March 19th, 2008

Obama on controversy

I just finished interviewing Senator Obama, we talked at length about lingering questions surrounding Reverend Wright, as well as how he thinks the controversy has hurt him.

Here is a brief exchange:
_________________

Anderson Cooper:
“How badly do you think this has– has damaged you?  Obviously you've been taking it very seriously over the last couple days.  I mean, you've been very available to the media.  You made this speech yesterday.  How much has it hurt?  'National Review online' says, you know, bottom line, will the speech help you win white working-class voters?”

ALT TEXT

Anderson Cooper interviews Presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama on (and above) the campaign trail as they fly to Charlotte, North Carolina. Watch the interview tonight on 360° 10p ET

Sen. Barack Obama:
“Well, you– you know– one of the things I said early on in this campaign was if– if I was just running the textbook campaign– doing the conventional thing, I probably wasn't gonna win because Senator Clinton was gonna be much more capable of doing that than I would be.  We had tremendous success– and I think we were starting to get a little comfortable and conventional right before Texas and Ohio.  And, you know, in– in some ways this– this controversy has actually shaken me up a little bit and gotten me back into remembering that– the odds of me getting elected have always been– lower than– than some of the other conventional candidates...”

“...And if I bring something to this conversation, it's gonna be because I do what I did yesterday, which is hopefully open up new conversation about a new direction of the country.  As a practical matter in terms of– how this plays out demographically, I can't tell you.  I don't know. "

_________________

I'd blog more but our plane is just taking off, we're heading to Charlotte...see you from there tonight.

– Anderson Cooper

1. Araújo

Senator Obama is dealing very well with Reverend Wright controversy, and the Reverend is an adult, why should Obama take the responsability for the Reverend only true. The most important in this controversy is that America must face the undenied true, race is an issue in this campaign, so the Americans didn´t learn nothing from the past. When a white man see Obama just as a presidencial candidate, as well as John Mc cain or Hillary, then the americans can celebrate a democartic true: we are all equal, till then, there will be allways Reverend Wright or Ferrerro on the corner, and is not fair to blame or punish Mr.Obama for that.

March 19, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  2. Mary-Jane

After reading several comments on several blogs and listened to the several news channels on this matter, I come to the conclusion that anyone that has their mind setup won't change. Nothing that Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton say will change that. I think that at this time the undecided are the only ones left to talk to and I am not sure they are "open minded" especially in the way that the news media is picking and choosing there reporting. I will listen to all news channels and read all blogs and even checkout Rush Libaugh on occasion... NO ONE is reporting without bias! The job of the media is not to re-run video clips, it is to present them in context to the viewer and challenge what is said. (e.g.) When reporting on Hillary's speach on the war, showing the clip where she attacked Senator Obama by pointining to Ms Powers comment overseeas and saying that Senator Obama once in office won't do what he is saying on the campaign and the media outlet just showing the video clip and not commenting on the fact of how Senator Clinton is taking that completely out of context in such a way that she is actually lying... the NEWS reporters are doing a large diservice to the country.

March 19, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  3. John O

This controversy, as flamed by the right, is pure hypocracy. This country has been hi-jacked by the religious right for the better part of 2 decades. Their views as applied to politics are a distortion of the tenets of Christianity and have driven this Presidents disastrous policies and, consequently, this country to the ground.

Where was the outrage to the inflamatory comments and views of Pat Robertson, Bob Jones and Jerry Falwell to name a few.

To quote the late Mr. Falwell:
    "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

These views are the same views held by preachers and elected officials once known as Dixiecrats (now known as Republicans).

Had these preachers had a different color skin, their inflamatory, racial and homophobic diatribes would have never been tolerated. To make matters worse, they have been prominent in the policy making of the Bush presidency.

Senator Obama's comments yesterday showed the depth of his intellect, compassion and his ability to take responsability as a man.
    This speech about religion and race was perhaps one of the best speeches I have ever heard. It is something every American should listen to again and again.

