March 12th, 2008

Live Blog from the Anchor Desk 3/12/08

Breaking News tonight in the Eliot Spitzer sex scandal.  The New York Times is putting a face to the name "Kristen" – the name of the prostitute allegedly used by Gov. Spitzer.  We have a reporter working to find out more about her.

And Silda Spitzer, for the second time this week she's been seen standing by her husband.  What message does that send to women?

We'll talk politics: Geraldine Ferraro's comment and the latest plans in Florida's primary fight.

As always, we'll start posting comments at 10p ET and close at 11p ET.  See you there!

Filed under: Live Blog
  1. Michael, NC

So a pimp named Jason can sell girls for almost 2 million a year strait into his pocket as net income...and we have hard working people making minimum wage. Pretty good priorities.

March 12, 2008 at 10:18 pm |
  2. Aruna, Minneapolis, MN

Anderson, what was going on in your head when you were interviewing Jason?!

March 12, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  3. Scott-Chicago

When will this stop with the politicans?? We are supposed to abide by ethics but the politicans aren't? This has got to stop. What kind of message are they sending to the young generation growing up? I am ashamed by the actions of the U.S. government. and the people we look up to to lead this wonderful country.

March 12, 2008 at 10:17 pm |
  4. Tracey Allan, Manchester UK

Well, I'm guessing it's an interesting show. CNN International have let me down and todays scheduler seems to have forgotten that the clocks went forward in the US this week... I'm currently watching CNN Today... 'brilliant'... 😦

March 12, 2008 at 10:16 pm |
  5. Nadia

Would you as a spouse really want to be there in front of practically the whole world as your husband is resigning due to circumstances as such?? What would you facial expressions be? She is being a very brave woman. I don't believe we need to hear from her.

And poor Anderson, looks like he took last night's tie comment to heart. Ran right out in his busy schedule to get a new tie. Brings out the blue eyes.

March 12, 2008 at 10:14 pm |
  6. Susan

I don't know I think we Americans are uniquely conservative and provincial. We make sex too big of an issue, its like we're adolescents and the rest of the world are grown ups.

March 12, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  7. Rosa McCarlin

His wife is probably making him embarrass himself and has a gang of lawyers ready to finish him off.

March 12, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  8. margie virginia beach virginia

@Brent
    I agree...can we please discuss mentally stimulating issues...please

March 12, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  9. Jolene

It sounds like there are a lot of powerful over 40 guys who can't find love except through the Pimp King....very sad but eye opening.

March 12, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  10. Megan Dresslar

Please no more Kristen, I want other news like campagin... Leave Kristen alone.

March 12, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  11. Stacy, St. Louis, MO

This coverage is a little much. I mean, "King of Pimps"? Really?

March 12, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  12. Olukemi Olunloyo-Nigeria

Don't American first ladies usually stand by their men?

March 12, 2008 at 10:13 pm |
  13. mgb

The situation room did the Spitzer story, Lou dobbs, the same thing, Larry King, same..now AC???...Brent i totally agree with you!

March 12, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  14. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

Can we hope the Spitzer story will fade to black soon? The media is landing on this story like a herd of elephants.

March 12, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  15. janice

I notice Mrs. Spitzer looks like she can't get away from him fast enough - as for Kristen, sad to say, another millionaire - books, stories, commercials and you know she'll be on The View - another Monica Lewinsky.....

March 12, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  16. Brent

This Spitzer story has officially gone off the rails. I know this isn't unique to you Anderson, but from the two wars and the resignation of the CENTCOM leader, to the economy, to the new details of President Bush and his secret signing statements and the legality of them, you are leading with a journalist staking out an escorts apartment. Sad state of affairs for the media in the US.

March 12, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  17. Brian Persaud

"Why would you go to an escort like that?" Haha. One little thing comes to mind..

March 12, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  18. Jennifer - Michigan

I also agree with Jolene... He didn't sound very sincere.

March 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  19. Terri - Winnipeg Canada

Sounded like a business presentation, not a sincere apology.

Where's the powerpoint show?

March 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  20. jackie Chino Hills, CA

i agree with Ro. what does his wife have to say besides a lot of harsh words.

March 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  21. Sheryl, IL

Who cares who Kristen is? Let's get back to politics...I'm mean the campaign for President.

March 12, 2008 at 10:09 pm |
  22. Lee M

Haha. Seems like yet another news story that involves myspace. I wonder how many times the word "myspace" has been uttered on news stations in the past year?

