mandate is placed on children having health insurance.

March 19, 2008 at 5:55 pm |
  39. Terry

To Toby from Canada...you must be one of those uneducated supporters of Hillary Clinton's judging by your analyses of Barack Obama's speech yesterday. Not surprising Cinton turned you down Anderson, since she likes to keep everything very secretive. I bet she changes her mind when she see's that Obama gave you the interview. By the way thanks for your fair reporting, it is rare in the coverage of this election.

March 19, 2008 at 5:53 pm |
  40. Melissa Wong

This is not the only time Hillary has chosen to ignore CNN. When the early campaigning first started, you had requested to see her earmarks and Obama's. From what I recall, she ignored your requests yet Obama gave you his without requiring a second request. I emailed Hillary that I would not vote for her if she didn't respond to your earmarks request. I never got an answer other then her stupid Hill-A-Grams even though I checked off the box that I didn't want any promotional rhetoric. I'm leaning more and more towards Obama – especially after hearing part of his speech yesterday. I don't think he has anything to hide and if he does, not as much as Hillary.

March 19, 2008 at 5:40 pm |
  41. Joy in Missouri

Just a passing comment... however, one that I've had countless times based upon so many news stories I've listened to, debates I've seen, articles and comments about/by Hillary Clinton I've read in the last year... as well as recall from the '90s.

I've never heard a candidate with such a persecution comples... the constant whining of "unfair, unfair, unfair." She literally complains about virtually every aspect of her campaign and Obama's, and before that, Edwards and the others... It's unbearable to hear, boring to hear, and very distracting and divisive - minimizing the important of the campaigns, of the vital issues facing us, the significance of the plight and misery of so many Americans with real problems and real suffering, and not just Hillary's privileged whines.

I'm a 59 year old white woman - and Hillary has never represented me, and never will. Even when she and I agree on issues, her presentation is so strident, ill-conceived, poorly communicated, and brash with arrogance and blaming others that the message gets distorted and lost. She and her husband are millionaires and appear also to have a wealth of friends and family. She doesn't and never did face the trials of the rest of us, and quite possibly "the Republicans" and Bills chasing women are her biggest "trials." She should absolutely stop the whining. It is clearly, clearly part of her "kitchen sink" strategy... just keep spit-balling Obama or anyone/anything else that doesn't go her way. Like the MI and FL votes. She's doing her usual whine about it being unfair, while claiming that the original votes that didn't include the names or campaigning of others on the ticket are "fair and should be counted." She's playing both ends against the middle, as usual... agreeing with the rules of the Democratic party, and then after the fact, crying "unfair." I can't bear until this is all over... and hope we even have a party left once she's done with all the destructive behavior.

March 19, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  42. Paris

Obama is doing damage control. He is an opportunist and this is another proof.
    It was just reported two weeks ago that McCain was the most accessible candidates.
    I wonder why is that? Maybe because he has nothing to hide and he is an honorable man.

March 19, 2008 at 5:19 pm |
  43. Lori McMaster

Anerson Cooper,
    I feel that out of all of the cast you are the fairest, but in the beginning no one brought up all these issues about Barack Obama and it was out there. I knew about it as other did to. There are allot of people who wish they could take their votes back. Your news hasn't been as bad as MSNBC, but yes Barack has been promoted by the news channels. Fox new is the only one who has been balance and that is just current. If we would of know what we know now, I believe the popular vote and the delegate count would be allot different. People did not know anything about him and they thought they knew things about Hillary. Well the obama Camp got all those papers and made such a ruckess and found nothing. Did you know this is the same tactic he used in his rapid career in chicago? Digging up dirt on people. I am sure she would spend the day with you. I would hope that you would be as kind to her as you have been with Barack.
    Sincerely
    Lori McMaster

March 19, 2008 at 5:09 pm |
  44. Charlotte D

I would direct my e-mail to Hillary but I don't want my address on her mailing list. Eeeek. Hillary-grams every 15 minutes updating me on her movements. No thanks. I am sure she will give you a jingle (or her peeps will call your peeps) when she thinks you can help her campaign.

March 19, 2008 at 5:08 pm |
  45. William Cadman

Anderson I think Hilary was right rejecting you guys because of the way CNN and all other left wing media has been bias towards her. If this race issue has been on Hilary .......Oh God....Hell would have break loose. I guess by now she would be giving her exit speech instead of explaining herself. I think its about time the media start acting like media instead of taking sides and giving false information to the public.
    When Obama said he has heard his pastor speaking like that before i have not heard the media talking about it even though he lied for saying before he has never heard his pastor talking like that before. Now isn't that a double standard?? Well i guess not.....that was Obama not Hilary.
    When She won Ohio and Texas I heard the media crying and analysis and giving all sort of stupid reasons why she won. Some were saying she went negative and some way also saying the republicans votered for her that why she won.
    e.g Cafferty always put some stupid statement about Hillary for people to write about. Instead talking about the issues and how the country economy can be turn around he wast all the time to be making fun of Hillary and making some stupid comments.
    You guys should stop crucifying Hilary............

March 19, 2008 at 5:05 pm |
  46. Steven

I believe one reason Senator Clinton's campaign has not opened up to the media is because of the negativity coming particulary from CNN during the course of her campaign. CNN has been eager to jump Hillary for the slightest mistakes and has gone out of its way to play down Senator Obama's. CNN certainly has not held Obama to the same standards that they have Hillary. Neither Bill's nor Ferraro's comments are as racist as Wright's. But more importantly, CNN has helped to move the issue from Wright's Anti-American, conspiracy-driven, and personally insulting (concerning his sermon about Hillary's ordeal with the Lewinsky scandal) remarks and toward the issue of race. Obama's camp has taken this opportunity to insinuate that a vote for any candidate other than Obama would mean that you are a racist since that would mean you are not capable of overcoming the racial obstacle. CNN has not held Obama accountable for his surrogates the way they have tried to hold Hillary accountable for hers.

CNN has also emphasized the parallels between Wright and McCain's religious endorsers. There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE. McCain does not attend the churches of his endorsers. He has not subscribed to their viewpoints for the last 20 years. Obama WILLINGLY sought out Wright's church, became a member, and continued taking his children to hear and learn from these hate-driven speeches. In effect, Obama endorsed Wright, and did so for 20 years.

CNN has tried to portray Hillary as cunning and willing to do anything to get the nomination. However, she has not CHANGED her stance on things so much as Obama has. Afterall, I guess he really is the candidate for change.

Perhaps if Hillary knew the coverage of her campaign was going to be spun into the best light possible, as Obama's has and will continue to be, then she would feel comfortable sharing her campaign experiences with CNN. But I imagine she has the JUDGMENT to know that CNN will continue to do what it has been doing....pampering Obama and condemning her.

March 19, 2008 at 5:04 pm |
  47. Joanne

To everyone writing about how bias CNN is:
    If you honestly think it's true that Senator Clinton isn't granting an interview to CNN becasue they haven't been fair...if you really think she's that weak and petty.....then what do you think she's going to say at 3:00 in the morning when the phone rings she's confronted with a REAL crisis?

Do you think she'll tell them she's not in the mood to talk right now, or will she simply screen her calls.

March 19, 2008 at 5:01 pm |