March 19, 2008 at 4:06 pm |
  4. Nelson Evans

Not only Americans but the world is eyeing the results of this Democratic race. Will America stay on a course of aggressively continuing this war and obeying the dirty campaign the Republican right is waging or will America alter course and be the true enabler of Democracy? Hope and Change is not an illusion, it can be a goal post for Americans to aspire to. Myself, I haven't given up hope but the media is consistent with their pundits repetitively saying they would have us remain on the same moronic course of destruction. The Republicans have destroyed us up to the present with the name Bush being their idol of worship and supreme elitist of adored and faithful worship. The man (Bush) is an egotistical, uneducated abomination, worse than Hoover. Change, Hope is a direction I doubt American voters will aspire too, but rather the same corrupt. experienced crowd that has led America of late with an agenda of destruction. To me experience equates to corruption, cronyism, port barrel politics, ear marks with Corporation and lobbyist the true present leaders.

March 19, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  5. Renee

Would you please consider asking Senator Obama about education issues? What is he going to do with NCLB? How will his administration fund education at the federal level?

Thank You!

March 19, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  6. Tina, Kris and Sylvia

The thing that really gets us is that, a similar association with such a racist, had it been a white person, would have been career ending. We can't stand that it's O.K. to be racist if you're not white. What do you think, Anderson?

March 19, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  7. David

to bad the media will not air true concerns of the black population instead of using exerts from a speech. Our Government has apologized for everything except slavery and the injustice that black people have suffered in this country for over a 150 years.

March 19, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  8. David

Anderson,

I see Senator Obama commented on McCain's gaffe in Jordan.

It seems he has had a busy week putting dottering old men in their place.

March 19, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  9. Jossy Samuel

I hope you get well quickly Anderson.

I cannot understand how people can continue to stress the issue of Rev. Wright, Simple, most pastors get carried away in the pew, it does not excuse his derisive words, but it happens sometimes. According to the news and people in the church, it happens infrequently in over 20yrs. How about the catholic churches? with Fathers engaging in sexual behavior with children both boys and girls alike, How terrible is that? yet most people did not abandon their catholic faith. So we should not blame Obama for his pastors words or say why didn't you leave the church. The church is more than a place of worship, it is a family gathering made up not only the pastor but other people.

I hope people can move beyond this and recognize that OBAMA should be the next president, we as Americans should give him a chance!! The media keep talking about the blue collor union worker, were they going to vote for him anyway? To the blue collor worker out there, look beyond your prejudice and vote for a person of unity.

March 19, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  10. Illinois

It isn’t just the race issue that Obama has been facing, though that’s certainly a major component. It’s Rezko and Wright and NAFTA and many other issues that continue to haunt his campaign. And until he becomes COMPLETELY honest about himself, he will be forever trying to clean up whatever garbage is lying in his path.

Obama has made many statements about his opinion/belief/behavior about certain issues that later turned out, and continue to turn out, to be false yet he still expects people to believe what he says. If Clinton were pulling that kind of nonsense, he would be calling her out on it and she'd be crucified by not only the media but by the Obama campaign as well. And that would be fine. But he can't have it both ways.

Will his association with Wright and his personal beliefs affect his campaign as president??? Yes, it will and it already has. And it should. If this had happened to a white man, he would have had to drop out of the race already. If he's going to put himself out there to be above all the crap of typical Washington politics and present himself as almost God-like......only to find out that many of his claims are false....people end up feeling betrayed and lied to. His campaign is going to fail and it's his own fault.

March 19, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  11. Brian in Carlisle, PA

I am still trying to figure out why this is important, to be honest. Do people hold me accountable because of what my preacher says or doesn't say? No. Do people hold me accountable for what my friends, family or partner says? No.

Why do Jeremiah Wright's words have anything to do with whether Barack Obama will be a good president or not? I'd really like someone to explain it to me, because I just don't get it. Because his minister says some things some people find inflammatory, he shouldn't be president? Give me a break....

Please let this be the last day you talk about this, Anderson. And get well soon.

March 19, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  12. chinnu sree

I heard Rev talking bad about Bill and Hillary .Obama NEVER apologized in public to Hillary.
    Imagine If it is one of Hillary's people making a remark about Mrs. Obama?
    The Media and NO one talk about it.

Obama joined Wright's church for a reason . He has a political advantage also .
    Neither he can denounce the Rev that he will not get the political support he needs in case he has to run again for senate .