March 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm |
  23. Brent, Roseville CA

AC: Love the tie. But the story about Spitzer has sadly played out long enough. Starting to get sick of hearing his name already.

March 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  24. Ro

I bet the girl is loving all this publicity

March 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  25. Megan Dresslar

I am agree with Jolene....

March 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  26. Alys- ON, Canada

are you guys really staking out the hooker's apartment? that's a bit much, say it aint so

March 12, 2008 at 10:07 pm |
  27. jackie Chino Hills, CA

i'm not saying what the govenor and "kristen" did was right, but the media doesn't need to hounding her either. leave the girl alone.

March 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  28. Jolene

Spitzer's resignation speech didn't seem too sincere to me.

March 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  29. Jana, Indiana

I cannot believe that you are outside this girls apartment. We don't know what her live has been like.

As for Mrs. Spitzer, again this is her business, that she stands by him, not ours.

March 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  30. Ro

We need to hear from Mrs. Spitzer from her facial expressions a the news conference it looked like she def did not want to be there

March 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  31. Jo Ann, Ohio

@Jolene; She's old enough to know better.

March 12, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  32. Tannis

Why are you focusing on this Spitzer story? Don't you know there are kids out there dealing Skittles? lol

March 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  33. Mimi

Isn't there anything more interesting happening in the world today then some politician having sex with someone other than his wife??

March 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  34. Jessica, Bourbonnais Illinois

If these pictures are in fact pictures of the prostitute which Elliot Spitzer hired, it is a bit disheartening because the girl is 22...only three years older than his oldest daughter! That must be so devastating for Mrs Spitzer and her children.

March 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  35. Jo Ann, Ohio

I can't believe 360 is staking out the hooker! She couldn't begin to pay for this kind of publicity.

March 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  36. Maureen T

Hopefully Gov Spitzer can move on and make it up to his family, his wife and his daughters! He has a lot to make up for...I wish them all luck though!

March 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  37. Jolene

I'm not surprised, only in due time would they have found the girl in the center of this scandal. So young though, that is sad.

March 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  38. Terri - Winnipeg Canada

If she is so concerned with people contacting her, why not delete the myspace page?? Seems like she may not hate it that much after all.

March 12, 2008 at 10:04 pm |
  39. Yen

It's Mrs. Spitzer's personal choice to stand by her husband. I don't feel it's my place to judge her.

March 12, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  40. Lorie Ann, Buellton, California

I wouldn't feel too sorry for the call girl. I'm sure she'll get a Hollywood agent,and a reality show offer by tomorrow and stardom that she will accept.

March 12, 2008 at 10:03 pm |
  41. Sarah, Atlanta, GA

If Spitzer's wife wants to stand by him then that is her business.

March 12, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  42. Maureen T

Mr. Cooper, is the green tie for St. Paddy's day? 🙂

March 12, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  43. Terri - Winnipeg Canada

ooooooo LOVE the tie!!

March 12, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  44. Minou, New York City

I wish Kristen well and I hope the media will leave her alone!!!

March 12, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  45. Terri - Winnipeg Canada

So Spitzer has used this service for at least 8 times? If I were married and my husband cheated on me 8 times..he'd be gone...mind you, once and he'd be gone.

I think SIlda Spitzer should leave, and pick up her self esteem, what she has left of it..and move on. She would be thankful for it later. She's been hurt enough...although it may be hard for her to leave when she's used to having such a nice lifestyle.

Makes you wonder what keeps her staying?? Definitely not love from a man.

March 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  46. Jolene

Woo Hoo.....somemore sex tonight! 🙂

March 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  47. Megan O. Toronto, ON, Canada

Hey Anderson.....great tie. Love the green. Did you go tie shopping after you wrote your last comment last night?!?!?

March 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  48. Jo Ann, Ohio

How does showing photos of this hooker and the hotel room advance the Spitzer story?

It is nothing but titillating details for the "inside Edition" bunch.

March 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  49. Jennifer - Michigan

I'm not sure that she's sending a good message to women by standing by her husband. Women need to respect themselves and find the strength within to move forward after such a tragic event.

March 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  50. Janna

Standing by her husband doesn't send any message. We have no idea of the private circumstances. For all we know, though unlikely I know, they could have had an open marriage. Her "support" of him is personal to her, not us.

March 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |