March 13th, 2008

Erica Cam: Behind the scenes at 360°

ALT TEXT

Erica Cam: Behind the scenes at 360°

Want to see what we’re planning on for tonight?
Check out Erica Hill’s web only preview.
Find out why it’s all about 'the board.'

Filed under: Behind The Scenes • Erica Hill
  1. jodi in Los Angeles

Love behind the scenes stuff, hope the Erica cam continues.

Good job, Erica! Looking for more of you on AC360.

March 13, 2008 at 9:29 pm |
  2. Saera El Paso, TX

this is fun... i like it!!

March 13, 2008 at 9:07 pm |
  3. janice

I loved it Erica – I want to work with you guys!!!

March 13, 2008 at 9:06 pm |
  4. Mary H - St. Louis, MO

That was fun to watch. What did we do before the days of white boards and dry erase markers. They are great. I can see where that would come in very, very, handy in your fast paced show planning. Especially in light of it changing as the day progresses..

It seems like it was a pretty calm afternoon so maybe you didn't have as many changes as you might have on some days. Although it is only 9:00 Eastern time. Still an hour to go..

You are a great addition to the show. Thanks to you and AC for keeping it light at times.

March 13, 2008 at 8:43 pm |
  5. Janna

Very fun and interesting video- Thanks! I hope to see more "Erica Cam" as well. Also, since you are leading with Fla tonight, I'd like to answer you from your question on the blog last night. -For some reason, my response didn't make it on, but I would never pass up an opportunity to chat with the intelligent and witty Erica Hill 🙂 Since you asked me personally about the feelings of my friends & family here in Fla, the feeling in my circle (Miami area) is generally disenfranchised. No one is even talking about it anymore. Of course, we'd like to be heard, but our Governor has made sure that our votes will mean nothing. Even a re-vote wouldn't change the "stalemate" situation.

March 13, 2008 at 8:39 pm |
  6. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

I love the idea of the Erica cam, keep them coming......thanks for showing us the board. Wish there was alot less Spitzer on there. Maybe if you took the Spitzer stuff off we could finally get to the Michelle Obama piece.

Looks like alot of fun at the 360 office 🙂

March 13, 2008 at 8:33 pm |
  7. Judy

Erica,
    You seem to be doing much of the same that you did in Atlanta, and you had your own show. When do get to do more than the bulletins and quick news segments? Just asking and I'm sure you are too.

March 13, 2008 at 8:26 pm |
  8. Madeliene; Atlanta. Georgia

I liked that video. I thought it was very good. It is fun to learn how the show is put together.
    I hope you do more of these videos soon.

March 13, 2008 at 8:08 pm |
  9. pati mc., camp hill, pa

Dear Erica,

For all of us who have yearned to run around on the production floor and be a "fly on the wall" as it were – a heartfelt thank you! I hope that you continue this and I have to say that I love the fact that Anderson, yourself and the rest of the 360 gang realize that we loyal viewers love feeling involved in the show. You surely have made leaps and bounds to include us into the program and I LOVE it!

PS: Maybe someday you can sneak up on Anderson working away in his office??? That would be great!! (as long as he would not mind – LOL).

March 13, 2008 at 8:03 pm |
  10. Kayle, CT

That is totally awesome. There's nothing I enjoy more than putting a show together at the last second, and I'm sure doing it while looking at Anderson picture makes it all the better. Erica is defiantly on top of things, she should get her own picture up there. Nice aim by the way.

March 13, 2008 at 8:01 pm |
  11. Tammy

Thanks for the Spitzer story warning 🙂 I finally got off my high horse and watched the coverage last night, and the story should be told. People need to know how much damage this causes to all involved in these affairs. This is a complex issue, and often the children are the lifelong collateral damage of these trysts. Keep covering it all. Even the argyle capped guests...

And Erica, while this video was fun and all that, when are they going to use your real journalistic skills on this show? You have so much more to offer this program than being Anderson's side kick. Just an observation.

March 13, 2008 at 7:48 pm |
  12. Elaine

hmmm, i think the joe johns story titled "Florida F-Up" is appropriately titled... no reason to cover it up, Erica!!

Love the chance to see behind the scenes of AC360, thank you!