Tuesday, he stepped lightly, expertly shifting the debate about Wright to a wider debate about race and American hopes and American guilt.He should have given this speech to his Church members long time ago.

March 19, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  13. Naomi

I didn't hear all of Obama's speech. But the few sound bites I heard impressed me. I don't quite know how to process "Hope" right now, and I've had enough "Change" to last me a life time. I do however have great respect for someone who faces issues head on, without resorting to excuses, and stays true to their convictions. In fact, I had to rethink some of my own recent sound bites (nothing I'd be proud to have anyone hear), and throw some of my own excuses out.
    Whether Obama wins the nomination or not, I believe he's challeged us to reach higher as a country, and given us hope that things can change if we do our part. He doesn't have to be president to continue impacting our country for the better.
    Hope your eye's okay, Cooper. Your health is important. It's none of my business, though.

March 19, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  14. Saani Tucker

Anderson you are a better journalist than the questions your asking. Rev. Wright – been there done that. The Speech on race was Historic. i think white america understand blacks and whites have freedom of speech in a church or in their homes. anderson stop trying to divide america when we are so closse to coming together. Only those who have problems with race keep dwelling on that issue. Stand above the other journalist and ask the questions that really matter. I would ask obama and hillary what specific actions will they take to improve Americas economic standing. or how about the number of iraqs children that have been born with deformaties due to the radioactivity left from our bombing campaign which started in 1991 and continues to this day. Ask about how they plan to go about getting the participation of the guys on the other side of the isle.

March 19, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  15. mary, Dallas, Tx

Obama would make a great president. The comments made by Rev. Wright wil be use as an excuse by some for not support him. There are those who say he should have left the church. I can't remember anybody leaving the Catholic Church when they were moving around the pedophile prests. This only goes to show the hypocrisy of this country. Will we ever get past race?

March 19, 2008 at 3:59 pm |
  16. Eileen

I believe that Obama did a very good job in his speach and I also think it is worth every moment for the subject of race and gender to be discussed, if we do not discuss what hurts inside and get it out in the open healing will not take place. As for those who think that he should not have remained in his church, because he hears sermon that makes him cringe, I believe we have all been at church and other places where we have heard things said that we did not subscribe to but we remain for whatever reason. There are churches that know of people that abuse their children and thus destroy many of them but the mothers and fathers remain a part of those institutions and did not leave for whatever reason. I believe we have all walk that road in life.

March 19, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  17. Julie, St. Louis

My goodness, these three blogs are dripping with all the love and best wishes the Obama/Cooper "ticket" could possibly receive!

A CNN "love fest" at its best!

In all fairness, remember bloggers (and pass it on).... CNN has asked and been denied to "spend a day on the trail" with Hillary Clinton. What's she hiding!?!??!?!

March 19, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  18. Paris

Anderson, why don't you ask him about Imus vs. Wright and what a
    Hypocrite he is.
    Obama listened to Wright’s mislead people for 20 years and did nothing.
    Obama lied.
    CNN I dare you to post my comments.

March 19, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  19. Marlene Wiggins

Well it is about time you went somewere with you r Buddy as CNN is the offical headquarters for his campaign. The brillant, breath taking, prophet from Illnois ,the one who can unite the world...the one who has trouble with truth, changes his story daily, is like a used car salesman, has no plans for anything and no experience...maybe Rev Wright can get a job too and replace the Caffery file..... you go Anderson Cooper maybe he can get a anchor job with CNN because after the Rev Wright thing he will not be president. Keep giving him free press we watch Fox news now!

March 19, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  20. Michelle

You know what hurts the most, Anderson? The fact that all these people who are ripping this man apart and questioning his beliefs and morals are ignorant enough to simply sit back and take a 20 second or 30 second soundbite to heart. These people are the ones who will simply listen to the distortions and never once, ever research the church, the pastor and his history of "good deeds". They will simply take these words out of context. It's sad, really, that some people who claim to want a better life for their children and grandchildren would be so "closed minded" and unable to look deeper at what caused this man's anger and outrage. What is happening now is that some individuals are simply wanting to make it go away, don't wanna accept the fact that still in 2008 we are racially divided and we continue to bring it onto ourselves. Get a grip and open your eyes people. I can sooo relate to Obama about his grandmother and her love for him yet she still had fears because she was "taught" to fear what is different. My own grandmother "adores" my bi-racial daughter but don't think for one second she don't remind me to "lock the door honey, you know that neighborhood across the street, it's full of those "colored men". And I remember the day my daughter came home to me crying because her friends at school had told her to "wipe that black off you!". And the weeks on end this innocent child begged me to straighten her hair like mommy's because people at school made fun of her curls. And the day I had to remind her how beautiful her skin was...so pretty, in fact, us "white woman" pay to lay in tanning beds all year long to have skin as pretty.

WAKE UP! This man is real, he is genuine and he is trying to prevent this same garbage from happening from or to your children.

I for one don't condone the pastor's comments, however, open your eyes and do some REAL digging into your soul, look around the community, and ask yourself to examine why so many people of ALL races are longing for change.

God Knows we need it!

March 19, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  21. georgie

to pd thomas. if this was the 3 am phone call, he sure took his time answering it.

March 19, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  22. Illinois

It isn't just the race issue that Obama has been facing, though that's certainly a major component. It's Rezko and Wright and NAFTA and many other issues that continue to haunt his campaign. And until he becomes COMPLETELY

March 19, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  23. Michael, NC

Anderson,
    I can't help but notice that we can't see the left side of your face in this photo...hmm. You need to show that thing off man.
    I think Senator Obama encompassed everything in his comment there...he DOES have to run an unconventional campaign to attract the attention of citizens for positive reasons, and not just race. In the election, race is the obvious issue, and for him to show his versatility and appeal to all voters he had to run an unconventional race, and its about time he got back to it.

March 19, 2008 at 3:53 pm |
  24. Charles

Mr. Cooper, here's to a speedy recovery and healing. I like Senator Obama and I hope America actually listened to his speech yesterday. Listening skills are the hardest thing to develop and listening to understand even harder. Please ask the good senator how he plans to help with the house foreclosures and keeping our retirement savings safe. I know he is a champion for getting our brave warriors out of Iraq but, the economy is viewed by many to be just like him, the frontrunner on our minds right now. God Bless you Anderson. May God keep, protect and guide Senator Obama the people's choice.

March 19, 2008 at 3:53 pm |
  25. georgie

mr obama might not be in so much trouble if he had been honest from the start . this is the type of thing he so often talks about being wrong and then he does it. if what his preacher said was not so bad, then why did he deny knowing about it. as i have said i will not vote for him. if it comes down to it i will vote for mccain.

March 19, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  26. Bill

Anderson,
    I was surprised to read about your minor surgery. I just returned from having a spot frozen under my right eye. Good Luck.
    I need to vent about all of the coverage on Barack's pastor. The two items are quite seperate. I had a father you was a terrible racist but I never felt a need to disown him or revoke him or repudiate him. I have attended many churchs where the views within are different than mine but I go to learn and have the experience. There are so many good issues to be discussed, let's get back to them. I actually turned off CNN last night because I could feel my blood pressure rising.

March 19, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  27. xtina

Now that we've all managed to insult each other, can we move on to the business of discussing the qualifications of these candidates?

March 19, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  28. Ham

Rough week for sure... and will just get worse from here on out.
    To bad maybe... but I think he's done... time will tell.

March 19, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  29. rene austin

Thank you , Anderson for interviewing Barack Obama tonight and I look forward to your interview. I guess I am dismayed that the critics of Barack Obama may be some of the Catholics who continued to go their parishes when their priests molest children. Or some of the same Protestants who continue to go to their churches when infidelity and theft was the norm. I could go on and on. No one has heard Rev. Wright's sermons complete, just sound bites. Look at all of the people of this congregation and the good they do. YES, America , you can go to a church and not agree with your elders, ministers, etc, denounced them and still be spiritually moved without buying into their rhetoric. All of the critics, look into your own pasts with your families, ministers etc. and ask yourselves how many of you were willing to sell your souls just to make a certain group of people happy. Maybe some of you critics , both black and white should visit other churches to get a better understanding of what is being said , how and why. Please tell Mr. Obama the speech was wonderful and his character has been elevated. Neither Hillary Clinton nor John McCain nor Bill Clinton could have done as well.