March 13, 2008 at 7:44 pm |
  13. Goodheart

Erica,
    Anderson is so lucky to have you full-time on 360 now. You're personable, professional, and have a good sense of humor. It's a good thing you are married; otherwise, rumours would be flying. You two make a good couple (and remember that catalog that had both your names imprinted on everything).

March 13, 2008 at 7:30 pm |
  14. Fay, CA

I really enjoy these behind the scenes features, so thanks for giving us even more insight on how 360 works. I also hope in the future that any cards for the big board that mention the name Britney Spears will get flung aside like Erica did in the video.

Where is the back row blogger, btw? I miss his posts.

March 13, 2008 at 7:24 pm |
  15. Sandy Jay, Newfoundland, Canada

Good segment. BTW, I think that Anderson is great with Kelly Ripa in the mornings he subs for Regis. I still can't get that Kelly Ripa song out of my head from this morning.

March 13, 2008 at 7:20 pm |
  16. Sam

Erica,
    Thanks for the informative video. Need to make a distention between Republicans and Democrats,>>>>
    Republicans make WAR, while Democrats make LOVE. I see lots of folks don't realize that.

San Jose, California.

March 13, 2008 at 7:15 pm |
  17. Kathy Chicago,Il

Erica, I love the behind the scene access. You have added a freshness to the show and even have AC smiling at the end of the broadcast Keep up the great work!

March 13, 2008 at 7:13 pm |
  18. Adina

This is a great idea! I hope you all continue to do these behind the scenes videos. There's a lot of interest in knowing how it really works (the news business). It's kind of mystery how these shows are put together so fast and how they can also change so fast ,yet still end up very interesting and great to watch.

Keep up the good work, Erica! (and 360 staff!)

March 13, 2008 at 6:58 pm |
  19. Bart from Chicago

Enough of the Obama's already,why don't you just endorse him and get it over with.

March 13, 2008 at 6:45 pm |
  20. Lilibeth

Interesting video! Thanks for that Erica! I like the board...it keeps things organized and prioritized. It reminds me of a hospital board...same idea...

I like these video blogs...hope you'll have more again soon...

See you tonight!

Lilibeth
    Edmonds, Washington

March 13, 2008 at 6:29 pm |
  21. Michael, NC

Well, I think the pics of Anderson at the beginning needed a sidekick. Where were the Erica pics? I mean seriously...it wouldn't be the same 360 without the easy on the eyes co-anchor. Great video! It is always cool to see the "behind the scenes" stuff. It shows us couch potatoes how hard but well-planned everything is. And oh yea, gotta love the conference tournament games in the background...that's always a good distraction.

March 13, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  22. Jolene

Erica: I hope the Erica Cam segments on the blog continue. Great addition. I'm liking it so far. Thanks.

Jolene, St. Joseph, MI

March 13, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  23. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Hi Erica,
    Interesting footage. Although, I must admit a strong sense of motion sickness slapped me in the stomach. Hold the camera steady..Please. P.S. What on earth could bump Michelle Obama's two part time slot? Let's hope it's not axed for a breaking news story like..the long lost memoirs of St. Patrick! Happy Thursday.

Lorie Ann, Buellton, Calif.

March 13, 2008 at 6:09 pm |
  24. Cindy

Erica,
    Thanks for the behind the scenes look. It's great seeing what goes on to get this show on the air. Hopefully the Michelle Obama piece will still be running. But PLEASE not too much Spitzer!! Wasn't half an hour enough last night!!? I'm just saying...

And I see that you all still have the Ask..Believe..Receive up on the big board! Maybe we all can keep saying that to get the Spitzer stuff took down! Or at least cut down to one segment!

Cynthia, Covington, Ga.

March 13, 2008 at 6:00 pm |
  25. Joseph Kowalski, North Huntingdon, PA

Excellent, Erica...thanks for taking us behind the scenes.

Anderson Cooper is the greatest, but your added presence on the show has only made things better and a lot more fun.

March 13, 2008 at 5:55 pm |
  26. Jennifer - Michigan

Hi Erica,
    Very cute video there. It was fun to watch. Nice office, very interesting insight from you regarding the show line-up. Looks like you'll have a good one tonight. See you later.

March 13, 2008 at 5:55 pm |