March 19, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  30. Reason

I hope all is well with one of the most sincere politician of our generation..No matter what happens during this election, he will enter the history book...

March 19, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  31. katiec

Anderson,
    The race problem would not be near as bad if not for the
    news media. You keep pushing it down peoples throats
    and we are all getting sick and tired of it.
    Stop the trashing and let the candidates talk about issues,
    plans, ideas.
    Course that would indicate that the media supports
    responsible reporting and they have not done that
    for months.
    You all should be reporting for Enquirer Newspaper.
    That is your calibar of truth.
    katie

March 19, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  32. randy

mr. cooper i really look foward to the interview tonight. i have lisened the obama speech from yesterday and was impressed. i also have been in situations that people that i respect ,some relatives some through the church , have made comments that i didn't agree with some having to do with race. i relized that i wasn't going to be able to change there way of thinking. so i try to lead by example and pray for those who just don't get it.

March 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  33. Alexia

Fred states Will the real Barack Obama please standup.
    My Momma always told me
    “You are judged by the company you keep” AND
    “Birds of a feather flock together” AND
    “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire”
    She also told me to “Judge not lest ye be judged”
    So I am waiting for the other shoe to fall.

well Let me ask you this , why are others not outraged when President Bush waited several days to send help to dying people, why isnt anyone asking Clinton to address Ferraro statement about an issue of race that she began with arrogant words as well.
    what about Mccain endorsement from Hagee
    he is not the most approachable from what I can see,
    " Democrats quoted Hagee as saying the Catholic Church conspired with Nazis against the Jews and that Hurricane Katrina was God's retribution for homosexual sin, and they recited his demeaning comments about women and flip remarks about slavery."
    he also called the catholic church or the religion a "false cult"
    this is wrong !!!!

March 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  34. Ruth H

Anderson, I have watched you rise in your career and find you to be exceptional. I hope you are on the road to recovery from this latest surgery and wish you well. You are with Obama in my home state only an hour away. I wish I could attend. I watn to speak out as I am legally blind and have worked for eight years trying to become a teacher to teach special education. I believe in hope, dreams, and overcoming adversity. Thank you for your from the heart reporting and for covering Obama who we (this country) desperately needs. . . . . Southern Pines, NC

March 19, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  35. Kenny Huynh

The first time Anderson Cooper ( hope you feel better soon) interviewed Obama after the Wright mess, Obama said he never heard of those remarks. Now Obama admitted he was presence on occassions. We should now question Obama's character.

March 19, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  36. PD Thomas

Just as an additional thought...we as Americans should by now be desensatized to what African Americans can do. Tiger Woods unseated every white male at the top of the sport of Golf; Venus and Serena Williams unseated Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert-Lloyd; Dr. Condoleeza Rice unseated Madeline Albright; Oprah Winfrey unseated Phil Donahue

ALL of these people came into an industry without a boat load of experience and surrounded by the right people were able to not only succeed, but raise the level by which the game was measured. Why is it still shocking that yet one more African American will step into a game, and raise the standard by which it is played?

We live in a nation where everyone is hilighted depending on the spin of the moment. We started out with White Women as the swing vote; then we moved to African American's, on to Hispanics, and now white men. For all intense and purpose, Barak single handidly represents all of them, so why are we making him 'divide' them? His ancestry is white, black, hispanic, old white men, old white women, young white men, young white women, old black men, young black men, old black women, young black women, national and international. The list goes on and on.

In all that we do or say negatively against him, he still wants an opportunity to represent us. Why cannot we cut him some slack for those specifically around him for whom he still wants to keep company with. We have not marred him with our wicked ways...let us not hold the words and deeds of others against him.

March 19, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  37. William Jefferson

I think that it has helped Obama getting this out early. Really don't care what his pastor says or thinks. I support Obama for President.

March 19, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  38. donna from colorado

Missed you this week; hope your recovery from surgery is going well. You have great substitute anchors but show just isn't the same without you.

Please keep the Senator honest tonight. I'm really tired of the race issues; I'd like to know who this man really is. He could possibly be our next president and I know very little about him. Enough talk about hope and change. Tell me more, please. If anyone can wrangle it out of him it's you, Anderson.

March 19, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  39. Jo Ann

Anderson,

I think that is the big question; will White blue-collar workers (especially men) buy into what Obama said in his speech on Tuesday? Although I am a college educated person, I know a lot of White blue-collar workers and based on what he said in the speech I would have to say that for the most part they will not.

Based on the tone of Obama’s answer to your question and the recent polls, I think he already knows that.

I look forward to seeing your interview tonight.

Jo Ann
    North Royalton, Ohio

March 19, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  40. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I have to give Obama credit for opening real debates on issues we all find uncomfortable to face. Will the controversy hurt him. I guess we will see how opened minded we all really are. The anger between the Clinton supporters and Obama supporters has to tone down in volume. A shout always drowns out a word. Words we need to really hear from all sides.

Lorie Ann, Buellton, Calif.

March 19, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  41. Lilibeth

Anderson, well, 3 blogs in one day! Very impressive! On to my comment...

You know there’s a saying, “It’s not what happens to you, it’s how you handle what happens to you.” Certainly, Mr. Obama, in my opinion handled this controversy very well. It could have hurt, or even destroyed him; instead, he spoke up in a manner that was so moving, so touching, so powerful. It's a testament to his character. I was so proud of him.

I can't wait to see the interview tonight!

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

March 19, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  42. Jen

man...you're full of previews today! can't wait to see the whole interview tonight, fly safe.

March 19, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  43. Relle Boston

Can we move past Rev Wright!

March 19, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  44. Kristien,Antwerp, Belgium

Hey Anderson,

I really hope we'll get to see your interview with Senator Obama on CNN Int., we've only been getting the second hour. I haven't heard any of the Senator's speech, so I can't really say anything about that.

I just read about your operation and I hope everything is ok! I've had several dark spots removed and it's always a bit scary, well, the needles are the scariest part for me...(and the wait for the results)

Hopefully I'll get to see your stitches tonight! Kristien

March 19, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  45. Stacy

Everyone seems to be focusing on issues of race regarding Reverend Wright's comments, but I'm wondering if some voters might be turned off because they're unsure of Obama's patriotism. Wright's "God damn America" comment, accompanied by Michelle Obama's comments about being proud of the country, the lapel pin controversy, and the false rumor that Barack won't pledge the flag, might all add up to an unflattering picture for some middle America voters. I guess race factors into the things I listed, but not in a specific way. I think Obama is very patriotic, but I'm wondering how this will all play out.

March 19, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  46. PD Thomas

A round of applause Mr. Obama. This was your first 3am phoone call and you handled it well. Continue to ask us to hold the mirror up to ourselves as we stand in judgement as well as disseminate between what is relevant and what is fodder generated to make headlines.

March 19, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  47. Common Sense

He stood up like a man and addressed the situation.
    He didn't just sit back and hope that the story would go away, but he stood up and faced it head on. He has spoken like a TRUE PRESIDENT, and no matter what people say, his words ring true because he looked at it from ALL SIDES. Black, White, HIspanic, Native American.
    Barack didn't just spend time talking about one race, he included everyone because he beleives that we are in this together. And I do too.
    It reminds me of something he said last week:
    We can't end the war divided, we can't solve health care divided, we can't supply jobs divided.
    Weather it is finding jobs for people as a community organizer or fighting for transparency as a Senator, Barack has proven that he is about the people of this country. ALL PEOPLE!
    He has run a very good campaign, and he has awaken the minds of voters and that is why he is leading now. I pray he continues to do well. God has a plan for his life and I think Barack is doing exactly what he is spposed to do at this time.

March 19, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  48. Annie Kate

Anderson

A question for one of your panels – if this has hurt Obama has it helped Clinton? And if so how much?

Annie Kate
    Birmingham AL

March 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  49. Cindy

Anderson,
    Three blogs in one day!! WOW!! Thanks for the little excerpt from your interview with Obama. I'll definitely be looking forward to it. Have a good one!

Cynthia, Covington, Ga.

March 19, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  50. Janelle, WY

Be safe on the plane Anderson! Looking forward to your story tonight!

March 19, 2008 at 3:23 pm |